• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
For what? An all char match? I dunno. I'll see if I have money/time left over. Azen (FREEdom) and Cloud (hopefully free) are my top priorities for all char dittos after Jake gives me his $25.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by UNDlSPUT3D
My question to McFox is...Wtf did you do to Medafighters post?
What are you talking about?

That's abusing your power to be mod to completely change what he said to something else...It's one thing to "EDIT IT OUT" But you edited something " IN "
I honestly don't know what you're speaking of.

I mean, look what it says at the bottom of his post:

Not last edited by McFox on 10-12-2004 at 7:32 PM

And after reading that, you thought that somehow I was involved in the editing of the post? I can't seem to follow that logic.

For a real answer, it's not "abusing my power" when someone came in this topic deliberately to spam and flame. If someone's post is complete garbage, I have the power to make it as humorous as I see fit. Gid said so. You know, Gid, the forum creator?

Well, he used to exist anyway.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So we now have 3 kinds of posts in this thread.

Mr C, spamming.

AZ, spamming.

And me, Cory and Mcfox fighting against the deluge.

This is the last time I'm going to say it. We're a professional tournament. I don't care how many posts we have in the count, or the fact that we're stickied. Stop spamming. If you must gyrate with exitement, that's fine... but 10 pages of spam is WAY too much. Don't turn our baby into EOL.

The Moast staff has been working frantically to announce a nice surprise soon. But our goal is to make the tournament attractive to everyone, from Texas and from abroad. Spam does not do that. If I have to unsticky my own tournament just to avoid the sheer embarassment of these posts being at the top of the page, I will.

-Scav

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Hey Jake are you still on for the "Give JF $25 all character ditto match"?:D
Ya, of course Im looking forward to owning you Matt, much more than I am looking forward to losing the tournament

itll basically be a free tournament for me since you will be giving me your money

Mr.C

Smash Master
Ok ill stop posting in MOAST3, to make Scav happy. its also funny how u direct spam always towards me. No i am not going to lie, i do post about stupid **** but im not the only one who does it and yes you do take it easy on the warnings to me even though i probably hold the record. I have fun posting wierd i dont think that this is English class. So insted of posting intelligentally i joke around....thats what i have to say, maybe when im gone spam will drop to ans all time low of 13%, this is my last post in MOAST3 GL with the tournament. NO JOHNS!:)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ha, Mr C, it's the furthest thing from my mind to drive you guys from the thread ;) you add a great deal of color. The last thing I want is a sterile thread.

And hey, I'm all for the quick, goofy posts too. But as we saw in EoL, if a thread becomes entirely spam, it loses a fair amount of credibility.

So just go easy. We'll have an announcement very soon.

-Scav

D

Deleted member

and east coast trash talk, you forgot that

YO TEXAS SUCK STEP UP $ MATCHES TAKE YOUR CASH $20 WHO WANTS SOME AZ SUCK NO TALENT @$$CLOWNS STEP UP AND PAY ME I TAKE ALL GENEROUS DONATIONS[/wes improv]

that should be a free $100 :D

D

Deleted member

how about zelda vs anything and all you have to do is get me to last stock, you don't even have to win. I'll put $10 on that for as many characters you feel like trying. 5 stock, all you have to do is get 4.

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
I'll hit you up on that Mow...You really want to lose money huh?Lol...EAGER SON OF A GUN!

WHO WANTS SOME AZ SUCK NO TALENT @$$CLOWNS STEP UP AND PAY ME I TAKE ALL GENEROUS DONATIONS
If that sentence made any sense at all to anyone, please translate that to english...Anyhow, if that's some kind of challenge, I'd happily take it.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by UmbreonMow
how about zelda vs anything and all you have to do is get me to last stock, you don't even have to win. I'll put $10 on that for as many characters you feel like trying. 5 stock, all you have to do is get 4.
................................................................................................sorry, that post just gave me a woody........I'll gladly take 10 bux off your hands there Mow, if you can take a stock off me, I'll buy you a gumball..........

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Alright Darkness. And if Mow's Zelda is as good as he says, he won't be losing too much money. :p But I guess we'll just have to see.

D

Deleted member

Originally posted by RyokoYaksa
<---
<---
<---

You jerks. :mad:
I'm sorry. Zelda ditto?

All you AZ kids get normal matches lol. The 4 stock thing is only the zelda for jesusfreak.

Let's see, we got a Ganondoof, Samux, Myuutsu, and a Link. Should be fun.

Germ, I wish to see your fox killing skills. Gumballs not included =)

Anyhow, if that's some kind of challenge, I'd happily take it.
Nope, just you giving me cash. lol. But I'll play you too, sure.

D

Deleted member

so who's all in for my Mewtwo training anyway? That's why I'm going, after all.

JesusFreak, didn't you say your friend wanted to learn Mewtwo?

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Whoa ho ho looks like ive missed some hot postin action.
Alotta post to be exact.
Whats the current status of things?
Whos coming, whos going, blah blah blah.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
The Season of Smash has begun!

This Oct 23rd, there will be a MOAST3 Satellite Tournament at Apex Games in Arlington. What's a Satellite tournament, you ask? Good question!

A Sat is our biweekly. Because we want MOAST to encompass all of Texas, we are going to hold small tournaments in Dallas, Houston, and San Austinio. These tournaments are for PR, advertising, and most of all... FUN.

The ruleset is the same as Moast3. In fact, we'll be using it to test the ruleset. What? Actually test our ruleset? Yep, if you have any problems at the Sat, just let us know and we'll consider changing it. The rules:

1v1 -
2/3
No Items
Advanced Slob Picks
Random: Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
Non-Random: Peach's Castle, DK Rap, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdrom, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Pokefloats, Big Blue, MK2
Banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Fourside, Termina
One level strike is permitted.
Finals will be 3/5

The tournament is 1v1 only.

Entree fee: $10.

Now, for how this works. The Sat tournaments act as a fundraiser for Moast3, which is growing day after day. To fund this, we'll be taking half the money from the Satellites and putting them towards Really Cool Stuff (tm).

Half of the money from the entree fee will go towards the prize, and half will go towards making Moast truly Motherly. No, we are not pocketing any of this.

Prize distribution:

3rd- 10%
2nd- 20%
1st- 70%

Now, the pot might look small, but these Sats are to REWARD people who attend them. If you go to a Sat, you will recieve a five dollar discount to your registration fee at Moast3 in January. So for every person who shows up to a Sat in ANY city, your Reg fee will be $5 the day of Moast3, rather than $10.

These events are full-blown Dkrew funfests. If you can't make it to Moast3, here's your chance to partake in the experience in your own town! And, of course, win a bit of money.

--------------------------
SCHEDULE
Dallas Satellite: Oct 23rd, Apex Games
Houston Satellite: Nov 13th, Kingwood Lan Center
San Antonio / Austin: Dec 4th (tentative)

Top Bottom