• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Under 1400 is pushing it IMO.
actually speaking of 1400 mine was 1400 in the very short time that i played in the handicap metagame filled with predictable scrubs who copy pasta ****, i quit because i got sick of people rage quitting and ending the match calling me or my team "gay" or flaming me because they fail.

Good times good times.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am not active anymore with pokemon. My highest rating was around 1689, this was back then when the top 50/100 was basically like 1800+ down to the lower 1600's , Conservative got right around 1600 like 1610 or something. I got to play some of the highest ranked people on the ladder like imperfectluck, Kevin, Phillip a few times I think. Didn't get to play that many World Cup people though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I am not active anymore with pokemon. My highest rating was around 1689, this was back then when the top 50/100 was basically like 1800+ down to the lower 1600's , Conservative got right around 1600 like 1610 or something. I got to play some of the highest ranked people on the ladder like imperfectluck, Kevin, Phillip a few times I think. Didn't get to play that many World Cup people though.
curious... was this before or after they banned garchomp

then again... they said latias was uber then too.... so ****ing dumb smogon...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Garchomp was banned and Lat was legal when I got that rating. When he was banned but Lat was still banned, I was around 1500ish. Mostly due to ****ing around with gimmick teams like Choice Band Azelf lead (although that one I personally think can be pretty obnoxious), Baton Pass teams, Weather, etc.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
oh cool.

btw......

I did NOT edit this lmfao! XD

pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, GHEY MK, Jigglypuff!

LULZ

Gates

Banned via Warnings
now you know how I feel. *Looks at you.*
Oh wow, I totally didn't expect you to say that. I am so shocked.

My CRE is actually in the 1300s now. If I played more it would probably be there consistently. The team I have is really great, I just haven't found a lead I like yet so I've been trying out random crap like Nidoqueen.

I get what you're saying in that I used to be a scrub, but I'm not anymore. Honestly, if you want a textbook example of a cocky scrub, look at mood4food. That dip**** is trying to argue that Breloom can absorb status moves when switching in on Blissey. How are you going to absorb TWave, Flamethrower, or Ice Beam? **** makes no sense.

actually speaking of 1400 mine was 1400 in the very short time that i played in the handicap metagame filled with predictable scrubs who copy pasta ****, i quit because i got sick of people rage quitting and ending the match calling me or my team "gay" or flaming me because they fail.

Good times good times.
When was this exactly? 07-08 era?

Garchomp was banned and Lat was legal when I got that rating. When he was banned but Lat was still banned, I was around 1500ish. Mostly due to ****ing around with gimmick teams like Choice Band Azelf lead (although that one I personally think can be pretty obnoxious), Baton Pass teams, Weather, etc.
CB Elf could be decent, there's just much better options for it. Pass teams suck, no matter how well constructed they are. Weather teams are marginally better than pass but are still suboptimal.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CB Azelf lead was actually pretty decent overall. Don't like their lead? Explode on it with a pumped up Explosion (Attack EV's instead of Special attack EV's, and the band boost obviously). Or have a beefy Uturn ready. Honestly I find it pretty ok as a lead. You do have to worry about Scarf leads that can kill you, but overall it's fun. Uturn, keep it dormant for a bit, throw it out on something that expects Special attacks, **** it.

You can even try trick on it for Lulz. Go against another Azelf Lead. Trick it onto them as they probably SR, Uturn them to get switch advantage.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
some stuff "pokemon researchers" come up with:

Slowbro@Leftovers
Sassy/Own Tempo
252Hp/252Def/4Atk
-Belly Drum
-Zen Headbutt
-Slack Off
-Trick Room

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Poison Heal
44Hp/252Atk/212Spe
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

u *****s make smogon look cutting edge. I say nuke the forum and start over from scratch

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, you used it as a lead? That's pretty tight. I thought you just meant it as an attacker.

Choice Azelf and Metagross are underrated as leads imo. There's a turnoff because of having to "waste" a turn tricking something onto your opponent, but it's still good since you can really limit them.

lol Dina where did you see that ****? If it's in the Rate My Moveset thread you should not take it seriously. I've seen people post sets in that thread while drunk.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I kinda want to be a pokemon researcher nao. I sent a request to join.

To debate the merits of whether or not Metagross is the best lead in the game (IDK about him being the absolute best, Lead Machamp is scary and Azelf is still an A-Hole, not to mention you gotta pick an item for him to start with and lose out on stuff. Lum Berry has problems with Heatran and others, Occa Berry has trouble with Sleepers)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Metagross is overall the best lead in the game. I've ALWAYS done good with him and never regret using him, plus I always miss him when I use other stuff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDK Machamp and Azelf give him stiff competition. He's good, but overall best IDK.

Lead is your first pokemon you send out. It's an important choice to make on who you want to go up first. Slower, Bulkier Lead? Faster, more fragile Lead? Suicide/Weather? Baton Pass/Entry Hazard/Stall?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
IDK Machamp and Azelf give him stiff competition. He's good, but overall best IDK.

Lead is your first pokemon you send out. It's an important choice to make on who you want to go up first. Slower, Bulkier Lead? Faster, more fragile Lead? Suicide/Weather? Baton Pass/Entry Hazard/Stall?
I have no idea what the yellow part means but I generally understand now :D

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
私はそれがすべての良い赤ちゃんをしない知っている恐ろしいアニメ悪い冗談と結合しないでください

all hail grolious Nippon.
Translation="I Do not terrible animation combined with a bad joke I know it is not all good baby."

Now i'm even more confused:confused:

M.F.G.K.

Smash Rookie
^

inb4banned6points :(
inaftershemadthen.

I'm getting really tired of scrubs talking about pokemon like they're good. I think anyone with a CRE of less than 1100 on Shoddy or who hasn't won stuff irl shouldn't act like hot **** when it comes to the pokemans.
dude if you dont have a CRE of at least 9001 you aint ****
now you know how I feel. *Looks at you.*

Man that was too easy, trolling sucks. :(
no one cares though because pokemon sucks.

Lol 1100? No one should be talking with records under 1300. >_>
no one who plays pokemon should be talking

Under 1400 is pushing it IMO.
pushing becoming a scrub maybe

Good times good times.
its prolly only cuz of ubers and pokemon being full of scrubs that cant get over how good they are, these people are also the ones that ***** about metaknight in brawl, but as you can see far less douchebags play brawl then pokemon
Dina johns = stupid k
kaffei = gay k.

yeah but its really not important cuz pokemon is gay and easy to be good at.

curious... was this before or after they banned garchomp

then again... they said latias was uber then too.... so ****ing dumb smogon...
scrubs who baw about broken stuff shouldnt be allowed to play video games
gimmicks dont work.

thats why they are gimmicks.

Oh wow, I totally didn't expect you to say that. I am so shocked.

My CRE is actually in the 1300s now. If I played more it would probably be there consistently. The team I have is really great, I just haven't found a lead I like yet so I've been trying out random crap like Nidoqueen.

I get what you're saying in that I used to be a scrub, but I'm not anymore. Honestly, if you want a textbook example of a cocky scrub, look at mood4food. That dip**** is trying to argue that Breloom can absorb status moves when switching in on Blissey. How are you going to absorb TWave, Flamethrower, or Ice Beam? **** makes no sense.

When was this exactly? 07-08 era?

CB Elf could be decent, there's just much better options for it. Pass teams suck, no matter how well constructed they are. Weather teams are marginally better than pass but are still suboptimal.
dude breloom can infact absorb status moves when switching in on blissey.... itll just do full damage and give him a status ailment

CB Azelf lead was actually pretty decent overall. Don't like their lead? Explode on it with a pumped up Explosion (Attack EV's instead of Special attack EV's, and the band boost obviously). Or have a beefy Uturn ready. Honestly I find it pretty ok as a lead. You do have to worry about Scarf leads that can kill you, but overall it's fun. Uturn, keep it dormant for a bit, throw it out on something that expects Special attacks, **** it.

You can even try trick on it for Lulz. Go against another Azelf Lead. Trick it onto them as they probably SR, Uturn them to get switch advantage.
the other day i was going home and had to use Uturn because i missed my turn

some stuff "pokemon researchers" come up with:

Slowbro@Leftovers
Sassy/Own Tempo
252Hp/252Def/4Atk
-Belly Drum
-Zen Headbutt
-Slack Off
-Trick Room

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Poison Heal
44Hp/252Atk/212Spe
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

u *****s make smogon look cutting edge. I say nuke the forum and start over from scratch
those both look kind of gay and useless to me

*digs out eyes with rusty spoon*
masochism wont help the gay... itll prolly make it worse actually

Oh, you used it as a lead? That's pretty tight. I thought you just meant it as an attacker.

Choice Azelf and Metagross are underrated as leads imo. There's a turnoff because of having to "waste" a turn tricking something onto your opponent, but it's still good since you can really limit them.

lol Dina where did you see that ****? If it's in the Rate My Moveset thread you should not take it seriously. I've seen people post sets in that thread while drunk.
the best lead is: fox metaknight. no items. final destination smashville.

also, those movesets are garbage. just like pokemon game cartridges.

Confusion beats all
mindgames > confusion

which is why i spam it in pokemon
only scrubs spam a move that doesnt really need spamming once its been used, cuz other attacks dont waste its pp and stuff

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dina, where specifically in the Poke Researcher forum dd you find those. Original posts or it doesn't count.

To debate the merits of whether or not Metagross is the best lead in the game (IDK about him being the absolute best, Lead Machamp is scary and Azelf is still an A-Hole, not to mention you gotta pick an item for him to start with and lose out on stuff. Lum Berry has problems with Heatran and others, Occa Berry has trouble with Sleepers)
I don't think the traditional Metagross lead is the best in the metagame because it either can't hit Azelf and Gliscor because it's running Earthquake or it does minimal damage to Swampert because it's running Meteor Mash. ss118's full-on anti-lead build is the best one I've seen but it also doesn't set up rocks which is a problem. Ultimately it depends on the team though. I like Swampert best for a stall team because of his bulk.

I have no idea what the yellow part means but I generally understand now :D
Slower, Bulkier Lead = Slow but has good defensive stats (ex. Swampert, Metagross, Tyranitar)
Faster, more fragile Lead = Fast but has poor defense (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Infernape)
Suicide = Not integral to your team's general gameplan, only purpose is to do what you need it to do and then you can let it die (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Froslass)
Weather = Sets up a weather condition, usually because they have an ability that automatically sets up weather when they are sent out (ex. Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow) of they're just really fast (ex. Electrode).
Baton Pass = Baton Pass leads get up a couple boosts or positive effects and then use Baton Pass to send those boosts to another pokemon (ex. Smeargle, Ninjask).
Entry Hazard = Entry hazards are effects that damage your opponent when they switch in. The most common one is Stealth Rock, although Spikes and Toxic Spikes are also used on leads. Sandstorm and Hail can also be considered entry hazards since they damage many pokemon not of the appropriate type.
Stall = Stall is just generally a really defensive strategy. I'm not sure what DMG means by this exactly since most stall teams just use Bulky leads anyway.

which is why i spam it in pokemon
Nah gurl u gotta use dat parafusion or flinchfusion or paraflinch. Or go with Rotom-S and get Paraflinchfusion.

ThatF4ggotGkirbzAgain

Smash Rookie
please die
please ride my meat more first I'd really appreciate it as my dying wish

what is this i don't even...

This^
See previous quote response.

Dina, where specifically in the Poke Researcher forum dd you find those. Original posts or it doesn't count.

I don't think the traditional Metagross lead is the best in the metagame because it either can't hit Azelf and Gliscor because it's running Earthquake or it does minimal damage to Swampert because it's running Meteor Mash. ss118's full-on anti-lead build is the best one I've seen but it also doesn't set up rocks which is a problem. Ultimately it depends on the team though. I like Swampert best for a stall team because of his bulk.

Slower, Bulkier Lead = Slow but has good defensive stats (ex. Swampert, Metagross, Tyranitar)
Faster, more fragile Lead = Fast but has poor defense (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Infernape)
Suicide = Not integral to your team's general gameplan, only purpose is to do what you need it to do and then you can let it die (ex. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Froslass)
Weather = Sets up a weather condition, usually because they have an ability that automatically sets up weather when they are sent out (ex. Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow) of they're just really fast (ex. Electrode).
Baton Pass = Baton Pass leads get up a couple boosts or positive effects and then use Baton Pass to send those boosts to another pokemon (ex. Smeargle, Ninjask).
Entry Hazard = Entry hazards are effects that damage your opponent when they switch in. The most common one is Stealth Rock, although Spikes and Toxic Spikes are also used on leads. Sandstorm and Hail can also be considered entry hazards since they damage many pokemon not of the appropriate type.
Stall = Stall is just generally a really defensive strategy. I'm not sure what DMG means by this exactly since most stall teams just use Bulky leads anyway.

Nah gurl u gotta use dat parafusion or flinchfusion or paraflinch. Or go with Rotom-S and get Paraflinchfusion.
Stalling team is the best team, 5 of that one metal pokemon that has wtf defense/health all with high potency healing attacks/items/berrys/etc. and one extremely strong anti-electricity or w/e metal pokemons are weak against, then let them use up all their pp and die by using the no pp move over and over

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What I meant by stall is generally a bulky lead, but one that works for Stall. Tyranitar/Metagross is pretty bulky, but overall not that useful for stall. Just as many pokemon have access to weather moves, but probably aren't good weather leads.

Stalling team is the best team, 5 of that one metal pokemon that has wtf defense/health all with high potency healing attacks/items/berrys/etc. and one extremely strong anti-electricity or w/e metal pokemons are weak against, then let them use up all their pp and die by using the no pp move over and over
You BEST BE TROLLIN

CAUSE YOU IS

ThatF4ggotGkirbzAgain

Smash Rookie
itt gkirbz knows nothing about pokemans lol
itt gates wishes his pokeman team was as good as my pokeman team

METAL TEAM ALL DAY SON

What I meant by stall is generally a bulky lead, but one that works for Stall. Tyranitar/Metagross is pretty bulky, but overall not that useful for stall. Just as many pokemon have access to weather moves, but probably aren't good weather leads.

You BEST BE TROLLIN

CAUSE YOU IS
youmad?

yeah, you is.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Gates look at the link I supplied. Then look for the pokemon name topic. Like it will say "Zapdos"/ "Blissey" ect. If you still cant find ill link them directly. im just lazy and in a hurry atm.. finals

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wow, no wonder I didn't see it before, I only had it set to show topics in the past 100 days.

For starters, those posts are prehistoric. Nobody who knows **** about pokemon would post those sets today.

The Breloom is most surprising to me because Pink Reaper is generally someone whose opinions I respect. His Breloom set is still *** though and there's no excuse for that.

Slowbro doesn't really surprise me. Chibo is a good guy but a lot of times I question how much he knows about pokemon.

Rumikun posted that set like two years ago. On top of that, I honestly had never heard of him until he made the lead topic.

tl;dr - How someone was two years ago doesn't reflect how they are now. Overswarm was good at Brawl two years ago, now he's a joke.

@ gkirb - MM on shoddy?

ThatF4ggotGkirbzAgain

Smash Rookie
Gates look at the link I supplied. Then look for the pokemon name topic. Like it will say "Zapdos"/ "Blissey" ect. If you still cant find ill link them directly. im just lazy and in a hurry atm.. finals
no its just the play-offs right now

Wow, no wonder I didn't see it before, I only had it set to show topics in the past 100 days.

For starters, those posts are prehistoric. Nobody who knows **** about pokemon would post those sets today.

The Breloom is most surprising to me because Pink Reaper is generally someone whose opinions I respect. His Breloom set is still *** though and there's no excuse for that.

Slowbro doesn't really surprise me. Chibo is a good guy but a lot of times I question how much he knows about pokemon.

Rumikun posted that set like two years ago. On top of that, I honestly had never heard of him until he made the lead topic.

tl;dr - How someone was two years ago doesn't reflect how they are now. Overswarm was good at Brawl two years ago, now he's a joke.

@ gkirb - MM on shoddy?
it seems its just like yugioh cards where they design all the new ones to make most if not all the old ones. which is gay.

dude im down, taking scrubs money is what i do son.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
zapdos had heatwave some cant be that prehistoric and it said "there are no other options" lol!!!

Top Bottom