• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Staarih

Smash Master
Mario's face was just swapped and surely all the "distortions" disappear when on a 3DS screen, and I find it hilariously unnecessary to fake a... well, fake.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Mario's face was just swapped and surely all the "distortions" disappear when on a 3DS screen, and I find it hilariously unnecessary to fake a... well, fake.
Sakurai trying to troll us with a fake of the leak

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still want to know if this came from the original poster. If it did, well, probably finally fake, but its not over until we get the full story, especially since this later pic looks oddly half assed.

Just recall this isn't the first time someone has deliberately tried to rain on the Palutena Parade.

ErenJager...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I still want to know if this came from the original poster. If it did, well, probably finally fake, but its not over until we get the full story, especially since this later pic looks oddly half *****.

Just recall this isn't the first time someone has deliberately tried to rain on the Palutena Parade.

ErenJager...
Both the leak and this pic were posted anonymously on 4chan. The guy who posted this says he knows the guy who faked them, not that he faked them himself.

D

Deleted member

I still think that the leak is alive and that this was a horrible attempt to fake it (Mario just looks awful in that pic and his head is tilted in a different angle).
It doesn't matter anyway since the Goddess of Light has many things going for her anyway, possibly even more so than Little Mac before.
But I prefer the Lord of the Underworld, Hades. I am one of his disciples!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now we need to change the title back.

Looks like you can't kill a Goddess.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Both the leak and this pic were posted anonymously on 4chan. The guy who posted this says he knows the guy who faked them, not that he faked them himself.
Just like ErenJager knew a guy who saw Palutena as an AT at the same "demo" he "confirmed" that MegaMan and Villager had Rush Armor and Bees as FSs.

My uncle works at Nintendo, too.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
I can officially confirm that this attempt at exposing the leak is fake. My evidence? I made the real leak myself, and that's not how I went about making it.

You boys carry on with your support for Pretty Palutena. It'll make your tears all the more delicious when my newcomer trailer rolls at E3.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can officially confirm that this attempt at exposing the leak is fake. My evidence? I made the real leak myself, and that's not how I went about making it.

You boys carry on with your support for Pretty Palutena. It'll make your tears all the more delicious when my newcomer trailer rolls at E3.
That avatar is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. Hats off to you.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh, thank god. The leak still lives, boys! Palutena triumphs again!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, I can't help but notice the staff in the "debunk" is longer and thinner.

Could that be on account of obvious image manipulation? Weird.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That leak never really mattered, Palutena has so much going for her and the Pseudo fake out in the direct clinched it for me.

(Besides, she's still in the last leak standing.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Obvious fake. Plus, if he wanted to debunk the leak, he'd post evidence of BOTH screenshots being fake, not just one.

I'm still on Team Real (for the original leaked screenshots). And I feel she is the only shoo-in character.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Just like ErenJager knew a guy who saw Palutena as an AT at the same "demo" he "confirmed" that MegaMan and Villager had Rush Armor and Bees as FSs.

My uncle works at Nintendo, too.
And just like the original "leaker" who posted pics that "confirmed" Palutena as playable while acting like they'd already been posted!
I'll be honest, I got bit scared there.
Oh, thank god. The leak still lives, boys! Palutena triumphs again!
Once again, I don't see why you feel the need to cling onto this fake leak for comfort when Palutena is practically confirmed anyway.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I more or less stopped caring whether that leak is real or not a long time ago. At this point it's just waiting for things to play out whether it actually happens or not.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Once again, I don't see why you feel the need to cling onto this fake leak for comfort when Palutena is practically confirmed anyway.
It's nice to have even a semblance of confirmation before the official thing. There are plenty of other things that practically confirm Palutena, but this was the original thing, so it hold a special place in our hearts.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
The Palutena leak was awesome at the time, partly because it really rejuvenated this thread and made her the conversation of the Boards for a week, but we have gotten so much evidence in favor for her since then that it's really just supplementary at this point.
I'm somewhat indifferent towards the leak. She's not particularly expressive in that shot, but I think the other one is a little bit better. Besides, most of the good expressions have been on the Wii U version, so we will have to wait and see if they do her right (and this is Sakurai himself we are talking about, so I have faith). I guess I'd say I hope the leak is real since there is always a possibility that Palutena isn't in.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Grasping for straws" you all told me. "Just give up MVG! You can't win!" you all told me.
And look where we are now.
All I can say is "I told you so."

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"Grasping for straws" you all told me. "Just give up MVG! You can't win!" you all told me.
And look where we are now.
All I can say is "I told you so."
...What exactly are you getting at? I don't get it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All this time you all pushed me off as some loon trying to break a "legit leak".
And now look where we are.
I still don't get it. The image that "debunked" the Palutena leak is fake. We're in pretty much the exact same spot we were 4 months ago.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Um...so I read the entire thread. Is it too late the join the list of supporters?
It is never too late to join the Army of Light! Please, right this way. We'll get you fitted with proper Centurion armor.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I missed the fun, personally I don't hold the original leak as bullet proof evidence that Palutena is in the game there are so many factors and real hints right now going for her, yet I am happy that this don't disprove the original leak, unless Palutena's staff now works like Christmass lights and Mario now look awful, I would give the leaker more credit if showed a different pose for Palutena

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Unbelievable, the leak survived what possibly could of damaged it the most. This leak is not from this world, people.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... is the leak still alive or not?

I didn't really get how the picture BluePikmin posted on the previous page disproved it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I may have already stated this, but even if the Palutena leak is debunked, I still believe that her chances of being as a playable character is still looking good. After all we've already had a Pseudo-Palutena tease plus Pit's new Final Smash which sorts of hint something.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And of course there's the potential truth of the Sal leak if you need it. We don't even need the December leak, but frankly it's just not dead yet.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't really matter if the leak is fake or not, Palutena is basically a lock. I think the fascination with the leak stems from:

1. It marked the beginning of almost everyone considering her likely (this I'm not entirely sure of, I haven't been in the speculation scene for that long).
2. It has gone a surprisingly long amount of time without being debunked.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So... is the leak still alive or not?

I didn't really get how the picture BluePikmin posted on the previous page disproved it.
Yes.

It's an obvious photoshop

(check the thread in the General Wii U Discussion forum).

D

Deleted member

As with a few other people here I don't see why it matters if the leak is fake or not.
Palutena has tons of things going for her at this point, so even if the leak is fake, she still has high chances regardless.

Top Bottom