• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I hope the final destination version of Palutena's Temple has the big statue directly behind it. And if there is a boss running around somewhere.... I can only think of the chaos kin.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, apparently Palutena is in (Because of the rumor)

I still don't supporter her

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Oh, yea...

That's probably real.
I really don't want Miis or Chorus Man, but it's worth it for Palutena and Shulk
And I like Chrom and Pac-Man sometimes...
Not bad.
She was already the most likely newcomer before the leak though.
Mii won't be playable though. It doesn't make sense for Mii to be playable.

andimidna

Smash Master
Mii won't be playable though. It doesn't make sense for Mii to be playable.
It makes no sense, I know.
Wii Fit Trainer represent the casual Wii Era perfectly.
And Rosalina represents that new generation of 3d Mario titles, in a way.
The customizable moves have nothing to do with Miis.
And the stage for Miis (Find Mii) doesn't have a series icon like one with a playable character would.
There is definitely hope that they won't be in. Especially when they show up as profile indicators in the direct...
Which could potentially mean the leak is fake, or it's real with some fake sprinkled onto it.
Either way, there was already 2 recent reasons that increased Palutena's chances greatly.
So we don't have to use that as reasoning for her. Pit's Final Smash and the Pseudo Scare do that just well on their own.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
New Pork City was also a pain because of just how dark the color pallet was. It was really hard to distinguish where platforms were and what was going on when it was zoomed out, and I don't think Palutena's temple will have the same problems.

Off topic, but even though I hate the idea of Miis they have a ton of games to pull moves from and represent some of Nintendo's most successful franchises ever. It should also be noted that the average 6 year old would probably be more excited to learn he can use his Mii then that K. Rool or some of character he's never heard of is in. So, I mean, Miis make sense. I still don't have to like them though. The good thing is that they are the only character's on the Sal leak I really have a problem with (and MAYBE Chorus men, I would have to see them in action but a Rhythm Heaven rep has a lot of potential at least) and I can live with them if it gets me Shulk and Palutena.

I'm wondering how fast Palutena is going to be, I always envision her as Zelda-esque because of the magic use but she also has that staff. Should be interesting to see how she plays.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Palutena's temple will a worthy successor to Hyrule temple.

Hyrule temple, while being huge too, was still fun to play in. Can't say that for New Pork City though.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, I really liked Temple.
But New Pork City was too much.
I hated that Purple Cat Creature...

I mean, it was easy to avoid. But it scared the **** out of me every time it appeared.

I'll be playing Palutena on Palutena's Temple a lot. I can already see it.
Even if there's a stage hazard that doesn't fit, I'll play on it just for Palutena.

Last edited:

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351
Ultimate Chimera?

Yep, they're pretty vicious alright. Especially when it kills you in one bite.

Edit: Sorry I messed up, I was trying to reply to andiminda about the chimera.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
The best thing about New Pork City was watching a stupid computer (or player) somehow needlessly walk into the the Ultimate Chimera... that's about the only thing I liked about it.
The good news is that we will have a Final Destination version of Palutena's Temple available since I'm assuming the normal course would be banned competitively.

andimidna

Smash Master
The best thing about New Pork City was watching a stupid computer (or player) somehow needlessly walk into the the Ultimate Chimera... that's about the only thing I liked about it.
The good news is that we will have a Final Destination version of Palutena's Temple available since I'm assuming the normal course would be banned competitively.
It will probably be the section of the stage we first saw with the statue of Palutena in the background.
I bet it will end up being very simple in final destination form. Being only that platform.
That's what I hope happens, at least.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
It will probably be the section of the stage we first saw with the statue of Palutena in the background.
I bet it will end up being very simple in final destination form. Being only that platform.
That's what I hope happens, at least.
I hope so, and expect so, as well as it would
harken back to the boss battle. A Pit vs. Palutena match up on there would be too awesome. If we could get some specialized codecs with Viridi and Hades and my life would be complete :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If the leak is fake, that means that she can look better than that with the help of Sakurai. D:
I ain't giving up on her, I can assure you.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Came from /v/ apparently from what Hoots said.
It is possible that the leak was a real screenshot on the 3DS and this is just one from the website or something? It still doesn't explain where the new Palutena model came from

EDIT- Of course the leak thread would've went down right before this T_T

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Fake or not Fake, Palutena's is in for me.

I dislike the "X is a shoe-in" thing... But Palutena is an exception :troll:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At this point it doesn't matter if it's fake or not, because Sal Romano's leak is probably correct.

That said, I'm not sure what's actually being shown right here. It looks like someone just recolored the actual leak and screwed up the faces.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You guys aren't going to like this:

It's fake.. :(
Edit: Greninja'd :4greninja:
I realise this picture is somewhat different to the leak.
Not trying to deny the leak is fake, but Mario's face, and Palutena's scepter's Orb is white. It's... Weird. A fake made from a fake? :troll:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The plot thickens.

Either way, I kind of hope it's either fake or her face wasn't final. Because if her face looks like that in the actual game, rather than a serious-to-playful set of expressions from Uprising, I'll be disappointed.

She just looks so...meh. And my goddess doesn't look meh!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Edit: Greninja'd :4greninja:
I realise this picture is somewhat different to the leak.
Not trying to deny the leak is fake (having it as a real picture instead of a offscreen picture tells it's fake), but Mario's face, and Palutena's scepter's Orb is white. It's... Weird. A fake made from a fake? :troll:
IT'S FAKE-LEAK-CEPTION

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Of course, her chances are already high enough, so the leak won't matter when she's actually revealed, with a better look.

EDIT: It's still alive!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If that's the case, then I guess this has to be done, my apologies if the date is wrong:

R.I.P Palutena Leak
1/23/14 - 4/17/14
The best and (I think) longest lasting Smash Bros leak of all time. Some say it was even "godly."

Of course, her chances are already high enough, so the leak won't matter when she's actually revealed, with a better look.
It's not proven fake just yet- check out the Social thread

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Here is the source (the original post was removed): http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/240025361/#240045439
Sorry to ruin the parade, but this is a poor attempt to take credit for the leak.

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=f29e69054d3283c67c1a0e39edba7ac20de64881.19117

The photo shows terrible signs of tracing and photo shop attemps

Also Palutena is in the EXACT same pose, while mario is different.

Wouldn't the photoshop traces come from the fact that it's, you know, faked?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fake or not fake, I still found of this to be hilarious.

Whatever, she still has the most things going for her, more than any other potential newcomer bar maybe Pacman.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Here is the source (the original post was removed): http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/240025361/#240045439
Wouldn't the photoshop traces come from the fact that it's, you know, faked?
The original image? Oh trust me, that was checked for traces time and time again, with nothing shown to warrant it being fake. If it's for the new image however, then...yeah.

The new image is just so..weird. I don't really see how it's evidence the other is faked at all. Was it even posted by the same user?

Top Bottom