• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Tetsee- yes there will be transportation to the tournament the day of, and check scav's first post or drew's second post for starting times.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even if there are only Widescreen TV's in the tournament you can still set them to display the normal 4:3 ratio. It'd just mean you have black bars on both sides of the screen. Widescreen TV's would suck pretty badly if they couldn't display 4:3 picture.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Glad to hear they can be changed down to a 4:3 ratio, I wouldn't be used to playing on a wide screen TV. But yeah, I was also going to ask about the prices on the food that they had over there.

Also, Tsetse, I finished your avatars, but I couldn't find any decent pictures of Dave Chapelle as Tyrome, the crack addict. They were most low quality. But I did make a rather interesting MeatWad avatar, I think you'll like it.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Look at me I've been banned.

And now my sixty billion sigs aren't cluttering up the page. Aren't I a nice guy to remove them myself?

gore

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by leprechaun
i have a car it's good
Ok, I guess that whole car-jacking thing was a bad Idea. But we still have to cruze lukin fo dem' honays!!!

No ds for teh kleb. Stereo and sple...

Yo, can someone tell me if I can bring my own TV and cube so I can do all my money matches and all? That'd be pretty cool :bee: .

tsetse

Smash Lord
Zarelid?

What the Heck. Last I checked I was asking for times and next thing I know Zarelid screws the Pooch and Spams it up. Thanks to Majinlink for my new avatar.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Wow major Spammage to the max Zarelid!
Here's my little cheer...

Haxing the "MOAST" out of "MOAST". "MOAST" is "TOAST". East "COAST" will "ROAST" the "TOAST" at "MOAST" cause we are the best "COAST." End of "POAST." :chuckle:

Mr.C

Smash Master
Hey was that the guy that i was going to have a STFU! match with....? ahhh owell i win! YAH!

what got into that guy?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thanks fluffy. Although I wish I had a MOAST3 banner. :(

But Bass Megaman and Zero are cool. IMO that game has the best boss battles of all boss battles.

tsetse

Smash Lord
I knew it would happen. As soon I beat Metroid Echoes Everyone but me And caliburchamp would sieze to exist. Its all "night of the Comet" again.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Just wanted everyone to know that now that I don't have my dorm's l33t internet connection, I'm gonna be pretty hard to reach for anything. I'll check on here as often as I can, but my parents' connection is a whopping 28.8 kps, so I usually don't have the time or the patience to bother with logging on. If you want to talk to me shoot me a PM or an email (think my address is in my profile).

Houston-area peeps, I'm thinking it's time to start organizing a caravan of some sort to go up to Dallas. I'm thinking we'll do it Friday, Jan 14, but we should work out times and such because I know some people are already back in school by then (like my poor brother). I also know that fluffy-sama needed a ride, and I'm sure other people need rides/don't want to drive 200+ miles.

If nothing else, it'd be more fun to drive in a pack and jam the roadways. It also helps so people don't get lost and stuff.

Again, if you've got something to tell me (MOAST staff in particular) PM me.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
in advance so people can shut the **** up and not pester me, i might not be going to this on my own accord.. i have other **** to deal w/ so this is not a definite for neo

that is all

StunGun

Smash Apprentice
what time do the 1 on 1's start?

what's the word on ken's attendance?

and finally, is someone bringing soul calibur 2 for us to play on, like mario kart and whatever else is there? we need one or two sc2's up and running.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
1v1 should start around 2.

They have SC2 on XBOX but not cube I think. But they might have it for all three systems, I've never really checked. Course, you can always bring the game yourself to make sure it will be there.

As far as food goes:

Tru-gamerz is still deciding whether or not to do some sort of deal for everyone. But even if you have to pay full price the food is cheap.

A "slice" of pizza is $2.00 and 25 cents extra for every topping. However, their "slice" is actually 1/4 of a large pizza, pretty much a meal in itself.

Drinks are $2.25 (I think, if not something very close) and you get FREE refills all day.

So unless you're some sort of crazy eating machine $15 is more than enough to cover food, and lots of people can probably make it through both days on less than $10.

Oh, and keep in mind that this is business, so they have to charge tax on the registration fee and freeplay costs. It's less than $2 extra but I don't want anyone to be surprised about it on the days of the tournament.

Of course, since we handle all entry fees for the tournaments there won't be any tax on them.

StunGun

Smash Apprentice
thanks, dr.

i would bring sc2, but my disk is all scratched up. it's like screwing around with the NES whenever i want to play. anyone who has ever tried to turn on a NES game will know what i have to deal with.

Weak sause.
are you serious? with what we're paying for moast 3, it's a lot like getting a house for what a game might cost.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Thx Drew for the Food info and for tellin us about the tax. Didn't see that coming :o. This tourney is gonna be freakin good. Lookin forward to meeting all you out of staters. If i can get the socal smashers to unite with the 3 people im coming with, then we'll do some crew battles. Good luck everyone, less than a month away.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the pizza is ****ing HUGE! HEEJE! even. it shouldn't disappoint unless you're some kind of freaky freak who thinks a slice should be more than a quarter of a pizza...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ok guys! We have less than a month to go, so it's time to take care of some housekeeping.

If you are coming to MOAST3, please visit the link below and preregister. This will give us an idea of how many people are coming. It's non-binding, and you won't be fully enrolled until you pay when you arrive, but this lets us know who to expect, as well as get a jump on seeding (which we will announce shortly.)

http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html

If you are flying in or requesting housing, please fill out the form.

The link has 3 forms. Registration, Flight information, and Housing Request. Fill out whatever applies to you.

And, to continue the trend of obnoxious bolding, If you do not fill out the housing form, you will not get housing.. You have to let us know BEFOREHAND that you need housing, and this form is how to do it.

The link, again: http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html

If you use hotmail, the auto-response won't work. Don't worry, it still sends, but be forwarned that hotmail does, in fact, suck. Hence why I still use it. Yay for Hotmail.

And btw, the link is http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html
Can't wait to see you guys in January! Lemme know if you have any questions. Since yes, I do actually read the board. Omg.

-Scav

Edit: For "crew", feel free to just put your region, such as "Houston" or "Socal." The crew part is just so we know who to spread apart.

gore

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Scavenger382
Edit: For "crew", feel free to just put your region, such as "Houston" or "Socal." The crew part is just so we know who to spread apart.
So, are crews going to be housed together, or will we be split up? I mean, I don't care about chillin with the people I play weekly, I wanna chill with some new peeps.

Im gettin good...

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe we are housing the crews together, but keep in mind we are having several crews staying at each house so you have time to chill with other people. It would be kinda strange for you to not know anyone at the place you are staying after all.

Top Bottom