• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG 2010 Pro Circuit: Q&A / FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
So um... Isn't it kinda a bad idea to ban probably the two best smashers in the nation from a huge event like that? I mean, yeah, they broke the rules. But they're ADHD and M2K.
So your saying that if, for example, Peyton Manning (or another famous sports player), threw a game, took drugs, or cheated in some way, they should not be punished because they are one of the best players? Huh? Seriously?

M2K and ADHD manipulated the brackets, plain and simple, and for that, they received a ban from the next MLG event, which happens to be the Dallas National Championships. It does not matter who you are, if you break the rules, you will be penalized.

Deimos, what is the process to appeal being banned from an MLG event, under accusation of breaking a rule?
Anakin, the Commissioner of MLG would receive the appeals. If your talking about M2K and ADHD, they can email Ray or Alyssa. Keep in mind that the emails would come from those that are banned from the MLG Event, not other people appealing their bans.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
So your saying that if, for example, Peyton Manning (or another famous sports player), threw a game, took drugs, or cheated in some way, they should not be punished because they are one of the best players? Huh? Seriously?

M2K and ADHD manipulated the brackets, plain and simple, and for that, they received a ban from the next MLG event, which happens to be the Dallas National Championships. It does not matter who you are, if you break the rules, you will be penalized.
This. Being "famous" shouldn't excuse you from the penalties of your actions.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Anakin, the Commissioner of MLG would receive the appeals. If your talking about M2K and ADHD, they can email Ray or Alyssa. Keep in mind that the emails would come from those that are banned from the MLG Event, not other people appealing their bans.
Obviously I completely agree with you that top players should not be excused from the rules.

If I were M2k or ADHD, how might I achieve getting Ray or Alyssa's email addresses?

EDIT:

Another question. If ADHD and M2k are removed from the event, do they lose their seed points? Considering they were both top 8 players, this is significant due to the way the finals is run. Will the 9th and 10th seeded players receive their places in the Championship Bracket and be able to bypass the Open Bracket. Will the 17th and 18th ranked players receive stipends?

MLG_Deimos

Please keep this thread free of clutter. This is for Q&A only regarding the MLG Events.

As for the banning of ADHD and M2K, please read JV's post here, which sums it up pretty nicely: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11495754#post11495754

Obviously I completely agree with you that top players should not be excused from the rules.

If I were M2k or ADHD, how might I achieve getting Ray or Alyssa's email addresses?

EDIT:

Another question. If ADHD and M2k are removed from the event, do they lose their seed points? Considering they were both top 8 players, this is significant due to the way the finals is run. Will the 9th and 10th seeded players receive their places in the Championship Bracket and be able to bypass the Open Bracket. Will the 17th and 18th ranked players receive stipends?
There is no "IF". ADHD and M2K are banned from competing at Dallas. Additionally, they should both have their contact information since these staff members they work with at the event. If they do not, they can PM me.

They still hold their respective ranks (seeding points); however, since they will not be registered for Dallas, they will not hold that seed in Dallas. Seeds are based off of who registers. So yes, for example, the number 2 ranked player, will hold the number 1 seed in Dallas since M2K will not be competing.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm sorry. I mean "since". I'm aware that they are banned, and obviously respect MLG's decision.

Also, while that answers the question of who makes it into the Championship Bracket, I'm still unsure who gets the stipends. Am I correct in assuming no players from outside the original top 16 will receive the now forfeited stipends?

Dojo

Smash Champion
If you don't enter singles, is it possible to solely enter doubles without buying a singles pass? How does that work.

I have somebody who is interested in doubles but doesn't wanna pay the 35 for entering singles. How does that work?

MLG_Deimos

I'm sorry. I mean "since". I'm aware that they are banned, and obviously respect MLG's decision.

Also, while that answers the question of who makes it into the Championship Bracket, I'm still unsure who gets the stipends. Am I correct in assuming no players from outside the original top 16 will receive the now forfeited stipends?
Stipends are given to the top 16 ranked players. So that part is not affected. Since ADHD and M2K are banned, there will only be 14 stipends (if the rest of the top 16 ranked players show up) given out.

then you pay 35. 25 for spectator fee and 10 for doubles.
This is correct. You'd purchase a spectator pass, and then register for doubles on site.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Esam already explained this last page, but I want to make sure I understand properly:

Assuming the 9th, 10th, and 11th seed overall all make it into winners of pro bracket, I fight the 11th seed, since I'm 6th seed.

If, however, 9th or 10th seed loses a set in open bracket, while 11th seed stays in winners, does the 11th seed become the new 9th or 10th seed in pro bracket?

MLG_Deimos

Esam already explained this last page, but I want to make sure I understand properly:

Assuming the 9th, 10th, and 11th seed overall all make it into winners of pro bracket, I fight the 11th seed, since I'm 6th seed.

If, however, 9th or 10th seed loses a set in open bracket, while 11th seed stays in winners, does the 11th seed become the new 9th or 10th seed in pro bracket?
I know your trying to figure out what seed you may play, but it's a tad more complicated than that. Read below for an in depth explanation on how the Open and Championship brackets will work. The way you described it is not necessarily true as you will find out while you read below:

When 8 Players remain in the Open Bracket (4 Winners Bracket Players & 4 Losers Bracket Players), the Open Bracket will end and each Player will qualify for the Championship Bracket.

Players without an Open Bracket Match loss will start in Championship Bracket Winners Bracket Round 1. Players who lose a Match in the Open Bracket will start in Championship Bracket Losers Bracket Round 1.

In the Championship Bracket, Players with Automatic Bracket Qualification will be seeded ahead of Players advancing from the Open Bracket. Players advancing from the Open Bracket without a Match loss will be seeded ahead of Players advancing from the Open Bracket with a Match loss. Championship Bracket Players seeded 1-4 will start in Winners Bracket Round 2. Championship Bracket Players seeded 5-8 will start in Winners Bracket Round 1.

Players will be seeded for the Open Bracket and Championship Bracket using the following criteria in this order: SSBB Pro Circuit Rank Points and SSBB Online Qualifier Rank Points. Ties will be broken using the next available criterion or randomly if necessary.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Deimos ,

for the all star classic, is it really going on the main stage? or the brawl feature stage?

Also, do all star participators get T SHIRTS!!!

and who will be reffing it?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Hey so I know that if you're a minor, some sort of form needs to be filled out, right? Where is that form?

And does that process change if you're a minor and try and purchase it at the door instead?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I kept hearing something about having to print out confirmation of your team on team builder for SSBB, as well as the consent form.

An explanation as to exactly what is required for us to print out would be very helpful, and I'd appreciate it.

MLG_Deimos

Deimos ,

for the all star classic, is it really going on the main stage? or the brawl feature stage?

Also, do all star participators get T SHIRTS!!!

and who will be reffing it?

I'll try to find out for you. But being a day before the event, you may not get an answer in time.

UPDATE: The SSBB All Star match will take place on the SSBB Feature Station.

Hey so I know that if you're a minor, some sort of form needs to be filled out, right? Where is that form?

And does that process change if you're a minor and try and purchase it at the door instead?
Yes, if you are a minor, you need the signed parental consent form. If you purchase at the door, you still need to have your parents/guardian sign the form.

http://media.mlgpro.com/site/forms/2010_Parental_Consent_Form.pdf

I kept hearing something about having to print out confirmation of your team on team builder for SSBB, as well as the consent form.

An explanation as to exactly what is required for us to print out would be very helpful, and I'd appreciate it.
When ever anybody has questions about Teambuilder, please include your MLG Username :)

You are all set. You don't need to print anything out. You'll just come to check-in on Friday, and give your MLG Username. You should have a photo ID with you just in case we ask for it.

Do continuation sets work as usual if players meet in amateur and play again in Pro bracket?
Players must meet twice within the same bracket in order for it to trigger an expanded series. If Players meet for the first time in the Championship Bracket, they play a Best of 5 Game Match, whether or not they played in the Open Bracket.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Spectator Pass Question

Will spectator passes be the same price at the door as they are online ($25)?

MLG_Deimos

so whats the deal with spectators? do they have to pay? will they be able to play casuals?
Spectators have to buy a spectator pass for 25$, and they can buy the passes at the door.

No, spectators are not permitted inside the ropes (thus not allowed to play on the stations).

However, there will be many different sponsor booths that have a variety of different consoles to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom