• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I prefer Medusa over Hades. I still think that the chapter 9 bossbattle is quite epice and diverse, with an unnerving headscrew moment. While Hades, a fun character nonetheless, practically does nothing except shooting projectiles out of warts and zits.
Yeah, only one part of his boss battle is really adaptable, while Medusa have a lot to offer in her whole battle. Plus, being in Kid Icarus NES and Uprising (The GB game is never referenced in uprising), Medusa is more relevant and iconic to the serie than Hades.
But the Medusa thread have all the informations about why Medusa should be in the game! :awesome:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hmm, I noticed I'm still not on the supporters list...

Anyways, I have a hypothetical question for you guys. After Palutena is confirmed and Sakurai announces DLC is a possibility, would you guys root for another KI character? If so, who would you want as a second KI newcomer?

I personally will be vouching for Hades. Love that guy and I am a sucker for bad guys.
It woulda been Phosphora if she wasn't just a trophy. I understand the liking for Medusa and Hades, but they're better suited for being bosses, just like the "purple dragon" routine. Tbh, I don't think a 3rd KI character would even be necessary after Palutena.

And idc what position Palutena's in as far as starter or unlockable goes, though starter preferred, just as long as she's playable. Then we can get with the details.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think Palutena (if she is in) should be a playable character from the start or as an unlockable character?
I think she would be revealed before the game comes out to take full advantage of the trailers, but I could certainly still see her being an unlockable. It could really go either way- I don't think anyone really has a good idea of how Sakurai is planning to do it this time around with some him revealing previously unlockables so early.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I wouldn't be surprised if she's a starter. I mean we got all three Kirby characters at the start last time. I think she might be unlockable though, and if Ridley and King K are in them too, because people want to play as them alot, so they might use them to get you to play a ton of the modes in the game.

I just hope they have unlockable characters in general. I remember in Melee how excited I was when I realized Mewtwo was in the game. I plan on leaving the boards about a month before it comes out, because I think its fun not knowing who is in the game until you unlock them all.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Unlockables were one of my favorite things bout the games. You already have a nice amount of stuff at the beginning, but it gets bigger as you do different things, from classic mode completing to doing some event matches, character-exclusive stuff (I expect something to be Pit exclusive if Palutena's a secret character), and all of that, even special things that may require save files of different games or something like that to unlock (melee players will know about the Disken trophy, hope I spelled it right).
The secret characters were probably one of the best kinds of unlockables.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Unlockables were one of my favorite things bout the games. You already have a nice amount of stuff at the beginning, but it gets bigger as you do different things, from classic mode completing to doing some event matches, character-exclusive stuff (I expect something to be Pit exclusive if Palutena's a secret character), and all of that, even special things that may require save files of different games or something like that to unlock (melee players will know about the Disken trophy, hope I spelled it right).
The secret characters were probably one of the best kinds of unlockables.
I agree with this. I always love unlocking things especially with hidden characters. Its what brings the fun element into games.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I love unlockables, but I want Palutena to be a starting character so I can just immediately use her and become better at her than others from the get go. You know, assuming it's not like before and Japan gets a month or so of headstart.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Well I think Palutena should be an unlockable character. It would be cool if you have to discover her in classic mode with Pit or something :p

Just speculating.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know about her unlockability but She'd definitely be revealed pre-release.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
I personally don't care either way, as long she's playable, that's good enough for me. Wouldn't matter if she's unlockable or not, I will get to play as her regardless right?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
If you had to unlock her by using Pit, I'd be fine with this. He was my Brawl main, so it would be a piece of cake for me. Though, I don't care if Palutena is unlockable or not.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I just have this nagging feeling that Palutena will be starter.
I don't have much to explain. Most of the good guys just seem starter-ish I suppose.
Unlockable is more villain and occasionally supporting character in my opinion.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
>Implying she is actually stuck in the statue.

That is still a really good idea. I personally think Hades will be a boss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Implying she is actually stuck in the statue.

That is still a really good idea. I personally think Hades will be a boss.
Wouldn't be the first time she would be turned to stone, after all.

Speaking of bosses, you guys think Palutena's Temple will actually have some sort of stage boss? Wily's Castle got The Yellow Devil and Pyrosphere (presumably) has Ridley, so it probably wouldn't be to far off of an idea that Palutena's Temple would have one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wouldn't be the first time she would be turned to stone, after all.

Speaking of bosses, you guys think Palutena's Temple will actually have some sort of stage boss? Wily's Castle got The Yellow Devil and Pyrosphere (presumably) has Ridley, so it probably wouldn't be to far off of an idea that Palutena's Temple would have one.
Palutena's Temple is freakishly big and, from the looks of things, there's already a ton going on in it. I think a boss fight would be impractical there. I do think, however, that both games will have two Kid Icarus stages just because Sakurai's bias towards it is just a little too obvious *points at over 9000 new Kid Icarus items*

D

Deleted member

Palutena's Temple is freakishly big and, from the looks of things, there's already a ton going on in it. I think a boss fight would be impractical there. I do think, however, that both games will have two Kid Icarus stages just because Sakurai's bias towards it is just a little too obvious *points at over 9000 new Kid Icarus items*
Zelda still has more items than KI. I believe so anyway. And honestly I think a stage boss would fit better for a stage like that than any other stage, simply because it's NEVER going to be played seriously from the get-go, making it perfect for some crazy Hades/Medusa shenanigans.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thus begins Admiral Pit's unparalleled raged that caused the extinction of humanity.

(Just kidding of course.)
I have to restrain myself, so we refer to the sad Pit pic that was posted earlier. Of course, that won't stop me from requesting pics on dA of Pit beating up characters I hate as revenge (like MK).

And I don't think there's be any bosses on Palutena's Temple. The only logical ones in a sense would be Hewdraw for attacking Skyworld, or Palutena, who'd be a playable character most likely anyways. Plus there's always Cragalanche for Reset Bomb Forest, but even then we don't know that yet.

And I approve of the KI items that we have. <3

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Coincidentally enough, Game Explain released this video today and Palutena's Temple is, in fact, stupidly huge.

New Pork City was a pain enough to play on, this is literally a whole different level of frustration just waiting to happen.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Coincidentally enough, Game Explain released this video today and Palutena's Temple is, in fact, stupidly huge.

New Pork City was a pain enough to play on, this is literally a whole different level of frustration just waiting to happen.
Every smash game is gonna have a bigger and bigger stage i believe

Morbi

Scavenger
Every smash game is gonna have a bigger and bigger stage i believe
I have to disagree; the insanity has to end at some point, I don't envision any stage getting much bigger than Palutena's Temple. I have been wrong before though... is this stage going to be on the 3DS? That is going to be a pain...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I do think, however, that both games will have two Kid Icarus stages just because Sakurai's bias towards it is just a little too obvious *points at over 9000 new Kid Icarus items*
Well to be fair, Smash is starting to dig deep into the bottom of the well for items. I was trying to think of some possible items for a future smash title and the only things I could conjure up were some legendary items from fire emblem, Some niche AC tools and some joke items from Earthbound. Maybe I'm just not that all creative but I feel that Sakurai is just going all out on items this game. Some series just have better item choices I'd suppose.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's Temple is Wii U exclusive. We got Reset Bomb Forest for the 3DS. Oh well.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I have to disagree; the insanity has to end at some point, I don't envision any stage getting much bigger than Palutena's Temple. I have been wrong before though... is this stage going to be on the 3DS? That is going to be a pain...
Just Wii u but it differently will get to a limit but i thought nothing would be bigger then hyrule temple and new pork city.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think Sakurai is going to want to have a more basic stage on the Wii U that represents Kid Icarus, so I think that :skyworld:will be coming back as a retro Wii U-only

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That vid of Palutena's Temple was priceless, and I saw Pit pop up from the corner. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry, but that joke has been done to death. Plus Palutena is a MUCH better statue than that, that... guy. Rather it be a statue of Pit.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Zelda still has more items than KI. I believe so anyway. And honestly I think a stage boss would fit better for a stage like that than any other stage, simply because it's NEVER going to be played seriously from the get-go, making it perfect for some crazy Hades/Medusa shenanigans.
I don't see any Medusa and Hades shenaninegorangas happening in this stage look at it it is so beautiful and peaceful to have that kind of underworld theme, if this was the Chaos Kin arc version of the temple that will be more credible the stage already has lots of hazards

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

New Pork City was a pain because the stage was not really well balanced, plateform wise.

Almost every plateforms are at the bottom half of the stage. It's really empty on the upper half, making the blast lines really far from the actual stage.

Palutena's Temple, on the other hand, seems to have plateforms everywhere. There's just the right upper half that have some space. It also look better, like if it was 3 or for stages in one (left upper half, right part, and the "dungeon" left bottom part), compared to New Pork City chaotic layout. Personally, I felt I could only fight properly near the breakable bridge.

Also, I realise they both have breakable bridge. And again, Palutena's Temple placement of the said bridge seems way better.

Top Bottom