• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Dina, where specifically in the Poke Researcher forum dd you find those. Original posts or it doesn't count.

I don't think the traditional Metagross lead is the best in the metagame because it either can't hit Azelf and Gliscor because it's running Earthquake or it does minimal damage to Swampert because it's running Meteor Mash. ss118's full-on anti-lead build is the best one I've seen but it also doesn't set up rocks which is a problem. Ultimately it depends on the team though. I like Swampert best for a stall team because of his bulk.

Slower, Bulkier Lead = Slow but has good defensive stats (ex. Swampert, Metagross, Tyranitar)
Faster, more fragile Lead = Fast but has poor defense (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Infernape)
Suicide = Not integral to your team's general gameplan, only purpose is to do what you need it to do and then you can let it die (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Froslass)
Weather = Sets up a weather condition, usually because they have an ability that automatically sets up weather when they are sent out (ex. Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow) of they're just really fast (ex. Electrode).
Baton Pass = Baton Pass leads get up a couple boosts or positive effects and then use Baton Pass to send those boosts to another pokemon (ex. Smeargle, Ninjask).
Entry Hazard = Entry hazards are effects that damage your opponent when they switch in. The most common one is Stealth Rock, although Spikes and Toxic Spikes are also used on leads. Sandstorm and Hail can also be considered entry hazards since they damage many pokemon not of the appropriate type.
Stall = Stall is just generally a really defensive strategy. I'm not sure what DMG means by this exactly since most stall teams just use Bulky leads anyway.

Nah gurl u gotta use dat parafusion or flinchfusion or paraflinch. Or go with Rotom-S and get Paraflinchfusion.
this post lacks piplup >:Y

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Time for SPAAAAAM!!!
Hi guys, I'll need the support from ANYONE that can understand a little spanish.

It's easy:
just enter and register here (a forum of a maid cafe).
then, go here (a voting-poll thread)
and vote for AKARI....

I hope anyone can help out =(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
this post lacks piplup >:Y
Empoleon is actually a solid lead. He can set up rocks and also has Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet to 2HKO opposing leads. You even have a slot leftover after that to run whatever you want - Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Roar, whatever. I used Empoleon for a while on my team and although I ended up going with Swampert in the end, I really really liked him.

And yes, I nicknamed him King Dedede.

(a forum of a maid cafe)
wat

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Back when Swampert was easily the #1 or #2 used lead on Smogon, I would run Azelf with Grass Knot LOL. Would LoL so hard when I would get the easy 1HKO on them right off the bat. Could also catch Hippowdon leads for some nice damage. Obviously pretty gimmicky but it was just too easy to get an advantage like that for awhile against like 2/3rds of the people you play against.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol.
I don't know NOTHING about advanced pokemon metagame. I've always been a casual pokemon player.... and I'm pretty not interested on nothing else =P

And yes, it's a forum created most likely for that poll exclusively, but, it got used for many hitngs =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I carry flame thrower/grass knot on my azelf now.

Covers metagross/swampert leads; psychics useless on fellow azelf anyway (they're the two most used leads after azelf)
At least allows you to do damage with tyranitar leads/switch ins (even though you would generally taunt them to avoid obvious DD. Antileads like Dragonite you are best getting out stealth rock and dying anyway (or stealth rocking and switching out on the ES), Spore leads are taunted, Gyarados anti-leads can at least get taunted but not much dmg, kinda sucks against aerodactyl leads :(

POKEMON METAGAMES.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends. I would sometimes run 2 attacks (Thunder Bolt, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice.), along with Explosion, and either drop the rocks or drop taunt. Most leads that you would want to taunt, you can generally dent pretty well if you have the right combination of attacks. On the other hand, the leads that could set up on you without Taunt you can take care of by having taunt, and getting rocks in at a later (even if it's worse than getting up pronto) time. That and assuming you get a free kill on the lead like Thunderbolt on Gyarados or Grass Knot on Swampert, you could try to get Azelf outta there and save explosion or have him explode anyways on the next thing that comes out. That prospect is really nice compared to just saying "Oh look, I has taunt"

I used to run Aero as a lead. It was nice, found it fairly useful against Tyranitar, Heatran, Metagross without BP and even with BP you could trap it (You attack it first turn. It presumably attacks you, MM or BP. Then he'll probably use BP to finish with priority. Throw in Magnezone (either scarf or to absolutely guarantee he dies specs but pray you are faster) and **** him. Against an Aero that attacked you straight up, what are the odds you would risk a move like Earthquake anticipating the switch? For all you know the other person might throw in something solid like a Rotom, where your EQ is still useless despite knowing they wanted to try and tank the BP/whatever), Azelf, weird stuff like Zapdos leads or Gyarados/Dragonite/Yanma. Scarf sleepers were still annoying, Forretress was annoying but you could get away with trapping it like Metagross, stuff like Hippowdon was meh but at least you could taunt it, Skarmory same you could trap it, Jirachi was a pain but if they weren't careful and didn't pick Uturn or Fire punch Magnezone ***** them, etc. Even though he is basically a suicide lead, I found him just good in general as a lead. He struggled against really good prediction, and pokemon like Swampert who gon **** you, but at least you could blame them for killing the dinosaurs when they KO'd you.

gangstakrby

Smash Rookie
the mk social used to be cool and stuff but then some one brought out they poggymangs and it got all gay and lame and stuff cuz all yall cant decide what pokemon setup is the very best like no one ever was, but the true real test of pokemon games is catching them and thus making training your cause, they'd teach you and you'd teach them... also the tagline for pokemon being gotta catch em all is kinda gay and asking alot because its impossible to catch them all if the number just keeps on expanding and the new pokemangs always make the older ones inviable, plus theres gotta a bunch of pokemon that are probably domesticated to the point where catching an actual wild one is impossible, like a milktank or what us normal people call cows arent seen in the wild alot of the time and even if you did its far more rewarding to kill and eat it rather than capture it and try to teach it to shoot lasers out its eyes or fight other cows/wildlife, or like protected illegal to catch pokemon, you'd havta be like a zookeeper to even begin to imagine to train one, plus they are wild animals, what if your electric house rats one day decided to attack you? i mean seems pretty dangerous if its strong enough to blow up giant robots and stuff with lightning. pokemon have to be pretty strong if they takin hits like that strong and barely getting scathed, also if pokemon were real id own a meowth and make it spam payday 24/7

Player-4

See you in 25 years
The Mk social used to be cool and stuff but then GK made 400 accounts and it then it got all gay and lame and stuff cuz he hasn't be IP banned yet.

gangstakrby

Smash Rookie
player 4 used to be cool and stuff but then he got butthurt for no real legitimate reason and then it got all gay and lame and stuff cuz he mad.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Depends. I would sometimes run 2 attacks (Thunder Bolt, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice.), along with Explosion, and either drop the rocks or drop taunt. Most leads that you would want to taunt, you can generally dent pretty well if you have the right combination of attacks. On the other hand, the leads that could set up on you without Taunt you can take care of by having taunt, and getting rocks in at a later (even if it's worse than getting up pronto) time. That and assuming you get a free kill on the lead like Thunderbolt on Gyarados or Grass Knot on Swampert, you could try to get Azelf outta there and save explosion or have him explode anyways on the next thing that comes out. That prospect is really nice compared to just saying "Oh look, I has taunt"
To me not having Taunt leaves you with vulnerabilities to Roserade that I'd rather not have. This is still a solid concept though.

I used to run Aero as a lead. It was nice, found it fairly useful against Tyranitar, Heatran, Metagross without BP and even with BP you could trap it (You attack it first turn. It presumably attacks you, MM or BP. Then he'll probably use BP to finish with priority. Throw in Magnezone (either scarf or to absolutely guarantee he dies specs but pray you are faster) and **** him. Against an Aero that attacked you straight up, what are the odds you would risk a move like Earthquake anticipating the switch? For all you know the other person might throw in something solid like a Rotom, where your EQ is still useless despite knowing they wanted to try and tank the BP/whatever), Azelf, weird stuff like Zapdos leads or Gyarados/Dragonite/Yanma. Scarf sleepers were still annoying, Forretress was annoying but you could get away with trapping it like Metagross, stuff like Hippowdon was meh but at least you could taunt it, Skarmory same you could trap it, Jirachi was a pain but if they weren't careful and didn't pick Uturn or Fire punch Magnezone ***** them, etc. Even though he is basically a suicide lead, I found him just good in general as a lead. He struggled against really good prediction, and pokemon like Swampert who gon **** you, but at least you could blame them for killing the dinosaurs when they KO'd you.
At first I thought you meant Baton Pass instead of Bullet Punch. There's too many similar acronyms in pokemon lol.

I assume you mean lead Yanmega because Lead Yanma seems really terrible, even in LC.

the mk social used to be cool and stuff but then some one brought out they poggymangs and it got all gay and lame and stuff cuz all yall cant decide what pokemon setup is the very best like no one ever was, but the true real test of pokemon games is catching them and thus making training your cause, they'd teach you and you'd teach them... also the tagline for pokemon being gotta catch em all is kinda gay and asking alot because its impossible to catch them all if the number just keeps on expanding and the new pokemangs always make the older ones inviable, plus theres gotta a bunch of pokemon that are probably domesticated to the point where catching an actual wild one is impossible, like a milktank or what us normal people call cows arent seen in the wild alot of the time and even if you did its far more rewarding to kill and eat it rather than capture it and try to teach it to shoot lasers out its eyes or fight other cows/wildlife, or like protected illegal to catch pokemon, you'd havta be like a zookeeper to even begin to imagine to train one, plus they are wild animals, what if your electric house rats one day decided to attack you? i mean seems pretty dangerous if its strong enough to blow up giant robots and stuff with lightning. pokemon have to be pretty strong if they takin hits like that strong and barely getting scathed, also if pokemon were real id own a meowth and make it spam payday 24/7

gee-kay 95

Smash Rookie
oh, reallaah?

if i was *** id get mad and click the report button, but fortunately for everyone im not gay

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ok now im going to agree with gangstakirby... the pokemon discussions are starting to get lame and old. Christ, and people are just vommiting up information that has been known since the dawn of time.

This thread is now about Earthbound children gang ****** Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdG313rK_Bo

discuss.

Massive_DI_see_kay

Smash Rookie

Gates

Banned via Warnings
sno is always mad about something... must be that typical tsundere flat chested girl attitude \O_o/
Using the word "tsundere" in a sentence, minus infinity respect points.

But seriously, how are you not IP banned by now? I'm not even mad I'm just amazed. I mean you've been at this for like 3 weeks now. Are you using proxies or something?

M@v

Subarashii!
someone ****ing IP ban this guy already.(shut the fox up and the 100 other accounts he made across the boards)

brosiedon

Smash Rookie
iunno \O_o/

and no im not, but if/when it comes to that point i will.

its probably partly due to having dynamic ip addy, so an ip ban if it did happen would only truely last like 3 days and its not hard to change ip addresses in the first place

Edit:

@m@v: youmad?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
maybe ^ is what's making this thread old...

sno is always mad about something... must be that typical tsundere flat chested girl attitude \O_o/
naw ***** im always mad because i cant find a single god **** guy who works for me in this **** city. I had to end things with htm; it wasn't easy to do nor did i want to do it but thats how the dice rolls. He still has my ff9 game, i feel so bad about it i might just let him keep it and ill just buy a new one off ebay.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

^ My mom said this reminds her of me when im pissed for real. Rofl

Turazrok

Smash Master
maybe ^ is what's making this thread old...

naw ***** im always mad because i cant find a single god **** guy who works for me in this **** city. I had to end things with htm; it wasn't easy to do nor did i want to do it but thats how the dice rolls. He still has my ff9 game, i feel so bad about it i might just let him keep it and ill just buy a new one off ebay.
Gkirbz is what makes this thread great. I read it errydai with popcorn.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys.

And they're supposedly releasing FFIX on PSN soon, so you could just get dat PSTriple and be ballin.

Top Bottom