• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eggplant Wizard is too OP. He makes Meta-Knight look like Brawl Ganon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
When I started to see characters getting sacked left and right throughout the Direct, my heartbeat kept getting higher and higher. Then I saw the green hair. I thought for sure it was over for our goddess, but thankfully my fears were put to rest a mere couple seconds later.

If only Ridley's side of Sakurai's trolling spree was as merciful...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I forgot to post here, as I was too caught up in the fates of Isaac, Ridley, Ivysaur and others, but congrats!

The cards perfectly align for Palutena as a newcomer. Let's patiently wait for the day when she's revealed at last.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
This was the best direct we've ever had. And in regards to Palutena... welp, we all were expecting Pit to have the 3ST as his final smash.
Now Palutena without all the competition (even Ridley himself) has even more chances. Not only that, Sakurai hinted us all the way last month and after the "leak" with KI stuff, furthermore he trolled with the Pseudo-Palutena trophy (which even if it had been regular Palutena's trophy it wouldn't screw her chances because Playable characters have trophies), so this leads me to a question, if she weren't a playable character why show pseudo instead of the beautiful goddess? Why show her back like an attempt to cover her face?
This is my little rant. The last thing I'll say is:
Be hyped people, our prayers have been listened.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
She's in. There's no getting around it now. If Pseudo-tena didn't confirm it, I'm pretty sure her being in SalRomano's latest leak is another smack of certainty.

Even if you don't like leaks, she's there. Rejoice! Soon...

andimidna

Smash Master
I said she had a 95% chance before the direct.
The FS changed bumped her up 3%
The Pseudo troll bumped her up 1%
And with Mewtwo's chances now lowered. She has dethroned his god tier of likelihood and made it her own Goddess Tier!
Now she is the only shoo-in!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena is now truly in God tier mode for sure. and with the 3DS version closing in, we'll be having plenty of fun playing as her soon. Whether or not she's revealed before the 3DS version, I'm sure Sakurai won't forget to bring her the best trailer of all. As of now, it's just months away, and soon, everyone shall face the light.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm starting to think that people are adding Palutena to their leaks to make them more believable. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Palutena is now truly in God tier mode for sure. and with the 3DS version closing in, we'll be having plenty of fun playing as her soon. Whether or not she's revealed before the 3DS version, I'm sure Sakurai won't forget to bring her the best trailer of all. As of now, it's just months away, and soon, everyone shall face the light.
I know, right now if she is in, her and Pikachu will be my mains.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm starting to think that people are adding Palutena to their leaks to make them more believable. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
Black-and-white Lip?
Aww... I wouldn't give up all hope just yet...
It's just an item.

Yes! Honestly, when I saw the dark clouds in Greninja's trailer, I thought it may be Palutena, but when all the pokeballs came flying I yelled out "Mewtwo!"
So close... hah.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Black-and-white Lip?
Aww... I wouldn't give up all hope just yet...
It's just an item.

Yes! Honestly, when I saw the dark clouds in Greninja's trailer, I thought it may be Palutena, but when all the pokeballs came flying I yelled out "Mewtwo!"
So close... hah.
Me(w) too! I thought the same thing. I thought Palutena and then I thought it was Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just like everyone else is saying, Palutena's chances are freakishly high now.

-A home stage.
-Tons of new Kid Icarus items.
-Pit's new Final Smash.
-Trolling in the Direct.
-The leak that still hasn't been debunked after two months of ongoing dissection.

I'm hoping she's in the starting roster.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

-A home stage.
-Pit's new Final Smash.
-Trolling in the Direct.
-The leak that still hasn't been debunked after two months of ongoing dissection.

It's almost four months now, even! And it just keeps getting better!

I get the feeling she's hidden, but I also get the feeling we're gonna have a big leak around E3 if not before that'll show us the rest of the legit roster, so we'll know either way.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
E3 Trailer scenario:
Ridley "Makes a BIG entrance" and smacks Ike down to the ground then Micaiah "Foresees Victory" and goes to heal him, right after that she begins to pray for help to fight Ridley and Palutena "Graces the Battlefield" and comes down to fight him. Finally, we see in the distance a horrid sight of Pacman "Wants a taste of Battle." Since there would be only Pacman and no Mii I would be ok with this.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

-A home stage.
-Pit's new Final Smash.
-Trolling in the Direct.

5 items so far.
Ore Club, X-Bomb, and Back Shield were shown in the direct, but the new recent pic dump showed the Drill Arm and Killer Eye as items as well.
And yes, I prefer if she was in the starting roster.

andimidna

Smash Master
E3 Trailer scenario:
Ridley "Makes a BIG entrance" and smacks Ike down to the ground then Micaiah "Foresees Victory" and goes to heal him, right after that she begins to pray for help to fight Ridley and Palutena "Graces the Battlefield" and comes down to fight him. Finally, we see in the distance a horrid sight of Pacman "Wants a taste of Battle." Since there would be only Pacman and no Mii I would be ok with this.

I like.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just keep Ridley out though imo. If it's Palutena goodness we need, it has to be something among the Kid Icarus goodness.

I still have my idea about Pit asking for advice on how to take on the new opponents he's fighting, gets no response, then she appears to fight them herself, couple with gameplay, showing off the Final Smash, and playful hits against Pit for a little humor, added with the right dialogue.

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited. The feeling is that Palutena its on her way to join Smash. Some freesh air to the roster. Also happy with Pit's final smash, I mean, that's pretty Badass.

I'm really surprised about the level of the movesets of all characters, they're all unique in many different ways. This game is going to be the sh*t guys..

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just prefer Pit and Palutena imo, though Viridi wouldn't be so bad either since she's in the background of the 3DS stage. I was hoping for classic banters between the first 2 though, since they'd be the playable ones (if Palutena makes it of course), but that's just me, but each to their own. And in time, we will see the light, whether it's Pit's new epic Final Smash or Palutena herself.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Honestly I'm glad it looks like Palutena is coming, I got sick of Brawl's roster, and the lack of really awesome females in SSB4's roster. Palutena fixes that and I can't wait to see how beautiful she looks on the Wii U, it's gonna be great. I mean Lip is pretty much deconfirmed and it will be tough for Robin, Micaiah, and Hikari to get in so Im glad we will probably get her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Agreed. Plus Palutena may actually be the 2nd female character that isn't a lightweight, since regular Samus is kinda heavy. I prefer if Pally was one of the heavier middleweights though, heavier than Pit of course.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
For awhile, I was thinking that, considering Pit's moveset was based somewhat around Uprising's weaponry, Palutena's moveset could perhaps be based around Uprising's power system. But I'm not sure if that will happen now, seeing that the power ups in Smash Run seem to be heavily inspired by those from Uprising.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A lot of the newcomers that we've seen so far seem to draw inspiration from other fighting game characters. Does anyone have any potential ideas for who Palutena could get based on?

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
A lot of the newcomers that we've seen so far seem to draw inspiration from other fighting game characters. Does anyone have any potential ideas for who Palutena could get based on?
I'm not really seeing where you're getting that. Other fighting game archetypes maybe, but whole characters?

Anyway, Palutena would probably lend herself best to a projectile heavy zoning type of playstyle. That's basically what she was in Uprising.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I'm happy that Pit's getting more bow-spinning moves. For Palutena, I always felt some of her attacks could be inspired by some of the Powers, except that unlike Pit who learned them, she could combine or modify some of them into moves and add a touch of her light magic to it, like what some of my moves in my moveset for her are. I do expect her to have a long-ranged defensive playstyle, one that surpasses the versatile Pit's.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The direct has made me SO excited about Palutena. It would literally be mean for sakurai to leave her out after all of that teasing. My number one most wanted character will almost defdinitely be in smash! I'm so excited about this!!!!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Palutena's chances reign supreme (0:40)

And no one can't deny (0:42)

She is being treated like a VIP (04:44)

Pit's new Final Smash is her alibi. 0:47)

Go to 0:40 in this video to see how good her chances are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8mnc7WciA

Sakurai is basically holding the character door open for her.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You know, I've seen so much trolling from Hades fans. Wouldn't it be awesome if Lady Palutena's trailer started off with Hades trolling the cast, making people think he's playable, only for Palutena to rip him off and show up at just the right moment?

Oh my sides would leave orbit if that poetic irony happened.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You know, I've seen so much trolling from Hades fans. Wouldn't it be awesome if Lady Palutena's trailer started off with Hades trolling the cast, making people think he's playable, only for Palutena to rip him off and show up at just the right moment?

Oh my sides would leave orbit if that poetic irony happened.
I would love that, but at the same time I would be sad afterwards from the fact Hades isn't actually playable.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I do feel that the Pseudo Palutena trophy tease and Pit's new Final Smash are the only two which I think will make her a playable character in SSB Wii U and 3DS.

Can't believe I nearly thought Palutena was a collectable trophy at first until it turned out to be the Pseudo.

Other than that, what will her Final Smash be if she is in?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I do feel that the Pseudo Palutena trophy tease and Pit's new Final Smash are the only two which I think will make her a playable character in SSB Wii U and 3DS.

Can't believe I nearly thought Palutena was a collectable trophy at first until it turned out to be the Pseudo.

Other than that, what will her Final Smash be if she is in?
She will probably get Pit's old one.

Top Bottom