• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Personally, I would be fine with the Glam Blaster from Chapter 3 in Uprising. Just nuke the stage with light. I didn't mind Pit's FS in Brawl, but I think it would be a cop-out to just simply pass that on to Palutena.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Personally, I would be fine with the Glam Blaster from Chapter 3 in Uprising. Just nuke the stage with light. I didn't mind Pit's FS in Brawl, but I think it would be a cop-out to just simply pass that on to Palutena.
They could reveal that as her Final Smash when Sakurai trolls Hades as the new KIU rep.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
They could reveal that as her Final Smash when Sakurai trolls Hades as the new KIU rep.
I'm totally on board with the Hades fake-out idea (if only to see his charming mug again). That definitely seems like a very "Hades" thing to do and would perfectly reference the constant 4th-wall humor in Uprising.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I think it could be possible that Centurion Knights and Strong Arms could be added for a buff if Palutena's Army was picked. Instead of divebombing they could use their attacks from Uprising. The Glam Blaster does seem like the best scenario in terms of power though.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I joined this comunity only to inform myself about the Palutena leaked pics I discovered this thread today, and I find funny how people try to predict when Palutena will be revealed based on PoTD Sakurai is anything but predictable, well on another note I see people really certain Palutena IS IN, yet we will never be certain until it happens, but if someone manage to see if Pseudo Palutena has the Power Star in the trophy shown that will be really convincing to me, add me to the list of supporters not sure if that is still posible since I didn't read the whole tread

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer my Palutena's Wrath idea with the whole stage temporarily breaking up, Palutena in the background larger than usual, and throwing debris, shooting lasers, and all that at the opponents, as a reference to her abilities in the Ch.18 air portion. My moveset somewhere has the full details.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
What if Palutena is a secret character, and only gets revealed after the game's release or if more leaks happen? Like the Brawl entire roster's leak near the launch date...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm particularly ambivalent about there being any secret characters in the first place, since it seems Nintendo/Sakurai is enjoying giving each character their share of attention with their own, awesome CGI video.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I am VERY excited for Palutena as a potential newcomer. I lurked for days here when she got leaked and even I couldn't ever prove it false. Sakurai scared the LIVING HELL out of me when he showed Palutena as a trophy only to become pseudo Palutena. I want Palutena in more than most of my choices. I think she is 2nd to KOS-MOS if I am not mistaken.

Anyway I want to thank you on such a great OP (I am new here so I did not read the whole thread obviously)

My pointers

1) Palutena leak is real

2) Palutena is playable by judging Pit's final smash and Palutena trolling by Sakurai.

3) Palutena leaker was indeed fired.

4) Palutena has a stage named after her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
She could be a secret character, but with all the teasing, she might as well be a starter. Kind to think of it, has any unlockable character been shown before the game was released?

andimidna

Smash Master
Does anyone have a small Palutena icon just of her head with no background that I could put in my signature to make it look like she's confirmed? :p

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think Palutena might be unlockable, it works well with her divine nature. It also give Kid Icarus an unlockable character, one that the rest of the other series commonly get.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Snake and Sonic.
Now anyone besides guest characters? It's for studying purposes. I don't mind if she's unlockable or not, just as long as she's playable. starter preferred so I can check her out earlier; not meant to be perverted, it's more of studying her moveset and abilities. It's as they say; Know the fundamentals of the character you want to main, and you'll be fine. Have knowledge on the matchups and have experience, and you'll be doing great in no time, or so I think. That's actually what I did for Brawl Pit really, and if Japan gets the game earlier than us, I could study Japanese gameplay and gather even more info.
It's like looking at Pit's new moves, like his upgraded F-air, U-tilt, and F-smash. That's the kinda data we need for our goddess of light.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Now anyone besides guest characters? It's for studying purposes. I don't mind if she's unlockable or not, just as long as she's playable. starter preferred so I can check her out earlier; not meant to be perverted, it's more of studying her moveset and abilities. It's as they say; Know the fundamentals of the character you want to main, and you'll be fine. Have knowledge on the matchups and have experience, and you'll be doing great in no time, or so I think. That's actually what I did for Brawl Pit really, and if Japan gets the game earlier than us, I could study Japanese gameplay and gather even more info.
It's like looking at Pit's new moves, like his upgraded F-air, U-tilt, and F-smash. That's the kinda data we need for our goddess of light.
Nope, I don't anyone else.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think Palutena will be a starter character, personally.

Only because I think she'll be confirmed next.
Well, two months from now is E3 ((i think)), so I'm almost positive she'll be revealed there.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well it appears Palutena is so confirmed by this point I still have that question about the Power Star being present in the Pseudo Palutena trophy, I am not an editor so I cannot figure it out myself, if that is a hard task at least can someone tell me where can I get those stamps everybody are using? you know to made more evident my support

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ummm... so the one I used doesn't really fit... anybody cot a resized Palutena head for me? :p
That actually fits well, because she's just that big of a deal after that Smash Bros Direct (no Ridley jokes plz). She could be the next newcomer after all.

And I know bout Snake and Sonic; I meant non-guest ones, but if they're the only characters, then maybe Palutena could be a secret if she isn't revealed.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well it appears Palutena is so confirmed by this point I still have that question about the Power Star being present in the Pseudo Palutena trophy, I am not an editor so I cannot figure it out myself, if that is a hard task at least can someone tell me where can I get those stamps everybody are using? you know to made more evident my support
Wait, I thought it was proven long ago that there actually isn't a star on the leak and it just looks like one but it's actually one of her regular charms.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And I know bout Snake and Sonic; I meant non-guest ones, but if they're the only characters, then maybe Palutena could be a secret if she isn't revealed.
Well if you want to get technical, Lucario and Jigglypuff were accidentally leaked in one trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Ganondorf also showed up in Melee's first trailer too, which later became the intro for Melee.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well if you want to get technical, Lucario and Jigglypuff were accidentally leaked in one trailer for Super Smash Bros.
Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Ganondorf also showed up in Melee's first trailer too, which later became the intro for Melee.
LOL, I remember when everyone saw that trailer and Ridley, Wolf and Goroh were totally going to be in the game.

sigh.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
LOL, I remember when everyone saw that trailer and Ridley, Wolf and Goroh were totally going to be in the game.

sigh.
Honestly I still remember that as the meanest fakeout of all time. Really should've just made them playable, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

:sadsheep:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Wait, I thought it was proven long ago that there actually isn't a star on the leak and it just looks like one but it's actually one of her regular charms.
Oh I can't tell the rumors/leaks thread has tons of pages I read lot of them and didn't see something like that, but if that is true then I guess my ídea is totally irrelevant

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well if you want to get technical, Lucario and Jigglypuff were accidentally leaked in one trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In that case, I can't determine if she''d be a starter or not. Regardless, I rather focus on her being revealed first, then the goodness happens. Btw, what day would E3 be? June 10, or somewhere around that?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In that case, I can't determine if she''d be a starter or not. Regardless, I rather focus on her being revealed first, then the goodness happens. Btw, what day would E3 be? June 10, or somewhere around that?
It apparently runs from June 10-12th, according to the official site.

EA is having it's conference on the 9th, but it's EA so who even cares.

I expect Nintendo will be doing whatever it is they're doing either on the 11th or the 12th. Have they even announced anything concrete yet?

Also, this new avatar I found is my absolute favorite art of Palutena.

<3.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It apparently runs from June 10-12th, according to the official site.

EA is having it's conference on the 9th, but it's EA so who even cares.

I expect Nintendo will be doing whatever it is they're doing either on the 11th or the 12th. Have they even announced anything concrete yet?

Also, this new avatar I found is my absolute favorite art of Palutena.

<3.
Nintendo usually goes in the 2nd half of the event iirc, and like last time, Nintendo will be the only part I'm watching. As such, we got 2 months left to wait.

And that's a favorite of mine as well. We need more Palutena for sure. <3

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I think this time around he'll show all the newcomers with their respective cutscenes even if they are unlockables.
Because they build a great amount of hype, they took time and effort to not to be shown in the internet before the game comes out and Sakurai doesn't want a similar situation to what happened with SSE.
I could be wrong, but Palutena could easily be an unlockable and be shown before the release.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think this time around he'll show all the newcomers with their respective cutscenes even if they are unlockables.
Because they build a great amount of hype, they took time and effort to not to be shown in the internet before the game comes out and Sakurai doesn't want a similar situation to what happened with SSE.
I could be wrong, but Palutena could easily be an unlockable and be shown before the release.
Either way, they should have everyone's trailers in game before you battle them like Wolf, Toon Link, and Jiggly. I think that would be so cool.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think we also get dem trailer cutscenes in the Data-mode, like Brawl had? I think. Maybe you don't see them necessarily before fighting the unlockable opponent, but you get my idea.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I kind of feel that the cutscenes we are getting are like spoilers. Sakurai said he didn't care anymore if I recall. He made the excuse that youtube ruins those hard work cutscenes....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kinda inevitable to happen - and was more enforced by the fact that SSE's arguably best aspect was it's cutscenes. No really.

I though wished he made Uprising-style dialogue to go with some new Adventure Mode, along with letting N-characters TALK for once. I'd pay more for a game where they get to interact more than they did both in SSE and SSB-series overall combined.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Talking works for Kid Icarus characters and maybe some like Sonic, but most of the others I would rather never spoke. Link in particular is one of those Nintendo is probably terrified of ever letting speak

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't blame em. If it ain't Kid Icarus, Sonic, or Starfox, then the characters shouldn't talk. SSE was a mistake, but at least we get to see some of its enemies in Smash Run. The cutscenes were great though. I still love Pit's great ones, and the angry Bowser beating up the Ganon Trophy.

Top Bottom