• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mk vs Fox?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Pfft. Sonic and Yoshi boards? They're not that bad. I've personally never had a problem with them. I don't agree with everything that comes out of Mmac's mouth, but he has very good intentions and at least tries to convey his ideas and testing results through logical means.

The Link/Jigglypuff boards... Now there's a bunch of special Smashers.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how do u guys get passed the stupid running upsmash lol i fall for it way to early and kills mad early. the other problem would be stupid dair to any smashor grab

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Pika, yes. Tough fight, free 80%, only thing going for Fox is upsmash kills at 86% and Pika cant kill.

Meta is 7-3 against Fox, face it fox mains.

Falco and Sheik, meh, nothing too bad. I have a harder time against Olimar.

$ick

Smash Lord
Fox gets *****. One of the few matches where edge guarding and gimping is possible. But for only 1 of the characters.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Pika, yes. Tough fight, free 80%, only thing going for Fox is upsmash kills at 86% and Pika cant kill.

Meta is 7-3 against Fox, face it fox mains.

Falco and Sheik, meh, nothing too bad. I have a harder time against Olimar.
I play a lot against chinesahh who imo has one of the best foxes. Mk vs fox is harder than pika falco or sheik, at least for me, because they have such ridiculous things against fox. fox can laser camp MK if he tries to be defensive, so then MK has to approach and fox can get in a few drill-->grab or drill utilt combos, then he chips a few damage on and does drill usmash at a higher %. Sheiks ftilt lock on fox destroys him, as does falcos cg to spike-->edgeguard and pikas cg to upsmash for 90%

Jenkins

Smash Lord
i personally main fox and when i play a MK whose on my level, i normally emerge the victor. A lot of tournament videos kinda show fox's advantages too.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I really hate facing fox. It's one of my hardest matchups.

<3 fox players that accidentally fall off the stage though. Fox is so ridiculously easy to edgeguard

don't tornado his shield :cry:

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
I’ve played and practiced this match up a lot with me been fox. As fox I mix up my approaches, recoveries, and camp mk where possible with SHTL or SHFFDL to try and open up a window for drill combo/smash, also use decent DI/SDI. Basically what I’m saying is I think I’m trying my best to do everything I can against MKs but I still lose to mks that know what they’re doing…. lose constantly that is.

-Fox Upsmash kills MK at 83 percent with no DI…what kind of MK doesn’t DI?
-Mk can gimp fox as soon as he leaves the stage regardless of percent. So basically off stage is out of question. If fox hangs onto ledge for anymore than 3 seconds his going to get a dair, down tilt, down smash, or forward smash which leads to more gimping, or if the mk is off the stage just a simple s-loop. This leaves on stage and air game.
-Fox touching ground vs MK is prity scary. MK has a lot more options that are a lot more powerful that can prity quickly lead to fox getting damage racked up or getting pushed off stage and punished. Fox may get a few hits on the ground if he mindgames the Mk enough.
-Fox in the air your best option here with Drill out prioritizing many of mks air moves and a few of his ground moves. Upair can kill at mid percentage. And forward air beats glide and a few other moves. This is assuming the MK is predictable and doesn’t mix up there moves.
-A mk shouldn't tornado you if you are a jump height or more up in the air. If they do you can punish it with SDI =>jump=>dair into top of tornado, dair should cancle the tornado everytime, nair can also work. If the mk knows what they are doing however they will not tornado while you're high in the air. Tornado is another reason why foxes ground game fails against mk.

This match up is in Mks advantage. If you play Fox vsing MK that knowns what they’re doing you are up **** creek. I call this match up a free win for MK but that’s just my opinion It’s hard to prove in theory.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol no. It's not a good one, but it's by no means his worst. I'm convinced it's snake atm. Yoshi is definitely tougher than fox though

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know yoshi well enough to say his a bad MU for Mk but yeah lol Yoshi is far tougher than fox. I think MK is foxes 3rd worse mu. I've never seen yoshi vs MK game at a high level really. But i'd have to say snake and MK go prity even. I still think MKs best counter is MK

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Eh, I have had a lot of experience against snakes, and it just seems like a bad matchup to me. But, I guess that varies from person to person. Yoshi vs. MK is actually really hard (grab release and ****). I haven't faced a really good yoshi for a while, but pride scared the ****ing **** out of me lol

Anyway, I disagree with MK being his own best counter. He's got a few matchups that aren't in his favor... but that's just my own opinion.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
WEll of coars MK doesn't counter him self. I'm just saying he does better job than nearly all others

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever seen m2k, dojo or any other great mk lose to snake? lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
once Meta gets the snake off the edge, the snake is pretty much ****ed.

I mean, c'mon.
It's called DI. :ohwell:

M2K loses to basically no one. He three stocks most people he fights, and two stocks them if they happen to be good. I hardly see how this is an argument. Dojo, I have no idea, and quite frankly I'm inclined to think you don't either.

Rather than assuming, why don't you ask them yourself?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Forget fox.

Snake, yoshi, and sonic are mks worst.

the fox boards can suck a fat one.
*bold added

lololololol olololll ololoollololololol lolol lololololooooollolololololollolol lololololol

once Meta gets the snake off the edge, the snake is pretty much ****ed.
Not true.

How many times have even seen them playing a great Snake

Popertop

Smash Champion
Dair. Dair. Dair.
Really, it's not that hard.
YOu don't even need tornado really you can just Dair > Nair and the nair will hit them off, then some more dair to seal the deal.

I saw M2k vs DSF at HOBO 11, and M2K pretty much just ***** him the entire time.
Granted, it was on Norfair....

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Do great Snakes exist? I'm sure Snake goes even with Meta Knight but no great players put enough effort into Snake.
i think tkd is right

total prediction/map control>metaknight

i think metaknight is easy and has better matchups and stages

but snake has more overall potential..

or maybe almost as much as mk..

either way mk and snake are waaaaaaaaay above all other characters,no doubt

Top Bottom