• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
Huh. Jokes made in jest to one's confidant of (at least) 25 years, and clashes against the commanders of enemy armies going out of their way to tear apart the world. Is this the sort of thing that leads to the "Goku is a Deadbeat Dad" / "Even Cannon Cloud was Angsty for No Reason" memes?

Granted, I do agree that not acknowledging her trickster nature or forgetting how uppity she can be at times (ma'am) does do a diservice to the depth of her character, but with the bad does come the good of her care for humanity being because she's fully aware of how flawed all the Gods are, and is the only one of them with any real pity for the humans who get caught in the divine struggles, trying to help them and all.

There's also the fact that Palutena's dialog in the American versions is much more teasing than it is in the Japanese versions. And while I used to think that sort of thing didn't matter, the Paper Mario Games have been a good reason for me to rethink that.

(#BestWaifuDefenseForce)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this thread, I just had a funny thought. Could you imagine, when Palutena was being shown off, if she'd been able to channel all of her Powers, rather than having been the showcase for Custom Moves? I bet Palutena with the ability to switch between specials would have been no less broken than Bayonetta. Heh.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
As for this thread, I just had a funny thought. Could you imagine, when Palutena was being shown off, if she'd been able to channel all of her Powers, rather than having been the showcase for Custom Moves? I bet Palutena with the ability to switch between specials would have been no less broken than Bayonetta. Heh.
It would've been interesting if she had a toggle (somewhat similar to Shulk) that could swap out her special moves (but then, of course, that may lead to a lack of one of her currently designated special moves - unless the special swap trigger was assigned to some unconventional button combination (e.g. shield + taunt or whatever)).

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
Hey randomly posting some impractical crap again, this time with even worse recording quality!
Getting the last hit of nair and autocancelling it, on a grounded opponent, is annoying to time correctly, but you can get some guaranteed follow ups out of it.
Didn't bother testing the di with the footstool setup and honestly most characters will probably be able to get out of it with a fast move due to the low percent this works at, but all aerials can combo out of it so it has SOME use at least. Might even be able to get the footstool if your opponent doesn't react! (Opponent not reacting seems to be the only way to get any of the stuff I post to work honestly lol)
It's pretty much the same as chaining nairs and autocancelling on platforms except you're timing it for falling to the ground as opposed to a platform.
Anyway yeah I can only see this working if someone let's go of shield too early when you're falling with nair, and even then you have to react afterwards and time the nair correctly so you autocancel AND get the last hit.

So yeah you could call this an extremely budget fox dair in a way lol

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
So can I possibly trouble someone here for a link to the Palutena discord? Could've sworn I had access to it, but it's been awhile since I've even used the thing lol

Top Bottom