• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
How dare you? Coco was MY char! lol

IDK, I'd have to make it to (again, where did you moved to?) first...

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I got 49th at Ktar5. I got owned by a Falco main and King Kong. =X

It's cool though, I placed better than normal and I met a lot of cool people.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I've only played the 3rd one....for 40 hours...and I still haven't beaten it. O_o

How is the 4th?
Haha yea, they are long games. 4 is alot like 3, but I like the story better in 4 and they improved the battle system a little. It also has more amazing music.

:phone:

Suspect

Smash Hero
All about persona 4.

I've only played the 3rd one....for 40 hours...and I still haven't beaten it. O_o

How is the 4th?
Haha yea, they are long games. 4 is alot like 3, but I like the story better in 4 and they improved the battle system a little. It also has more amazing music.

oh my...Jerm did you ever even finish 3 or 4? >_>

People like 4' battle system better just because you can control the other characters (to me that makes it more easy and some dont like that) BUT in Persona 3 portable, it uses 4's battle system.

4's story is in no way better than 3's. 4's story is one long dragged on scooby detective case.

AND 4's MUSIC IS BETTER?! :embarrass:

Ill admit 4 has some good music and one REALLY REALLY badass song, but over all 3's music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4's music

Persona 3 is amazing, keep playing it. 4 is mediocre compared to it.

Jerm im offended now.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I live in KY sir. I'm probably going to try to go to Cot5 maybe? If you wanna mm there.

I LOVE p3's music. But I've never played p4 so I can't judge. @_@ I want to, but it wouldn't feel right since I haven't beaten p3. Yes, I'm on of those people. <_<

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Actually, I have beaten 3 mr suspect. I havnt beaten FES though. Im at the last dungeon in 4. I stopped playing to catch up on other things but I know I enjoyed it more than 3. What song in 4 do you think is so good? 3 has amazing music as well, but I love the style of 4 much more. P3P is super fun as well.

Whenever you finish them both kassnova, you should be the judge =]

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

oh my...Jerm did you ever even finish 3 or 4? >_>

People like 4' battle system better just because you can control the other characters (to me that makes it more easy and some dont like that) BUT in Persona 3 portable, it uses 4's battle system.

4's story is in no way better than 3's. 4's story is one long dragged on scooby detective case.

AND 4's MUSIC IS BETTER?! :embarrass:

Ill admit 4 has some good music and one REALLY REALLY badass song, but over all 3's music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4's music

Persona 3 is amazing, keep playing it. 4 is mediocre compared to it.

Jerm im offended now.
Oh wow, what other benefits does P3P have over the console version? I might get it since i didn't particularly finish. *was really close though, at approximately 70-80 hours and nearing end then the game got ****ed up so i could never beat it :(*

Also, what's this "really really badass song"?

Suspect

Smash Hero
This one Jerm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpDLSc_y2s

@Kuro- Here are the differences, idk what would be a benefit to you so ill just list the differences. (via copy/paste)

A)You can now choose the gender of the Main Character.

B)S.Link scenes and conversations have a visual novel style.

C)Daytime exploration is now point and click and the characters on the map have become 2D sprites. You also now see your main character's portrait while exploring.(Tartarus exploration remains the same.)

D)There are now 5 difficulty settings. (Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard, Maniac)

E)There are new costumes and Personas.(Lovers Tamlin (level 13), Star Neko Shogun and Setanta (level 19 and 2, Devil Mokoi (level 1

F)Elements from Persona 4's battle system have been added in. You can now directly control your teammates in battle, your teammates can take a mortal blow for you, there's a Guard command and there is now a new "Co-Op attack" that can be used after the first Full Moon mission. They function in the same way as Follow-Up attacks in P4. (Can only be used when an enemy is knocked down)

G)Skill cards can now be used to give any Persona a skill. i.e Garu Skill Card teachs Garu. Skill cards are obtained through levelling up a Persona, exchanging the gems found in Tartarus in the Antique Shop, scoring the highest in exams (gotten from Mitsuru), completing requests, saving people from inside Tartarus and buying them from the TV Shopping Network. The cards can also be cloned at the shrine. There are no Skill Cards for "Kunda and Kaja" skills (however, there are for Masukukaja), Ragnarok, Thunder Reign, Niflheim, Panta Rhei, Samsara, Die For Me!, Morning Star and Black Viper.

H)Fusion Skills can only be used via items. These items are obtained by trading gems at the Antique Shop.

I)There are now portraits for more characters along with new ones for characters that already had.

J)Some S.Link scenes will be voiced Persona 4 style.

K)''Tired'' status can be cured using items. Also, you no longer become tired in Tartarus, the status appears the day after.

L)You have to pay to receive healing at the bottom of Tartarus, it is no longer free and automatic.

M)Entering your dorm room won't change the time.

N)You can now have part-time jobs. Working gives you a social stat boost and some money.

O)There are Persona 4 cameos.

P)There is now a boss rush mode entitled ''Vision Quest''. In it, you can refight the Full Moon bosses among other more "puzzle-style" battles. The Full Moon bosses here are more difficult.

Q)There is no ''The Answer''.

R)The anime cutscenes have been removed and replaced with either cutscenes using in-game graphics or done visual novel style.

S)P3FES' additions and changes are still present along with these new ones. (Yes, The Aeon S.Link remains)

T)There are new menu designs and you can now easily equip other party members.

U)There are new types of requests that involve saving people inside of Tartarus. The Velvet Room assistant will call you and you can accept your reward from Officer Kurosawa. The quests only become available after the 2nd Full Moon mission.

V)In the last moments of the game, you can now choose who you would like to spend your time with. (New Game + Only)

W)As the Female Protagonist, you can now choose to either stay as friends or be lovers with Social Link characters. The Male Protagonist cannot, however there are no longer any effects for dating more than one female (P4-style).

X)The Protagonists can only equip one type of weapon that are both Slash types. The Male Protagonist and Mitsuru cannot equip each other's weapons, they have their own unique set.

For female main character
-There are new S.Links, new music, a pink menu scheme and the option to stop an event that happened in the original from occuring. There are also some differences in the more "social" aspect of the game. i.e Sports trip, Kyoto trip etc. The Female Protagonist also has a gender-swapped Orpheus. There are no differences between the two male and female versions of Orpheus. Orpheus Telos and Messiah have gotten no gender-swapped versions.

Player-4

See you in 25 years

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lol. Player 4. xD

Whelp I suppose I'll pick up p4 then next time I see it!

On a more unrelated note, don't you love it when people with ugly babies think their kid is like the cutest thing in existence..? But when in reality it's not... ugh. I don't want to hurt my friend's feelings, especially when he's bragging about his baby...he's just a happy dad, but whew... please shut up about yo babay. (now I'm tempted to post a picture lmao then you'll know what I'm talking about)

Staco

Smash Champion
I've lost faith in humanity

what happened?

lol @ everyone wanna play coco
It´s like: "why even make male characters in videogames?"
girls play female chars, boys play female chars :D

I just finished my final oral exam today in english
I will get my mark for it in 2 hours

Top Bottom