• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Itachi! Clash of Brokenness! Round 2! Feb 28 "Hola Señorita!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
mmmm....EC meat....you think you guys camp =).....wait till you see truuu camping in the MW.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
This tourney will be hard for me to get to. I got a Saturday class until noon and it takes me about an hour to get home and an hour and a half to get from my house to Screenz, meaning I can get here at least by 2:30. Hopefully I can make this. Is there any way you can pre-register me and I'll be there around 2:30ish?

Vayseth

Smash Master
This tourney will be hard for me to get to. I got a Saturday class until noon and it takes me about an hour to get home and an hour and a half to get from my house to Screenz, meaning I can get here at least by 2:30. Hopefully I can make this. Is there any way you can pre-register me and I'll be there around 2:30ish?
If you aren't there by 3 you cannot enter. That's the rule.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Decision from the Brawl TOs:

We have met and vigorously discussed what is going on for pools in this tournament.

We have advertised that top 8 seeds in points WILL receive automatic 1st seeds in brackets and skip pools. If you are top 8 in points you MAY NOT, UNDER *ANY* circumstances skip pools. Top 24 from pools will move on to brackets and everyone else will be eliminated from pools but you will still be given points for your entry.

Here is a final list of TOs for the tournament (do not have to pay venue fee):

Brawl Doubles: Devildigimon
Brawl Singles: Devildigimon and Vayseth
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: SamuraiPanda
Soul Caliber 4: Devildigimon
Street Fighter 4: Devildigimon
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix: Syxx
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2: Dark Kakashi
Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3: Vayseth

Side Tournaments (pending set ups and turnout)
Naruto Accel2: Devildigimon
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: TOs TBA

Due to the large tournament in Purdue for Melee on the same day, melee singles will be cut this month. Sorry guys!

That's it! Hope to see you guys this month! =)

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Tournament Scheduled is fully Updated!

Check to see any changes in time of games you might be entering.

This will potentially get a bigger turn out than last month's with people coming from other states and even more out of state players.

With Street Fighter 4 been there, I will assume it will be a much bigger turn out. We had a total of 115 Entrants in total to the venue last month, so that is insane. We will also be using another portion of the venue for this event to accommodate space and potential attendance for this event.

See you guys at the end of the month! Should be an awesome event! ^_^

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
Lain, I have no idea how big/strong you are but just a warning if it does come down to you lifting me (which I hope it doesn't) I'm pretty dense.

Vayseth

Smash Master
grimace: Both Devildigimon and myself are over 6'0" 300 lbs and will gladly carry you and your stuff down no problem. We're working with the venue to see if there's anything else that can be done for your convenience though.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
grimace: Both Devildigimon and myself are over 6'0" 300 lbs and will gladly carry you and your stuff down no problem. We're working with the venue to see if there's anything else that can be done for your convenience though.
sweet deal.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Ah dude fatboy(me) may grow up to be big and strong like YOU!

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for Brawl Singles.

Also, What is the deal with the supply of TV's? In a post you said that there was going to be a lot more available? If this is the case, can you spare one for some melee? If so i'll bring my GC.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Here is the thing, there is going to be a Melee Tournament in Purdue University - W. Lafayette, IN the same day as this event, which is why I had to remove Melee from the list of tournaments, so I will not conflict and potentially get players from that tournament. I don't want my tournament to be the cause of making another tournament get a lower turn out than they should have.

That been said, if you bring Melee and Game Cube and want to play it, I am sure we can supply you with a TV so you can play it casually through out the day.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Here is the thing, there is going to be a Melee Tournament in Purdue University - W. Lafayette, IN the same day as this event, which is why I had to remove Melee from the list of tournaments, so I will not conflict and potentially get players from that tournament. I don't want my tournament to be the cause of making another tournament get a lower turn out than they should have.

That been said, if you bring Melee and Game Cube and want to play it, I am sure we can supply you with a TV so you can play it casually through out the day.
NO! BAD DARK KAKASHI. BAD.

If you wanna play melee. Bring a set up. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BRING FULL SET UPS.

We will NOT have TVs to spare.

That's the same kind of talk that got us 3 set ups for brawl, 2 set ups for melee, one for naruto, one for tvc and 2 for street fighter... WITH 115 PEOPLE.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I'd much rather come to your tournament and be able to play Melee, so I hope that decision is reconsidered. I was very disappointed to see that it wasn't up there anymore, so if that's your only reason for taking it out...

Vayseth

Smash Master
I think he's just saying there will not be an advertised tournament for it. If people bring set ups and want to throw in a couple bucks for a self-organized side tournament, I don't think there would be a problem with that. He just doesn't want to take away from that other tournament.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
So if we bring a Melee setup, it won't be pilfered for another tournament? I don't know how the space requirements are.

Vayseth

Smash Master
So if we bring a Melee setup, it won't be pilfered for another tournament? I don't know how the space requirements are.
No other tournaments are being run on the gamecube, and if it's YOUR TV we're not going to steal it or anything. I just don't know if you'd get the venue fee off for it.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Anybody can run whatever game tournament they want if they have the set-up for it.

Basically, I have already been informed to run a side 3rd Strike tournament as well.

What I told them and I will post here is simple. If you bring a Set-up and want to play a game, or run a Side Tournament, that is fine. I have two potential side tournaments Naruto Accel 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, both are subject to run if people bring set-ups and want to run them. I have absolutely no problem with people bringing set-ups and using them for what they want. Last tournament a person brought a set-up and was playing CvS 2 for the most part of the day until he changed it to TvC and ran that tournament there.

If you bring a full set-up for whatever game, I am not going to take your TV and force you to let us use it for another tournament. Those tournaments already have set-ups and if that community did not bring set-ups, well tough luck. =p

Simply put, if you bring a set-up for Melee, you can run Melee all day if you like and if you want to organize a Melee tournament that is fine as well, considering the amount of Brawl players already at the venue, I am sure you can have a pretty decent size tournament for Melee if you wanted to run it.

If Melee is used for a tournament, I can waive your Fee as a TO of that tournament as well.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
no! Bad Dark Kakashi. Bad.

If You Wanna Play Melee. Bring A Set Up. Everyone Needs To Bring Full Set Ups.

We Will Not Have Tvs To Spare.

That's The Same Kind Of Talk That Got Us 3 Set Ups For Brawl, 2 Set Ups For Melee, One For Naruto, One For Tvc And 2 For Street Fighter... With 115 People.

Not Everybody Has Cars And Tvs.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Why did you capitalize every word? O.o

Honestly, it was me picking on DK and not meant to be taken literally. However, it is true that we THOUGHT we would have enough set ups last time but we ended up with only 3-4. We *NEED* them.

Not everyone is going to bring them, but if you can, you SHOULD.

That's all that meant.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles and Doubles for sure. SF4 if it's in this tournament (too lazy to go back to the first page)...
I'll bring a set up Alexander the Great.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
OK I just updated the Main Post with information on which people get a Full Venue Fee Waive (meaning they pay $0 for Venue Fee).

Also, I will be updating the PreReg List later today after I check all the forums and places that people are Preregistering from.

Grimace, if you are online or get to read this, give me a IM on AIM I have info for you.

There is going to be a Projector at the Venue, that will potentially be used for Grand Finals of some games. I will be testing the Projector in the next week with players to find out which games lag on it and which games don't so I can see which games I will feature on the Projector to run Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals on.

Also, to make things easier for me and everyone else running the tournaments and to help you guys out. I will be seeding Brackets by Region.

So If you guys can help me out by stating what State and or Crew you are on so I can have that information ready and when I make the brackets I can have people from the same City, State, and from the same Crew not play each other in the early rounds of the Brackets.

Ex. Dark Kakashi - Chicago, Illinois

This will help a lot and cut down in time during Registration as well. Thanks for all your cooperation guys and if you have any questions I will be glad to respond to them as soon as I can.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Ill be there 100% i would never miss this

brawl dubs and sings

TvC- I will help run it and enter it

Sf4 Hell yea im in

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Sweet Omni! <3

Also I just got finished to the Venue, the Tournament looks like it will be turned into a Lock-In!

This means a couple things:

1) The tournaments don't have to worry about time constraints. (Though we will try to finish them early)
2) There will be bonus over night tournaments been run over night.
3) Casuals will be played for every game there all night.
4) There will be over night housing at the venue for people not wishing to travel back home late at night. (Working to figure out an over night Fee for the Lock-In)

Also, Parking lots are been looked at for leasing, so people can park in a couple parking lots and not have to worry about city parking.

The Venue Fee will cover access to the Computers up stairs so if you pay the Venue Fee, you have access to use any computer upstairs, whether it be gaming or regular PC.

Any questions or concerns I will try to respond as quick as I can. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I will get you guys later int he prereg list and I will make a set-up list of people bringing set-ups.

Milk! - I am just taking the criticisms we got last time and trying to improve on them. Community feed back is really appreciated and if there are things we can do to make things much easier and better for everyone that is what we are trying to do.

I am hoping the Lock-In idea is a good way to help people not drive late at night after the tournament and is also a way for people to stay over night and play casuals all day in all sorts of different games.

I'll keep reading this forum and working with the venue to get as much stuff used by the time of the tournament. The Venue should be done remodeling by the time this event is supposed to happen.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I will get you guys later int he prereg list and I will make a set-up list of people bringing set-ups.

Milk! - I am just taking the criticisms we got last time and trying to improve on them. Community feed back is really appreciated and if there are things we can do to make things much easier and better for everyone that is what we are trying to do.

I am hoping the Lock-In idea is a good way to help people not drive late at night after the tournament and is also a way for people to stay over night and play casuals all day in all sorts of different games.

I'll keep reading this forum and working with the venue to get as much stuff used by the time of the tournament. The Venue should be done remodeling by the time this event is supposed to happen.
The only thing I would like make sure to stress is more TV's, everything else wouldn't be required, but it'd be really nice. More TV's to run faster would be nice.

The lock in idea would be nice, cause last time my group came at like ten am and left at ten pm, it'd be nice if we could stay overnight and get a little bit of sleep before going home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom