• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Itachi! Clash of Brokenness! Round 2! Feb 28 "Hola Señorita!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Thanks for the interest guys. Last tournament had a lot of support and it was a lot of fun. The venue at this moment is remodeling and working on adding new things and pretty much making the area a much better place for everyone.

With that in mind I updated the Main Post!

I also added a section of possible Tournaments, only if a Full Set-Up is brought.

I also added a new Tournament to the line up. At Noon we will start Soul Calibur 4!

Check the Main Post for all the up to date info! ^_^

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Everything looks fine I will try to get their early to get in pools and singles for bralw.

What are brawl pools? lol yeah noob question

Vayseth

Smash Master
Brawl pools are small 6-8 man groups where you play everyone round robin 2 stock 6 min best 2/3 matches and you're ranked against them. The top half in every pool moves on until we have 24 (or however many until we reach 32). It's a way to give people more matches while making the tournament itself run more smoothly and more quickly.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Devildigimon:

More man sex (for lain? sweet jesus)...

******* soon!!!

LMAO!!!

BRING THEM SET UPS PEOPLE!!!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
All top 8 players are getting 1 Seeds for the brackets, if they wish to waive that and enter Pools, I have no problem with that. But you will now be seeded according to your spot in Pools. You have all the right to enter Pools if you want, but it will waive your normal Seed in the Bracket.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
hey dark, just wondering about the venue and whether or not i'd be able to go...

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Brawl pools are small 6-8 man groups where you play everyone round robin 2 stock 6 min best 2/3 matches and you're ranked against them. The top half in every pool moves on until we have 24 (or however many until we reach 32). It's a way to give people more matches while making the tournament itself run more smoothly and more quickly.
K thanks sounds fun

And if we preregistered for brawl singles will a spot be reserved?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
devildigimon here:

No shin. Pre-reg'ing gives u a spot in pools but you have to win outa pools to be placed in the bracket.

Arty: if you choose to waive your seed in the bracket. You could risk being in the bracket all together if you don't advance outa pools.

Just thought I'd mention this before you make any rash decisions.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'd rather you not enter pools if you have a starting spot. You have a #1 seed and you'll be guaranteed a spot in the bracket. It's the best place you can be.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster again:

LOL, I know what u mean VayVay...but again it's entirely up to them. If they wanna risk it, let em.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Main Post has been updated with the names of the players that are Eligible for 1st Place Seeds in the 32-Man Singles Bracket!

It also explains what will happen if some of them do not show up. Also, explaining if the players want to enter Pools and Void their 1st Place Seed.

Hope it helps. And I will try to get as much info as people want as quick as I can. Tomorrow I will go to the venue and ask about the situation for Grim, since there is a back way into the Venue. I'll confirm info with them tomorrow about it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
May I suggest that, in order to cut down on Brawl's time, start Brawl pools before Brawl doubles finish? The last 4 or 5 Brawl doubles matches can take up to 2 hours, sometimes even more. But if you start running pools before doubles is over, it can really cut down on time.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Well looking at the schedule right now, Brawl Doubles is at Noon and the start of Brawl Singles Pools is at 2PM. This gives Brawl Doubles 2 hours of a head start before we start focusing on Singles Pools and in 2 Hours, hopefully the Doubles tournament is like you said getting close to finishing with a few matches that just take too long.

With a 2 hour gap I am hoping to have the tournament run quicker. What do you think of that, or should I start Brawl Singles Pools even earlier?

Kels that's ok, is not like you were going to place any where near the top spots of Accel 2. =p

Especially with Forte and Rockman showing up to this event to enter the Accel 2 and Storm tournaments, all the way from New York. <3

Vayseth

Smash Master
May I suggest that, in order to cut down on Brawl's time, start Brawl pools before Brawl doubles finish? The last 4 or 5 Brawl doubles matches can take up to 2 hours, sometimes even more. But if you start running pools before doubles is over, it can really cut down on time.
That's the plan, as you can see from the schedule. Really, we're limited to the set ups people bring. However, I want to give people traveling ONLY for singles to get there, so starting at 2 pm is more than enough time (3 PM LATEST).

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Actually I have that game and unlike Naruto Revolution 2 I'm actually good at that game.
If you say so.... ;D

Forte and Rockman are notably the top 2 players in Accel 2 in the US, but is all good. You won't be able to argue that point this upcoming month. <3

Pools are going to be seeded Random, so you guys can potentially be in the same pool. <3

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm almost tempted in making sure all who have seeds MUST TAKE THEIR SEEDS. If some do it, ALL have to do it, and that's just silly. We'd have totally whack pool results if some did it while others did not. Either we're going to have a top 8 or no one with guaranteed spots.

DK and I will have to talk about this...

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm almost tempted in making sure all who have seeds MUST TAKE THEIR SEEDS. If some do it, ALL have to do it, and that's just silly. We'd have totally whack pool results if some did it while others did not. Either we're going to have a top 8 or no one with guaranteed spots.

DK and I will have to talk about this...
That's actually what I was thinking too. It'd end up all funky if some people didn't take their seed.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
That's good to hear Lain, I'll have to take back all the things I've said about you using IC's chaingrabs...

Vayseth

Smash Master
That's actually what I was thinking too. It'd end up all funky if some people didn't take their seed.
yeah, it's either, if you're there, you HAVE to take your seed. If you're not, you have to enter pools.

I think everyone in the top 8 will be there again next month. If they are not, we'll probably do EVERYONE in pools since it'd be hard to fill one or two spots. Plus I wanna see lain not make it out =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom