• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's looking closer, but as Sakurai said, the stuff we see now may be different in the finished product. So one of em must be a beta, and one after the beta that isn't finalized.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's looking closer, but as Sakurai said, the stuff we see now may be different in the finished product. So one of em must be a beta, and one after the beta that isn't finalized.
To play devil's advocate, why would they use an older build for the Direct?

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
That Pseudo-Palutena fake out made my heart sink. Sakurai keeps on :troll:ing. But, seriously, Palutena is inevitable at this point.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
The trophy is honestly nothing more than Sakurai once again proving he is the biggest troll on the planet. She has to be in at this point. Now we are merely playing the waiting game.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'd say that Sakurai wouldn't have teased Palutena if she weren't playable...

...but Ridley...

In all seriousness, I'd say she's a true shoo-in now. Why would they remove her from Pit's FS and proceed to tease her so much if that weren't the case.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Oh man, Sakurai trolling us. I almost fell for it but then I thought, it has to be Pseudo-Palutena and was right. She's pretty much 98% confirmed IMO.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's getting closer, I can feel it. <3
But seriously, I am in love with not only Pit's epic new FS, but the new U-tilt and F-smash animation. That double kick. <3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dat Pseudo-Palutena gag. Pit's new Final Smash. All the Uprising Music (Dark Pit's Theme/Boss Battle/Chapter 1:Return of Palutena).

Sakurai is amazing at trolling and I love it. It's obvious he's building towards something rather than slowly letting people's expectations down step-by-step like with Ridley.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm completely sure she's playable. Not in Pit's Final Smash, got teased hard in the latest Direct...she has the following, etc...

She's in. I just know it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm completely sure she's playable. Not in Pit's Final Smash, got teased hard in the latest Direct...she has the following, etc...

She's in. I just know it.
Welcome to the support! Like I said a hundred times already, that Pit FS is just as epic as it gets to me... til "Palutena descends from above!"

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't think we will see her revealed. The next month we will get a newcomer is in May, and I think it will be a less known character: (Lip, Takumaru, FE Character) after that any other character will be unknown. I picked July for a release date this morning (For Wii U..) But looks like we will get 3DS around then. One more character reveal. With I don't know maybe Wario, Falco, and Ike shown before the game comes out? We won't know about a lot of the roster, maybe at least ten characters: Ness, Palutena, Falcon, Wolf, R.O.B. and Ice Climbers are some we will only see when the game comes out.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I dont get it. I assumed the Palutena leak one was earlier than the recent Mario one in the Direct. What do I know?
What I was trying to say was, if the leak is from an older build, and the Direct footage is newer, why is Mario's hand and mustache more jaggy than in the leak. Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate, it's something I find odd since HRR2b233 pointed it out.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What I was trying to say was, if the leak is from an older build, and the Direct footage is newer, why is Mario's hand and mustache more jaggy than in the leak. Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate, it's something I find odd since HRR2b233 pointed it out.
Maybe they want it more jagged this time around. Who knows? After all, some characters do look noticeably different and have different details.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Preeeetty sure she's confirmed after that direct.

And especially since Gematsu got another leak this morning from the same source as Mac-Mii-Pac, that she was on, I'm just gonna sit around and wait.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Preeeetty sure she's confirmed after that direct.

And especially since Gematsu got another leak this morning from the same source as Mac-Mii-Pac, that she was on, I'm just gonna sit around and wait.
While I think that Palutena is in. I don't think Mii, Pac Man, or Choir Men will be in the game. Especially Mii since that was the perfect time to announce it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
While I think that Palutena is in. I don't think Mii, Pac Man, or Choir Men will be in the game. Especially Mii since that was the perfect time to announce it.
I honestly feel like E3 is a better choice for such a casual-friendly character. I don't even support them, but I feel like today would've been a bad move for hype.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I found this in one of the threads:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/

The Killer Eye and Drill Arm seem to be items, too!
So far, the KI items are X-Bomb, Ore Club, Back Shield, Killer Eye, and Drill Arm. That ain't bad. Also, one of the pics shows how Palutena's Temple completely looks like.

Also, I tend to look at the Pit pics, and well:
-He seems to spin his bow in the air horizontally in the pic with Rosalina and Mario in it. New F-air or N-air?
-I know I hate Diddy and his bananas, but is it wrong that I find Pit's new expression for slipping on one kinda adorable? (back in brawl, his expression never changed from his idle one)

The KI goodness really is going all out. With all the items and new Pit expressions like that, I'm satisfied. Now we wait for Palutena to join in.

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Honestly with all the trolling that's happened thus far, I don't think Palutena is going to be "revealed" like the rest of the newcomers. I think she's more likely to be a hidden character in the game and not known about until the game's release.

Staarih

Smash Master
Haha yeah, there was definitely trolling with Palutena, I'm still pretty certain she is in. Would an E3 reveal for her be out of the question?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haha yeah, there was definitely trolling with Palutena, I'm still pretty certain she is in. Would an E3 reveal for her be out of the question?
I don't think so. I'm not too hyped about E3 though, because I think they're just going to use it to get Pac-man and Mii into the fray.

Then again, after today, who even knows what's gonna happen? (I still think all three of them are in the game. Especially Palutena.)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Removal of Palutena from Pit's Final Smash and the Pseudo-Palutena trophy both seem to be hopeful signs for Palutena fans. Keep the faith!

I don't think so. I'm not too hyped about E3 though, because I think they're just going to use it to get Pac-man and Mii into the fray.

Then again, after today, who even knows what's gonna happen? (I still think all three of them are in the game. Especially Palutena.)
Palutena will likely be a hidden character, and with the 3DS release this summer it's looking like many of the newcomers will indeed be hidden prior to launch.

"CHALLENGER APPROACHING" would be far more hype if it came with a CGI cutscene, so I am all kinds of OK with that.

fill

20EggsEggs
Honestly with all the trolling that's happened thus far, I don't think Palutena is going to be "revealed" like the rest of the newcomers. I think she's more likely to be a hidden character in the game and not known about until the game's release.
yep, and because after yesterdays direct, i'd rather her be that way since i'm pretty confident she is in now. no need to waste a direct reveal on an expected fighter

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point it seems pretty likely that Sakurai is aware of some expectation for Palutena given the stunt yesterday. I must admit I did laugh out loud at it. It's a weird reaction when you go from dread to humour in like a 3 second window.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That Pseudo Palutena prank... Sakurai just knows.

Pretty confident she's gonna be in the game, especially after that Direct.
Sakurai will have Pseduo Palutena make an entrance while Pit comments on her, then Palutena enters the battle commenting on Pseduo Palutena is too ugly to be her.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only we really have to do now is wait some more. I have a decent feeling she's going to make it in. But I could be wrong.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They still did not show Kid Icarus Assist Trophies.... come on! Where's my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy?!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The only we really have to do now is wait some more. I have a decent feeling she's going to make it in. But I could be wrong.
At this point Palutena has a 98% chance of getting in.

Reasons:

1) Pit's Final Smash has been changed to the Three Sacred Treasures.

2) She has the potential to have an unique moveset.

3) Comes from a well loved series (even from Sakurai himself).

4) If any Kid Icarus Uprising stages will have boss characters Pseduo-Palutena will be the one to take the bosses place.

5) Viridi is being used as a stage hazard.

6) She is a main character and a popular one at that.

The only two things that could stop her is the argument about her Statue on the Wii U stage and/or if Phosphorus (sorry if misspelled) takes her spot, and that is if the Kid Icarus Uprising series only gets 3 reps.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai really is a relentless troll. At least that move he pulled only solidified Palutena's chances.

They still did not show Kid Icarus Assist Trophies.... come on! Where's my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy?!
This! Everyone seems to be clamoring for Magnus or whatever, and while he'd be cool, you can't just ignore the legendary Eggplant Wizard!

He's so terrible and awesome at the same time. :awesome:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sakurai really is a relentless troll. At least that move he pulled only solidified Palutena's chances.

This! Everyone seems to be clamoring for Magnus or whatever, and while he'd be cool, you can't just ignore the legendary Eggplant Wizard!

He's so terrible and awesome at the same time. :awesome:
So Palutena has all of her bases covered:

• Is no longer part of Pit's Final Smash.
  • Is not a stage hazard, Viridi took the job.
  • Pseduo Palutena would be the boss, if there is a Kid Icarus Uprising boss is possible, or even Hades.
Palutena's only rival is Phosphora, and that is if we take Phosphora's chances seriously.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People take Phosphora's chances seriously? She was a minor character in a few chapters and a boss once.

EDIT: And her trophy has been shown! She's already deconfirmed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom