• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MIST - Results topic up! http://tinyurl.com/3qvnl58

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think my clock thing might be totally fked up on smashboards. What does the time say under "today's livestreams" for everyone else? For me it says 3-7 even though I set it for 7-11, and all my times and dates are setup properly....=(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
looks to be a bug of some sort.

In other news, why is this tournament not listed on the front page "Major Tournaments". A TO should make sure this is there!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
If I flew to Kansas City on the Friday of this tournament, who would be able to give me a ride to the venue?
dmac is almost always on AIM, as is Strong Bad. One of them would be able to help you. They're bringing Axe so hopefully they have room!

EDIT: Peef, how do I get it in here? We've been talking about that for a while now. It should definitely be there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm sooo excited to livestream this event!!!

I've already talked with Ziv so this will be the channel that the main Melee livestream will be on!!
http://www.justin.tv/peefsmash

The justin.tv acct is soo much better! If the internet is good I can promise the stream will be at least this good, including the picture-in-picture for crowd response.
http://www.justin.tv/peefsmash/b/291109357

Go to the channel, follow etc.

Ziv please add link to the OP and add it to the tournament calendar in the livestream link section, we will probably get hundreds of viewers.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Peef, got it added to the OP but I'm not sure how to add it to the calender.

Also what do I have to do to get this thing in the Major Tournaments section???

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef, got it added to the OP but I'm not sure how to add it to the calender.

Also what do I have to do to get this thing in the Major Tournaments section???
If you go to the calendar link and go to edit, at the bottom there us a place for a livestream link. You've just got to pm people in charge to get it in major.

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I is confused.
It used to say is REQUIRED. But I edited it because I never had any intention of making it required. We were just doing prereg to get an idea of how many people were coming.

At this point I'm expecting around 60 players. With any luck we'll get around 80.

We need people to step up and bring TVs though. I don't want to see a 1/6 tv/smasher ratio.

ORLY

Smash Master
@bunbun: who's all coming with you?

@wobbling: wobbling really doesn't make as big of a deal as people usually think it does.

not too long now! get hypeeeeeee

>Bert<

Smash Ace
If IC's grab you, wobbling or not, it will most likely result in a stock.
Broken much?

Either way we shouldn't get into the wobbling debate. Not the time or thread. It's a p!ssing match that's been argued over and over til ppl were blue in the face.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....if an Icies grabs my marth at like, anyhwere below killing range, hes not gonna kill me on a grab -_-(unless he wobbles).....icies reg grabs arnt THAT great if they cant normal chaingrab the char, and half the cast they cannot :/.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol tink you dont play vs an ICs who knows their CGs.

I agree with shroomed and ORLY, i dont think wobbling is that big of a deal. Wobbling was never banned at Smashing Grounds

ORLY

Smash Master
on a completely unrelated matter: i think shroomed should be added to the title

he's pretty good ;D

Shroomed

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for Dart to get back to me. Working out some financial issues on coming.

And I still have to PM dmac about giving me a ride from Kansas City airport. I'll do that now haha.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh and just so there's no confusion...

Wobbling is BANNED
F*cking stupid and everyone else covered why. Intent is probably to improve TO's own results. Its not that EVERY IC grab will result in death, but it is absolutely impossible to beat a good IC player that manages to get 4-6 synced grabs per game, regardless of wobbling.

I wouldn't be wobbling anyway. Gotta please the crowd.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....ya, im sorry, i just played with a top 5 icies(trail**) for only like...years....where all he does isss chaingrabing mostly 0_0..

im not saying he stacks up well with icies theseee days, but i probably have more icies pracitce then anyone here with my years of playing. wobbling DOESSS make a hugee difference....

i dont know how you can dispute that peef when my peach destroys you without it, but whenever its on, its close games and going 2-1 0_0. that says ALOTT

**-cause there isnt enough icies mains 0_0

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lolll....ya, im sorry, i just played with a top 5 icies(trail**) for only like...years....where all he does isss chaingrabing mostly 0_0..

im not saying he stacks up well with icies theseee days, but i probably have more icies pracitce then anyone here with my years of playing. wobbling DOESSS make a hugee difference....

i dont know how you can dispute that peef when my peach destroys you without it, but whenever its on, its close games and going 2-1 0_0. that says ALOTT

**-cause there isnt enough icies mains 0_0
Trail doesn't chaingrab much, and he has honestly a poor grab game compared to modern ICs including myself and he admits it. His neutral game is his real strength, so add wobbling to him and it makes a huge huge difference I agree. If he had kept up with bliz>jab>blizz>jab, handoffs, Fsmash charge combos, utilt regrab, etc it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

As for me, probably my best tourney performance (SMYM12) featured no wobbling and I beat people who I've always lost to when wobbling was allowed.

I'm not making a fight for legalizing it this time, I don't do it anymore. Just saying it's stupid to ban.

PS: Gimmie dat Peach! =DD

Tink

Smash Hero
SOmeone team with blitzbolt...guys legit.

loll...i just cant beleive u try to say it doesnt make a difference when it clearly does for alott of matchups....with the way Di'in is soo advanced these days, where most ppl smash DI out of everything, it matters alot 0_0. ppl drop chains all the time, i havnt really seen ppl drop wobbling once they were in it. that a huge difference.

also, that peach willlll be coming sonn....iff u make it outta pools :pPP.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
SOmeone team with blitzbolt...guys legit.

loll...i just cant beleive u try to say it doesnt make a difference when it clearly does for alott of matchups....with the way Di'in is soo advanced these days, where most ppl smash DI out of everything, it matters alot 0_0.

also, that peach willlll be coming sonn....iff u make it outta pools :pPP.
Just don't try givin me that Falcon!

Tink

Smash Hero
how did obiwan training help luke skywalker son? By teaching him the basics and letting luke work his magic on fools. ORLYS a boss and ive been studying to make scrubs like you pay :p!

done! i might even ganon ditto you 0_0. if im feeling mango cocky. but ill prolly bust out that marth on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom