• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Scizor kinda. Like Scizor can still really dent him with a CB Bullet Punch. Everyone else on that list yes. Metagross would resist the most, but that would be if you had an unboosted Earthquake or guessed wrong and used Dragon Claw/other move that isn't effective on it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I might start playing again after I get Soul Silver, but I probably won't play long because almost nothing will change lol. Nothing game breaking at least. I think the only half way decent thing to come out of it is ES Dragonite but it's still not that good. He has much better options.

What I want to see is the next generation in a year or so and see what comes about and who gets what new moves and so on. I'm just waiting for gamefreak to get even more ********, and give Scizor a priority bug move and give him mach punch lol.

Scizor kinda. Like Scizor can still really dent him with a CB Bullet Punch. Everyone else on that list yes. Metagross would resist the most, but that would be if you had an unboosted Earthquake or guessed wrong and used Draco Claw/other move that isn't effective on it.
Right, he won't counter Scizor but head on head he would beat Scizor. Also right with Metagross, but to send CB or life orb Chomp in and EQ him he would be toast.

But personally Zapdos is my favorite against them and takes care of both of them (ice punch Meta is a different story though).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
stealth rock needs to be nerfed. 50% off of fire/flying, ice/flying, bug/flying is really ridiculous. Articuno, Moltres and Charizard are great pokemon but they aren't viable because of the prevalance of this move.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Just get a spinner (all of them suck a big **** though). I would probably run Moltres if it wasn't for SR. Though I agree I needs to be nerfed or at least take longer to set up because 1 turn to deal up to 50% is ********. Plus SR hits EVERYTHING (minus Clefable). At least with Spikes and TS you could avoid it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Just get a spinner (all of them suck a big **** though)

this. Rapid spin is a garb move, they need to buff the base power on it.

also wtf sum random guy aims me this

sweetnate42
: Hey
SniperNightOwl
: ?
sweetnate42
: im from omegle told me to add you :-D
SniperNightOwl
: what
: omegle?

i blocked him

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Idk if they really need to boost it, they just need to give it to better Pokes.

Lol it's not like they couldn't because it wouldn't be "fitting". I mean they gave everyone and their grandma outrage when Platinum came out.

Lol outraging Ampharos ftw

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
miltank would be a good spinner. Buff the power to 75 or something + stab. That's what I would do. But wtf is up with that ***** randomly aim'ing me it was creepy :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There really needs to be a move like Stealth Rock that clears the field but also does a decent amount of damage (60-75 is more than enough). Or at the very least they could make a move identical to Rapid Spin that hits ghost types to prevent stupid blocking.

More interesting would be a move that swapped entry hazards of you and your opponent.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
im not a son.

ADV was garbage but I won two big tournies from that era. I didn't even use my gayest team either lmao. My team was Heracross, Metagross, Milotic, Salamence, Latias (it was legal without soul dew, and i had a super unorthodox ev spread on it) and I don't remember the other one i never had to use it. Grand finals was ****ing hilarious. I lead with Heracross and the dude led with Slaking, i was so unorthodox i put protect on my Heracross so he got the **** pretty quickly( I had swords dance, hp rock and megahorn with jolly nature he got swept). He was MAAAAAAD! XD btw Heracross was banned in ADV in Japan did u know that? He's that good!

I'm even more **** at D/P/Pt, which is why i dont go to tournies im too old to be ****** people now. >.>

most people on shoddy are garbage, but even if i wanted to play i cant they didnt implement air mail so my walls get gayed by trick =/
I call everyone son around here son.

ADV >>>>> D/P. At the end of the metagame, we started to spice things up alot, like defensive eggy and Roaring DDers. I ****ing loved Forry. I made at least 7 different set with just forretress.

No one starts with slaking, what a nub. No one uses Latias, even if she wasn't banned, what a nub. Cele*** for life. =P

I stopped playing when D/P/Pt came around, it just wasnt fun anymore. I'd rather play Metro or CC. Those are epic battles.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I made a team with Shuckle in it today.

lolololol (Shuckle) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/208 Def/48 SAtk
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
---
Skank Ho (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP/252 Def/12 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
---
War Machine (Forretress) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/20 Atk/120 Def/116 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
---
Blow Me (Rotom-s) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Confuse Ray
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
---
Alby (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/112 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
---
Iron Man (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
---

lolololololololololol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's no point putting those EV's on Shuckle in SA. That is a complete waste sir.

You might want Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Heatran, but both moves have their merits.

Your team would have some trouble stopping Sub Machamp. Free switch into Blissey, Free sub regardless of what you do, Free Dynamicpunch/Payback/Icepunch(Stone Edge/other good move could be used over Ice Punch too). Actually that along with a Scarf Heracross, Mix Azelf, and an opposing Heatran/pokemon that is fine against Fire, throw along a Crocune (Surf, Ice Beam, Rest, Calm Mind. You have nothing that can really set up on it, if you set up on it with Blissey then you can just throw in Machamp and BAM there goes any shot at setting up. With Blissey out of the picture, you can call it good game.), and maybe CB Snorlax/Metagross/Scizor.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
no metaknight in there, this team cant win at all
best rate ever.

Gates why u have a timid Flygon when you have earthquake. You can give it earth power. Also you can make it jolly and keep earthquake but have fire punch instead of flamethrower

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was about to point out that Latias is one of the more common OU pokemon lol. Certainly more so than Celebi.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
also wtf sum random guy aims me this

sweetnate42
: Hey
SniperNightOwl
: ?
sweetnate42
: im from omegle told me to add you :-D
SniperNightOwl
: what
: omegle?

i blocked him
Wasn't DMG posting omegle logs earlier? Maybe it's linked in some way? :p

Anyways, I'd contribute to the current discussion, but my knowledge on Pokemon is minimal :p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There's no point putting those EV's on Shuckle in SA. That is a complete waste sir.
****, it was supposed to be in Special Defense lol. I made this team at like 2 am last night.

You might want Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Heatran, but both moves have their merits.
I prefer accuracy over pure power. Besides, if he gets a Flash Fire, Flamethrower can do about the same as a non-boosted Fire Blast anyway. The way the metagame is filled with Heatrans, I end up using Earth Power against Scizor most of the time anyway.

Your team would have some trouble stopping Sub Machamp. Free switch into Blissey, Free sub regardless of what you do, Free Dynamicpunch/Payback/Icepunch(Stone Edge/other good move could be used over Ice Punch too). Actually that along with a Scarf Heracross, Mix Azelf, and an opposing Heatran/pokemon that is fine against Fire, throw along a Crocune (Surf, Ice Beam, Rest, Calm Mind. You have nothing that can really set up on it, if you set up on it with Blissey then you can just throw in Machamp and BAM there goes any shot at setting up. With Blissey out of the picture, you can call it good game.), and maybe CB Snorlax/Metagross/Scizor.
SubChamp is a problem but if I can set up on it with Rotom's ParaFusion or FlinchFusion before he gets a sub up it can do a lot. Other than that and Flygon against the non-Ice Punch builds or breaking the sub somehow and Exploding on it, you're right, I don't have much of a solution to it. Without it though, each of the other things you mentioned (Heracross, Azelf, Heatran, Crocune) I can deal with fine. Heracross can be killed by Flygon, Heatran (which outspeeds even Scarf builds), Rotom, or an Explosion. Azelf can be dealt with using Rotom, Forretress, Heatran, or even Blissey if I can predict when the Explosion will be and prepare for it. Heatran can be killed by Blissey (unless it's physical or they predict it with Explosion), Flygon, and my own Heatran. Crocune s a problem and 90% of the time I do end up having to use Blissey to deal with it. This does give me a vulnerability to Machamp/Infernape/etc. but aside from the sub builds (and even those Blissey can BoltBeam the subs to get rid of them and stall until they have to use Dynamicpunch) you can just predict the fighting attack and switch to Rotom to nullify it and put them up against Confusion, Flinching, and a flying attack later on. And anyway, I can always explode Heatran or Forretress to at least put a huge dent in them (If it's gotten hit by enough entry hazards it'll kill them) and force them to Rest, effectively eliminating it for 2+ turns. Metagross and Scizor are threats but can be dealt with. And lol, nobody uses Snorlax (but if they did I'd just use Flygon against it).

Gates why u have a timid Flygon when you have earthquake. You can give it earth power. Also you can make it jolly and keep earthquake but have fire punch instead of flamethrower
I've done the calculations and I'm confident that Timid+EQ+Flamethrower is the right decision. Even with a +attack nature, Fire Punch just doesn't do as much damage as Flamethrower, and even with a -attack nature, Earth Power doesn't do as much as Earthquake. Flamethrower damage is also more important than EQ since it hits more of the threats to my team as a whole, so giving it the advantage is the most sound.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The problem with that Gates is that you are assuming that your pokemon will handle the threats head on, when a lot of times you might need to switch out. If you are forced to switch a lot, say Blissey is out and I throw out Machamp/Heracross, I get two free hits basically if you switch. If you don't, I kill Blissey for free which almost never is a good thing. Basically this team isn't sturdy enough to take on batterings if you are forced to switch.

For example, Blissey. You use Calm mind/non boosted attack, I switch in Machamp. I move first, I get to Sub. Blissey even after a single/possibly 2 CM doesn't have the strength to bust it open. If you go with an attack, you die next turn basically. You switch to Rotom, I get a free Payback and it will make a very bad dent into it while you break the sub. You switch to something else, I can probably 1 or 2hko it.

With Rotom gone, anything fast and strong with Fighting moves can call it good game on that team. Just saying.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This team isn't meant to be taken seriously btw. It has Shuckle in it ffs.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought about using Unown but I needed Hidden Power support.

If this were Ubers I'd use Wobbuffet.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
dmg r u responsible for these 2 omegle people aim'ing if u r **** u dude :mad: lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wait what? I go on Omegle but I don't spread people's AIM's. Actually I don't think I have you added yet. Let me check.

What makes you think it's me who is telling people?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude it's fun cause half the time people don't know when I am trolling and when I am not. Which means I can get away with anything.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
from encyclopediadramatica or whatnot:

Tourney*** Jargon

Azndash: Azndash is based after a person who failed horribly and "wavedashed" off a stage.

BK: Bk is a phrase used by fat tourney***s which means "bad kid".

Bowsercide/Koopa Kamikaze: In Brawl, Bowser has a special move that allows him to grab a foe, jump up, and squash them with his fat body. If he jumps up while over an edge, both characters will plummet into the pit. Other variants include DKcide, Kirbicide, and Regecide (Ganon and King Dedede).

Edgehog: The act of waiting for your opponent to get close to the edge after you send them flying, at which point you jump off and grab said edge just before they do, thus causing the foe to helplessly plummet to their doom, since only one person can hang from the ledge at a time. Unlike other tourney*** techniques, performing this requires minimal skill.

Jiggs: ***gy way of saying Jigglypuff.

Knee: Since all tourney***s are gay for Captain Falcon, one of his moves, the "knee", is constantly hailed as awesome by the tourney***s solely because they have fantasies of Captain Falcon ****** their ******* with his knee. <--- LOL

L-Canceling/Washdashing/Dash Dancing etc: Glitchy ******ry that Melee ***s believe is skill. <--- hahahahaha

Mindgames: Since tourney***s thnk thy r soh smrt, they've created a "Mindgames" class of play in which you do some fancy move to distract your opponent. <-- LMAO

Scrub: People who don't follow tourney*** rules.

Shining: A tourney***'s greatest dream. Fox has to get you in a corner, and press down-B many times. Final Destination remains the only available and unbanned stage because of this.

Shorthop/Fast-Fall Lag Cancel: Since Smash Bros. is a "Serious Fighting Game" and the characters need to be really, really fast, Tourney***s decided to remove jumping via this method.

Stafy, why are you here?: A forced meme started by the SmashBoards based on a podcast, which, after much circle jerking, the Smashtards pointed out Stafy's general uselessness and Sakurai's Hate for anything remotely similar to his ideas. Despite this being true, it was never funny. Never. Still repeated by SmashBoards visitors as if it were awesome.

Tipper: Hitting opponents with the tip of a weapon.

Tier List: A ranking of characters divided into categories by perceived strength at the highest level of play, assuming that both players are equally skilled, with the usual rules of no items and Final Destination.

Tires don exits: A meme made by the tourney***s. Misspelled "Tiers Don't Exist", Tourney***s have adopted it as "hilarious" because to them, only idiots would criticize Melee. They've also made a t-shirt.

Wait what? I go on Omegle but I don't spread people's AIM's. Actually I don't think I have you added yet. Let me check.

What makes you think it's me who is telling people?
im messin but it was weird, like 2 random people aim'd me wtf is the point of the site make u talk to random people who dont even want to talk to u i dont get it ><;

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You forgot Sandbagging.

DMG is just like my friend, every time he's serious I never know.
Sandbagging- Something I do online frequently because

1. connection is bad

2. player is bad

3. player is super good and i do it to troll him to see if i can actually pull a win off (I've done it before lmao)

Turazrok

Smash Master
from encyclopediadramatica or whatnot:

Tourney*** Jargon

Azndash: Azndash is based after a person who failed horribly and "wavedashed" off a stage.

BK: Bk is a phrase used by fat tourney***s which means "bad kid".

Bowsercide/Koopa Kamikaze: In Brawl, Bowser has a special move that allows him to grab a foe, jump up, and squash them with his fat body. If he jumps up while over an edge, both characters will plummet into the pit. Other variants include DKcide, Kirbicide, and Regecide (Ganon and King Dedede).

Edgehog: The act of waiting for your opponent to get close to the edge after you send them flying, at which point you jump off and grab said edge just before they do, thus causing the foe to helplessly plummet to their doom, since only one person can hang from the ledge at a time. Unlike other tourney*** techniques, performing this requires minimal skill.

Jiggs: ***gy way of saying Jigglypuff.

Knee: Since all tourney***s are gay for Captain Falcon, one of his moves, the "knee", is constantly hailed as awesome by the tourney***s solely because they have fantasies of Captain Falcon ****** their ******* with his knee. <--- LOL

L-Canceling/Washdashing/Dash Dancing etc: Glitchy ******ry that Melee ***s believe is skill. <--- hahahahaha

Mindgames: Since tourney***s thnk thy r soh smrt, they've created a "Mindgames" class of play in which you do some fancy move to distract your opponent. <-- LMAO

Scrub: People who don't follow tourney*** rules.

Shining: A tourney***'s greatest dream. Fox has to get you in a corner, and press down-B many times. Final Destination remains the only available and unbanned stage because of this.

Shorthop/Fast-Fall Lag Cancel: Since Smash Bros. is a "Serious Fighting Game" and the characters need to be really, really fast, Tourney***s decided to remove jumping via this method.

Stafy, why are you here?: A forced meme started by the SmashBoards based on a podcast, which, after much circle jerking, the Smashtards pointed out Stafy's general uselessness and Sakurai's Hate for anything remotely similar to his ideas. Despite this being true, it was never funny. Never. Still repeated by SmashBoards visitors as if it were awesome.

Tipper: Hitting opponents with the tip of a weapon.

Tier List: A ranking of characters divided into categories by perceived strength at the highest level of play, assuming that both players are equally skilled, with the usual rules of no items and Final Destination.

Tires don exits: A meme made by the tourney***s. Misspelled "Tiers Don't Exist", Tourney***s have adopted it as "hilarious" because to them, only idiots would criticize Melee. They've also made a t-shirt.

im messin but it was weird, like 2 random people aim'd me wtf is the point of the site make u talk to random people who dont even want to talk to u i dont get it ><;
40% of that is WRONG! Caps for indignation.

Top Bottom