• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
neat idea and all thomas, but I'm pretty sure we're overdue for a real SoCal vs NorCal where both sides come in at full force

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
NorCal isn't all top tier characters. You have Bob$ and the Germ who are Dr. Mario and Link. Snap could go G&W. Hmmm...... Maybe a crew battle without any of the 5 top tier characters would be interesting. I dunno. Just throwing out random thoughts.
Yeah and Kawn and DRGN can play Zelda^_^

I would play too, but Ness is top tier.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
only thing i have a disagreement would have to be the stage, Green Greens. that is a ****ed up stage for couple of different reasons, but i dont wanna name the reason why, but u'll get a idea, u have 4 walls pretty much with the blocks, and get a fox in there in that stage.... gonna be hell. but especially on teams, why would u want a stage with so much chaos with that many people, its gonna be hell with that small *** stage. please take off that stage for the tourney

emerican

Smash Ace
green greens isn't as bad for teams because you can avoid some of the previously mention rigged/lame tactics...
however, singles is another story.... but isnt every banned stage banned basically, because of fox? (i.e. hyrule, shoot a laser and run the entire match)
still... some characters are good, of course not as much, on that stage as well... peach, falcon, sheik, even bowser.

Fox is just a better character.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Besides, the first Champ Combos had Champ's Stupid Rule:

Green Greens can not be banned for any set.

Too good.

Charoo

Smash Champion
the first champ combo consist of two things

champ using champ combo

and

champ using green greens

take 1 out and it isn't a champ combo anymore

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I know a lot of people call it a Fox stage, but Fox is easily edge-guarded and if you contain most of the fight to the outer edges of this stage, you can f*** him up pretty bad. Also, Foxes likes to run around and shoot lasers - they love their space. If you contain the fight to those small areas in the outer edges, it's really hard for them to fight without a lot of space. Any character with better priority will put a Fox to shame when he's forced to fight in such a small space.

Fox players typically think like this "Low ceiling = Fox stage" and when that is the ONLY thing they take into consideration (or MOSTLY consider), you can take advantage of the other things that they fail to see. Speed, agility, priority, reach, survival, character abilities; they all matter. If a player only sees one thing in his choice of stages, take advantage of the things they don't see.

But I do agree that Green Greens is waaaaaaaayyyyyy too random to be tournament quality.

petoo0

Smash Ace
lol confining fox to a small space, does by no means stop him. this is what happens in that corner: drill shine drill shine drill shine shine shine. green green for the win.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Updated first post with more rule clarification, a daily schedule, and info on our SUPER DUPER RAFFLE.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
soooooo yeaaa what isai said... who is willing to house me?!?!?!?!!?!? u dont want this pooor little asian kit roaming around town do yah?!

Flight Info: Departure Flight ( Carrier - SOUTHWEST AIRLINES )

Departure

Date: Sept. 27 2007 ( Thursday )

PVD - Providence Departure

Departure Time: 9:40 AM

Arrive

LAX - Los Angeles

Arrival Time: 3:10 PM

Flight Info: Return Flight ( Carrier - SOUTHWEST AIRLINES )

Date: Oct. 1 2007 ( Monday )

Departure

LAX - Los Angeles

Departure Time: 9:55 AM

Arrive

PVD - Providence

Arrival Time: 7:35 PM

Basicallly tahts it who wanna hook a brother up?!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It's a stupid level! AAAAARGH.

It RANDOMLY saves people, RANDOMLY kills people, has properties very similar to the ones we banned Flatzone and MK2 for--tiny sides, and in Flatzone's case, random **** falling from the sky to manhandle anybody dumb enough to be in the middle of the level. In short, ALL OF THE STAGE'S UNIQUE PROPERTIES ARE CONSIDERED BROKEN IN OTHER STAGES. It even possess several of those properties. WHY IS IT STILL ALLOWED?!?!?!?!,

Also, unban Icicle Mountain. It's my favorite stage.

That being said, I have only ever won one raffle in my life, and I got a laundry basket full of coathangers. It would figure that if I ever won another one, the prize would be a recorded ***-whooping.

But what happens if somebody registers for that prize and makes it into top 3? Wouldn't that be silly?

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE COMBO TO START!

This tournament sounds awesome. I can't wait.

BTW, I have no problem with Green Greens. It's actually kinda funny for that one idiot who doesn't pay attention to the exploding blocks (...me of course, prepare to get a good laugh outta me.) but Will o' Wisp gets on my last nerve (-_-)...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If all goes according to plan, I'll be getting lots of raffle tickets. :)

T-Shirt plz!

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
LOL @ fabians drunk post lmao wow fabian...all this drama haha crazy stuff!! also i still beat oscar last week still and i havnt played since ucla 2 LOL burn!!! im a go to this!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
ill be there probably, (school ****it) hope its on a weekend.
Vegas we have to represent.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, green greens is just too random. a stage shouldnt be able to rack up damage by exploding blocks and may even kill u. i totally agree with wobbles

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ugh.

So I'll be at Cal State Northridge during this event- the thing is, I don't have a car now.

If someone can pick me up on the way I'll pay for all gas + an extra tip for being awesome.

LuCKy

Smash Master
now that i think about it.........who one the first norcal vs socal lol? and are there videos?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Also, unban Icicle Mountain. It's my favorite stage.

I've always asked why Icicle Mountain is banned while other stages, that are more broken, are allowed. The only thing really random about it is the speed in which it travels.

Corneria - Random ships blasting you
Onett - Random cars driving by
Yoshi's Story - Random cloud
Jungle Japes - Random Clap Traps
Brinstar - Random acid
DK 64 - Random barrell
FoD - Platforms rising randomly
Kirby 64 - Random wind ruining your perfect positioning
Pokemon Stadium - Random.....oh....let's say windmill
Green Greens - Random everything

I have a name for these things, "interference." I hope in Brawl they will make an option to turn interference off for tournament play.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I have a proposition:

All Ice Climber tactics should be NOT BANNED if they are used only up to 200%, where they must be stopped. I.e., as long as something is not used for stalling it is allowed. I think Wobbles will agree with me, just for the fun factor. :)

Also, Green Greens counters Simna ibn Sind. lol

Still waiting for someone to pick me up on Friday...:(

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
ThomaSexy: Brinstar's acid is actually on a set pattern. Most people just don't play it enough to notice. And the cloud on Yoshi's story isn't random, just next to impossible to keep track of during a heated match. You could set it a timer to eight minutes and just record when it appears/disappears on each side and memorize it though. That's a lot of effort, but it's better than being screwed over by happy condensation.

Isn't the infinite permitted? Why are we bringing it up? XD

Delphiki: If you're NOT talking about the infinite, what IC tactics are you referring to? Ledge chaingrab? D-throw d-air?

What a confusing thread. On that note, where is my Icicle Mountain?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually the cloud was mapped by skypal a good long while ago, its on a 20 second cycle, 5 seconds out on each side and 10 in the center when its not available. its out on 5 and under on the sides and from there it depends on whether its odd or even for the tens spot.

its easy to map haha

petoo0

Smash Ace
why is everyone complaining about the levels. seriously...random cloud on Yoshi story? That makes the game more interesting. If you don't want interference then we should just play Final Destination all **** day. WOW so much fun. I can run around and laser camp someone's *** all day. The stage create better game play. And if green greens is such a concern then ****ing ban it....unless Champ's rule is still in, in which case NO FUKING JOHNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom