• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 - June 4-6th - $7,000 - Ally, M2K...everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hopefully someone keeps me updated on this tourney if theres no stream

ill of course be at GAMME, cause i dont want to start in losers for singles

CO18

Smash Hero
O yea ill actually be at the hotels this time so MMSSS.

Wait me and dojo have like 20 or 40$ or some ****. And you sidebet on that right gnes

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nah its k anti, im teaming with cable finally. (unless you meant kbizzle the peach player lol)

cant wait for this

HOT GIRLS passing FREE STUFF out in HUMONGOUS VENUE with AMAZING COMMUNITY. DO NOT MISS THIS GUYS.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh anti, i cant get that friday off for MLG, so i cant go cause if i did, i would start in losers on saturday.

that is literally the only reason im going to GAMME and not MLG

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Had to choose this over TP5, for multiple reasons.

Cheaper
Probably gonna be more fun.
and Get Money, Get Paid.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Undecided between this and GAAME. Might go to GAAME idk when I will decide. Still have a free round trip ticket I could use any time if I change my mind but GAAME seems currently like more money and easier so x_x
Please feel free to contact me on AIM and I will be happy to explain anything you were wondering about regarding MLG (Prizes, Pro Status, etc). My AIM is MLG Deimos

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If M2K really thinks gamme will be more profitable for him then let him go. I'd be a bit scared though about a "sponsored" tournament that...doesn't have a website that works a month before the event and the thread has no mention of who the sponsors are/who is guaranteeing this $3,000 bonus (only $2,000 of which goes to Brawl, and throw in that individual entry to the tournament is $15, GAMME needs an attendance of 330 people JUST to get the $7,000 pot that MLG has). Could be a SNES or Winterfest all over again though cause I really haven't seen anything that makes me think the tournament is really legit. The company clearly wants to make money off of attendance only, and any company with that type of business plan usually takes money out of the pot when they realize they totally screwed their finances.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If M2K really thinks gamme will be more profitable for him then let him go. I'd be a bit scared though about a "sponsored" tournament that...doesn't have a website that works a month before the event and the thread has no mention of who sponsors are. Could be a SNES or Winterfest all over again.
I was thinking about that too. lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
If M2K really thinks gamme will be more profitable for him then let him go. I'd be a bit scared though about a "sponsored" tournament that...doesn't have a website that works a month before the event and the thread has no mention of who the sponsors are/who is guaranteeing this $3,000 bonus (only $2,000 of which goes to Brawl, and throw in that individual entry to the tournament is $15, GAMME needs an attendance of 330 people JUST to get the $7,000 pot that MLG has). Could be a SNES or Winterfest all over again though cause I really haven't seen anything that makes me think the tournament is really legit. The company clearly wants to make money off of attendance only, and any company with that type of business plan usually takes money out of the pot when they realize they totally screwed their finances.
D@MN... **** jus hit da fan..

Double Wario. No gayer team.
Ummm

Mk + Mk or Snake + Mk ???

Wario's are more fun wen ur not dumb like me ;)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean I'm just doing the math...which actually I was wrong about initially, the odds are even worse. Of the $15 you pay to enter Brawl, $5 of that goes to charity (I love this idea actually). So only $10 of your entry fee goes to the pot. That means that GAMME needs to get 500 people to enter Brawl to reach the $7,000 pot that MLG has. Also, registration for GAMME, Brawl + Venue fee (this is your minimun payment) is $50 right now (compared to $35 for MLG). And with MLG you get a ton of free stuff and an amazing experience and 5 years of historical proof that the live events pay out prizes as promised cause there are major sponsors (stride/dr pepper/doritos/hot pockets/old spice/ball park/bic/jack links/etc).

However, from M2K's perspective, he is just worried about 1st place prize money, in which case since GAMME pays 50% of the pot to 1st place, then they need a total of just 300 people to register for M2K to make the same amount he would get for 1st at MLG.

This is still without having any idea who is sponsoring GAMME, other then GPX, which is the company that is putting on the tournament/created GAMME. I heard a rumor a bit ago that plank hasn't even been able to get in contact with the organizers for months, hopefully this rumor is not correct and the guys at GPX are not being sketchy, but either way it all comes down to math for M2K. M2K needs 300 people to show up to GAMME to get the same prize at MLG. If he were to get second place, for him to get the same prize he would get at MLG then GAMME would need 400 people to attend.

The positive I see with GAMME is that there are 49 setups, but its split 50/50 (probably worse then 50/50 but lets pretend Brawl will get the same attention as Melee) which means only 24 setups (4 more then MLG). The other positive I see is that it would probably be live streamed since it isn't relying on Nintendo approval like MLG is. The final positive is that there will be anime and other random stuff there like a convention sorta like SNES.

At the end of the day, MLG Columbus determines who gets $200 stipends at Raleigh. Thats $3,200 split to the top 16 ranked players before MLG Raleigh even takes place. Then on top of that you don't need to worry about attendance, $7,000 is being paid to top 8 whether 50 people show or 256.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I think m2k is also worried about taxes being taken out, as he lost a lot of $ at orlando cause of it, but that cant be avoided. Out of curiosity, does Ally have taxes taken out for not living in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom