• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I loved the Dedede ones when he trolled Luigi and Wario.

You know a character is close to Sakurai based on how much trolling they do. Probably why so much of Kid Icarus is trolling from Palutena, Hades and others.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

You know a character is close to Sakurai based on how much trolling they do. Probably why so much of Kid Icarus is trolling from Palutena, Hades and others.
Nice observation!

andimidna

Smash Master

Doesn't he do the voice for King Dedede too?
Nintendo usually goes in the 2nd half of the event iirc, and like last time, Nintendo will be the only part I'm watching. As such, we got 2 months left to wait.

And that's a favorite of mine as well. We need more Palutena for sure. <3
We are rating Palutena on the Rate Their Chances Thread!
Tell every Palutena Fan!!! :D

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I did my part for that thread, and Palutena's really growing more and more. We just need to wait for her amazing trailer and all, and E3 might be that time.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I wish they would make more kid Icarus games. :)

Hopefully the kid Icarus hype rises to influence them to make some more.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Why are you worried about her "want score"? That's something you shouldn't be worried about.
I hope she moves up in the want charts?
It's not a big deal. But seeing the last 3 votes giving her 100%s really cheered me up.

Correction: the last SEVEN votes!

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Two year lurker finally reporting for duty! (Wow... look at all those signatures that I can actually now see!)
Wanted to come and show my support for the Goddess of Light! You guys have been my heroes for a long time now!
Palutena is without a doubt my most wanted newcomer. If you are still actively adding people to the supporters list, sign me up!

andimidna

Smash Master
Two year lurker finally reporting for duty! (Wow... look at all those signatures that I can actually now see!)
Wanted to come and show my support for the Goddess of Light! You guys have been my heroes for a long time now!
Palutena is without a doubt my most wanted newcomer. If you are still actively adding people to the supporters list, sign me up!
And a warm welcome to the Boards from us Palutena fans to you, Nimbostratus!
I was actually just about to link you to this thread when I saw your post in the RTC thread!
Thank you for the support!

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I noticed I'm still not on the supporters list...

Anyways, I have a hypothetical question for you guys. After Palutena is confirmed and Sakurai announces DLC is a possibility, would you guys root for another KI character? If so, who would you want as a second KI newcomer?

I personally will be vouching for Hades. Love that guy and I am a sucker for bad guys.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Anyways, I have a hypothetical question for you guys. After Palutena is confirmed and Sakurai announces DLC is a possibility, would you guys root for another KI character? If so, who would you want as a second KI newcomer?

I personally will be vouching for Hades. Love that guy and I am a sucker for bad guys.[/quote

I wouldn't mind Hades, but Viridi would be my girl. Pull a Toon Link and have that butler-like dude throw reset bombs.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Well, I went with DLC because I fear the second KI newcomer may wind up as a mediocre semi-clone of an existing character (similar to the Falcondorf situation in Melee), which is why I prefer the DLC, so developers can take their time giving the second KI newcomer a polished move set.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hey I support Palutena but don't know how to put a support stamp on my signature can anyone help me?

Edit: I have manage to do myself

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

I personally will be vouching for Hades. Love that guy and I am a sucker for bad guys.
I was legitimately just about to ask that...
I was just thinking about it earlier today.

I would. And I'd root for Medusa.
And if Medusa got in as a 3rd... I'd root for Viridi :p
Viridi for SSB6

Hey I support Palutena but don't know how to put a support stamp on my signature can anyone help me?
Do you see your name next to where you check your notifications and messages?
Click on your name. "Signature" will be one of the many options.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If we don't get any new villains, but DLC is possible, I'm rooting for Hades, K. Rool and Black Shadow.

So Hades. The guy is too amazing not to have onboard.

andimidna

Smash Master
If we don't get any new villains, but DLC is possible, I'm rooting for Hades, K. Rool and Black Shadow.

So Hades. The guy is too amazing not to have onboard.
No new villains in the main game? I'd be a bit disappointed...
But I'd root for for Ghirahim, Medusa, K Rool, Captain Syrup, Ridley, and........ hm...

I dunno. Palutena for Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why does everyone think Nintendo is a scamming DLC company like Activision or Capcom?
Nintendo has been doing DLC as of recent, but it's good DLC that isn't required to get the full experience from their games. Think Fallout 3 DLC, or any Borderlands DLC except for possibly the Ultimate Upgrade Packs and Gaige/Krieg. But I can't see them doing DLC for Smash Bros., downloadable stages and characters don't usually work out well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was thinking good DLC, as in, adding characters that aren't on the disk, and just couldn't make the final cut. I don't expect Nintendo to ever sink as low as Capcom with DLC. At least I hope.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Why does everyone think Nintendo is a scamming DLC company like Activision or Capcom?
The concept of DLC is great, new content without having to buy the game again. It's just they way it's been abused recently that everybody hates it. I trust Nintendo to not be on the same boat as Activision or Capcom.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About DLC, we know that Sakurai will consider them only when the game is released, which is a good thing. The main problem with DLC are "pre-order DLC", for exemple. Or Street Fighter X Tekken DLCs, that are on the disc.

About a second Kid Icarus newcommer, it's very plausible. I'll quote Majora_787 from the Medusa topic.

You know, I've noticed this. Kid Icarus was treated like an "Original 8" franchise at E3 2013, and Pit is getting a pretty big influx of content in this game. Not really accounting for the fact that Uprising came from Smash and Smash Bros. made Kid Icarus what it is now, more or less. But look:

Mario / Luigi / Bowser
Donkey Kong
/ Diddy Kong / K. Rool
Link / Zelda / Ganondorf
Samus
/ Z.Samus / Ridley
Kirby / Meta Knight / King Dedede
Fox / Falco / Wolf
Pikachu / Whoever /
Mewtwo

With Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool as possible and very popular inclusions, every Original 8 franchise except for Yoshi has at least three characters: The protagonist, a major side character or secondary protagonist, and a major classic villain.

Besides that, with Palutena being a "popular" choice and Medusa being a "unique surprise" choice, Sakurai could add both and make a pretty significant number of people satisfied AND give Kid Icarus a good amount of representation in Smash. While I think he would go with unique over popularity for this game, I would think Sakurai knows one of the big things about Medusa and Palutena is their own character conflict with each other. Besides that, he probably also knows that this could be the last chance (or rather, the best chance) for this level of Kid Icarus addition to Smash Bros. since really, who knows when we'll see another Kid Icarus.

Just what I'm thinking lately.
It's also about Medusa, but you get the idea. Also, actually, Kid Icarus have a lot of items, and that's a good thing considering the serie size.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I have equal preference for Medusa and Hades, love them both.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I have equal preference for Medusa and Hades, love them both.
While I love them both, I think Medusa is more suitable as a playable character, and Hades as a boss, but that's personnal appreciation.

The best case scenario is to have Palutena, Medusa, Viridi AND Hades anyway :awesome:

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
While I love them both, I think Medusa is more suitable as a playable character, and Hades as a boss, but that's personnal appreciation.

The best case scenario is to have Palutena, Medusa, Viridi AND Hades anyway :awesome:
I prefer Medusa over Hades. I still think that the chapter 9 bossbattle is quite epice and diverse, with an unnerving headscrew moment. While Hades, a fun character nonetheless, practically does nothing except shooting projectiles out of warts and zits.

Top Bottom