• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
VERY IMPORTANT MONETARY ANNOUNCMENT

We have just come back from negotiations with Tru-Gamerz (the owners of the location for those not in the know) and we have finalized all fees.

$10 registration
$10 free play for BOTH days (saves you $4 from the previous offer)

Free play includes all games at the store (PC, XBOX, PS2, GCN, and whatever else you decide to bring) as well as pool (they have 5 high quality tables).

The entry fees remain the same (because we set them not the location) but I'll repost them just for the **** of it:

Singles $15
Teams: $20 ($10 per person)
Low tier: $1
Crew: $20 per crew, 4-6 people per crew, 18 stock distributed evenly.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Dr DrewtheDragon, you mentioned in that last post that singles is $15.00, teams is $20.00, and low tier is $1.00 but you didn't mention anything about the crew battles. What's up with that? Since you didn't mention a price for it, I'm assuming it's a free entry.

Or maybe there isn't time for crew battles...?

I'm just curious, that's all. If you can fill out the details to it, I would appreciate it. Or whoever is sure of themselves, please answer.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, I forgot crew, I'll change my post and add this:

Crew: $20 per crew, 4-6 people, 18 stock distributed evenly (pretty sure those are the FC rules)

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by lord karn
Is it worth it to fly from North Carolina to enter this tourny?
Absolutely. Not only will some of the best Smash talent in the world be there, it's basically a 2 day video game orgy. Plus, Texas tournaments (Dkrew run ones in particular) are the most fun you'll ever have playing video games.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
Absolutely. Not only will some of the best Smash talent in the world be there, it's basically a 2 day video game orgy. Plus, Texas tournaments (Dkrew run ones in particular) are the most fun you'll ever have playing video games.
*agrees*
couldnt have said it better myself :)

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Matthew, what airport do I need to be flying into? Am I staying with you, and if so, can you provide a ride from the airport? I know that Scav and company mentioned being able to house and pick up, but I figure we might want to play a few rounds together before we enter Teams.

Is Naruto 3 going to be there, or should I bring a copy, assuming that I can bring a copy...

I think I am getting a Gamecube for Christmas! That means I only need Smash and I can now play by my lonesome self! Man, I am too late getting on top of this owning a Gamecube thing.

lord karn

Smash Master
Originally posted by Dr DrewtheDragon
Sorry, I forgot crew, I'll change my post and add this:

Crew: $20 per crew, 4-6 people, 18 stock distributed evenly (pretty sure those are the FC rules)
Ok, well hopefully I will be coming, if I can find a good price on a plane ticket. What is the actual date this takes place on?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
David Kirk: I'm not sure which Matthew you're referring to, there's literally 9 of them in Texas, but we'd prefer you fly into D/FW. Also, Chang-sta just ordered his copy of Naruto 3, so hopefully he'll have it by MOAST 3, but you can still bring yours if you want.

lord karn: the date is January 15 and 16. The 15th is Teams, crew, and low tier. The 16th is 1 v 1.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Drew, he's referring to me. David you can stay with me Friday and we can pick you up from the airport then drive you to Dallas when we go. You should go to Austin-Bergstrom Intl. Airport.

As far as housing in Dallas me dcx and the rest of my crew (whoever decides to come) plan on staying at Drew's.

And Drew, I finally have some videos to send you. :) just sift thru the first 4-5 hours of me vs the CPU and you'l find several matches of me vs Cole (bahamut3535 for anyone who doesn't know him)

Also, at the moment, me and dcx (I guess David Kirk too) have no way of making it up to Dallas, unless my Dad is willing to take me, so if anyone would be kind enough to take us it'd be greatly appreciated.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Ok if I book a bus ride right now to dallas it would only cost 68 dollars round trip.

If I bus in which is the best bus station to come into.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
so, its 10 for the tournament and if we dont pay another 10 we just have to sit around during time between matches?

it is a little ridiculous but I know its just because of tru-gamerz

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Jake, you forget the $25 it'll cost to play me in an all cast ditto.:chuckle:
I challenge you to an all cast ditto. Twenty-six four stock, 2/3, 7 minute Time Limit, no Item sets. $25 sounds good to me. ^_^

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
To clear somethings up.

JesusFreak bro, make sure you have a ride to dallas before telling people to fly into Austin. The sooner they book the flight the better. SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RIDE...NO IFS OR BUTTS.

Secondly, its not because of Tru-Gamerz. Everybody please understand we know that the extra $10 just so yall can do something else during the downtime inbetween matches seems a bit mean but it really isn't. Guys trust me, I have been to many lan centers all over dallas, arlington, and even austin. This place is completely beautiful. Plus the final match alone will make everyone cream their pants. Guys trust me, I'm loud and obnoxious so the fun will definitly be there.

Tru-Gamerz is a bussiness and they cut the prize big time for us. For all of you guys. The regular prize for all of this is about 2 times larger then what yall are paying for right now.

Is the price worth it? YES......Is it worth it to pay for a plane ticket and fly down? YES.......Is this run by old D-krew and new D-krew? YES MEANING THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE THE BEST EVER BECAUSE D-KREW TOURNIES ARE ALWAYS GARRENTEED.

But yeah...come one come all to the best smash tourny of all time.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Kenshin, I have a ride (My Dad) but he's somewhat of a last resort. And David, I wouldn't want to take money from my own partner, but if you want fine. I'd be (happily) surprised if you beat me tho, considering that you don't even own the game.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, 20 bucks total sounds a bit much. But if you take a closer look, it's a great deal that tru-gamerz has sacrificed for us. Considering how it's a 30 dollar all day pass for the weekends, they technically lose 40 dollars per person overall since it would be 60 instead of 20. So they have been really supportive. Second of all, there's tons of PC's, pool tables, tons of other games as well. There weren't such additions at other tourneys that I recall, and they are closing the store down just for our tourney. 20 dollars is an excellet price for a 2 day orgy of everything. So let's live with it.

They mite make it a 5 dollar buffet for the day, but I'm not sure. I guess we'll ask them that next time.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
ok ok Moast is a month away now so lets all calm downnn, and get serious about all the info we need ....

Mr.C

Smash Master
All i need to know is...if there is going to be some random girls waiting on the corner for some loving?....?

so guy's face my YL challenges fooz!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The $20 he was referring to was the sum of the registration and freeplay fees.

My post is correct, you just interpreted it differently than Chang did.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Jeez, MOAST is turning out to be pretty expensive though, even though the guys at Tru-Gamerz are being nice reducing the price. $20.00 for registration and free play for both days, $15.00 for singles, $20.00 for teams, and however many it is to play for crew battles, not to mention the money matches I want to make and to pay for food. Let me throw that in with the gas and hotel expenses and I got myself well over $100.00 to truly enjoy MOAST. Seems like money is going to be tight for me so I might have to give up on a couple of things.

*Sigh*

Now I see what you guys at D-Krew go through when you travel to other tournaments around TX.:crazy:

Luckily, and hopefully, my crew members will help pay, cause I know they ain't getting a free ride.

My Goal at MOAST: Take down a D-Krew member in the 1 vs 1 Tournament and play Ken, Mr Silver, and every major Samus player.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea.. 20 dollars meaning reg fee and freeplay.

Originally posted by Mr.C
All i need to know is...if there is going to be some random girls waiting on the corner for some loving?....?

so guy's face my YL challenges fooz!
Actually, one of the store owners said they were getting gamerz girls for the lan center. Most likely in time for MOAST3 as well... so who knows O_o

Oh and, for anyone who wants to see how the place looks

http://tru-gamerz.com/Photos.htm

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pictures look great. Pretty big place too. Although someone should tell those fools playing Smash on pic 8 of the consoles page that they shouldn't play on widescreen, messes up the proportions and screws with your spacing.

And what's this I hear about all you can eat pizza? If that's true MOAST will have the second best arrangements for foods of any tournament I've ever been to! (Can't beat turkey, stag in whine and champagne at RT though, that was just insane. Those crazy French and their food!)

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Originally posted by MrSilver
Although someone should tell those fools playing Smash on pic 8 of the consoles page that they shouldn't play on widescreen, messes up the proportions and screws with your spacing.
I actually never thought about that one, you make a good point though, playing smash on wide-screen would mess someone up in certain different ways. I, for sure, wouldn't play on wide-screen now that you mention it MrSilver. You got a good eye to have spotted that one.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Pictures look great. Pretty big place too. Although someone should tell those fools playing Smash on pic 8 of the consoles page that they shouldn't play on widescreen, messes up the proportions and screws with your spacing.
hahaha! i know those guys! they're my little garland peoples!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by DarkShark
wow looks nice, anybody play pool?
Yep. My fiancee is better than me, though. Not to mention she distracts me when I make my shots, she always stands where I can see her . . . *ahem*

Just wait. It'll happen at MOAST.
Can't beat turkey, stag in whine and champagne at RT though, that was just insane. Those crazy French and their food!
You had that at a SMASH TOURAMENT? Stupid frogs, don't know how to be gamers.

EDIT: Stag in whine? LOL. "I'll have deer, with a side of Johns"

tsetse

Smash Lord
ok can someone please help me. If I take a BUS. Should I come into Dallas or Plano. How much are Taxis in Dallas.

Top Bottom