• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As with a few other people here I don't see why it matters if the leak is fake or not.
Palutena has tons of things going for her at this point, so even if the leak is fake, she still has high chances regardless.
There is one thing that matters to some. And that is how Palutena looks. If you noticed, there are plenty of people who think the leak Palutena is "ugly." Of course, if the leak is real, then people would have to deal with an "ugly" Palutena. If it isn't, people could possibly get a "Pretty Palutena." (Or it could be worse.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There is one thing that matters to some. And that is how Palutena looks. If you noticed, there are plenty of people who think the leak Palutena is "ugly." Of course, if the leak is real, then people would have to deal with an "ugly" Palutena. If it isn't, people could possibly get a "Pretty Palutena." (Or it could be worse.)
Well, if the leak is true...

1. The games are still in development, so they can change.

2. I really doubt Sakurai would mess up a character whose modern appearance and popularity is largely due to him.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
The thing with Palutena is that the roster is probably finalized at this point, and her popularity and emails and letters shot up the day the bloody game was announced. It's not like Ridley, as there are no decent arguments against her. At this point, due to the :troll:s, stage, the only leak that hasn't yet been debunked... I think Palutena is in the game in some high way.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Oh, the overanalysis! Whether a particular screenshot is real or not just doesn't matter. We didn't have pre-reveal pictures of Villager, MegaMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac OR Greninja and yet somehow, miraculously, they managed to be in the game.

It's nice to see people using the correct word (debunked) for ONCE in the history of Smashboards, though.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Guys I need your help. My delusional friend thinks that Magnus is far more likely than Palutena. I've tried convincing him otherwise, but he won't budge. Can you help me convince him otherwise? Here are his reasons why:
- Magnus has more move set potential then Palutena
-he does not believe the leaks
-Magnus played a more important role in the battles of kiu.
-he thinks smash bros needs more swordsmen
thanks for your help. Also I haven't played kiu yet,so no spoilers please:)

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Guys I need your help. My delusional friend thinks that Magnus is far more likely than Palutena. I've tried convincing him otherwise, but he won't budge. Can you help me convince him otherwise? Here are his reasons why:
There would be NO battles in Uprising if Palutena didn't fly Pit into them.

End of debate.

But if you still need more, bear in mind that if the number of swordsmen were to increase Magnus would have to somehow beat Isaac, Chrom AND Shulk.

Also, more potential moveset? Palutena is a GODDESS. She can literally do anything.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is a 3DS screen though, so even if it was final, she could look a lot better on Wii U.

I mean:

The difference is HUGE.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Palutena is a magic user, which we currently only have...1 of.
Palutena plays a more important role through out Uprising, guiding Pit through his journey and being there for the entirety of the story, whereas Magnus was important for like...3 chapters or something.
Smash Bros will get swordsman, but moreso probably with Shulk who has something actually different from all other swordsmen in Smash currently. Magnus is essentially a heavy sword user, a niche that Ike already fills, and Chrom could partially fill as well. He would be redundant.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another helpful comparison - look how well these two models blend:

And we all know Samus looks much better on Wii U. The female characters just don't look as good on 3DS, mainly because their facial details are flatter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:joyful:

Those Magnus fans wish! Has he played Uprising? She's the deuteragonist of the game, and is every bit as important as Pit is. In addition, she actually has importance to the series before Uprising, being Pit's person to save in the previous iterations, whereas Magnus didn't even exist. Hell, even Medusa existed before Magnus. It doesn't take too much thought to notice she's touted as much as Pit in that game, anyway. She and Pit are pretty much the two characters used to advertise the game!

Besides that, here's all the other reasons:

1. She's female, something Sakurai wants to add more of.
2. Sakurai loves Palutena. The amount of care he put into making her character and giving her personality should be evident to anyone who's played Uprising.
3. He basically gave her an entire moveset just in one chapter of the game. I won't spoil anything, but she does fight. Magnus honestly can't say the same.
4. She's just....much more important to the franchise as a whole, and has potential to be a very interesting magic/staff character, while Magnus has to, as much as I like him, compete with far more compelling sword characters like Shulk, Chrom and Isaac.
5. Frankly anyone that doesn't believe at least the first SalRomano leak is being asinine. As for the second, that's whatever until we know more.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
I find it really funny how Magnus supporters use the whole "he was playable once" as a strong point for his inclusion. You know who else was playable (and for an entire chapter AND in multiplayer mode)? Dark Pit. If we use that logic, it would mean Dark Pit is more likely than Magnus. But seriously though, Palutena has the best shot.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
How the heck tall is she?

Ganondorf according the Hyrule Historia is 7 feet 6 inches. And she's still taller in that comparison!

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
A sword guy can only swing his sword crazily. A magic gal who shoots lasers and stuff and can fly, ya.

There has probably been 1 or 2 leaks of Magnus. Does he believe those?

Baloney. Magnus was only significant for 2 chapters. Palutena was significant for... all of them.

He also thinks brawl has enough.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

-Oh wow, a generic sword character that can only punch, swing his sword, do knee attacks, a lesser Ike if you will. Palutena like has a staff + shield, has been revealed to have various powers shown both in KIU and the anime shorts (he needs to watch them).
1. Can Magnus summon cages or rain outta nowhere? No. Check the "Palutena's Revolting Dinner" anime short for that.
2. Can Mangus create storms like Palutena does? No.
3. Oh, and can he give Pit the Power of Flight like Palutena can? He wishes.
4. Can he teleport Pit back to Skyworld after his mission's done?
5. Where do you think all that food comes from in the land part of battle for Pit to eat? Palutena's doing (for the most part but the rest is a spoiler)
I could go on and on about this, but you get the idea. Plus no spoilers limits me greatly.

-Palutena has been in all 3 Kid Icarus games, and has played major roles in each. That's opposed to Magnus being in Uprising only.
-He doesn't have to believe in leaks, but that Palutena leak hasn't been debunked and it's been nearly 3 months now. That's better than any of the leaks these days.
-Palutena's been in every chapter, whether she's talking, her name has been mentioned or even on screen. And Magnus has been in like 2 or 3. I could say more, but no spoilers.
-We already got Link, Marth, Toon Link, Ike, MK, a bit of Pit via twin swords, and previously Roy and Young Link who were just mere clones in melee. All sword users, your choice.

That's all there is to it. Palutena, who's the Goddess of Light is MUCH more likely than that generic swordsman who has no special powers at all. I understand that everyone likes their set of characters, and I don't want to see harsh, but really, anyone who thinks Palutena doesn't have the highest priority to be the 2nd KI rep really needs to read up on some Kid Icarus stuff, and I assure you there's much more for Palutena than Magnus.

And you said he played Uprising, then I'm sure he has seen how often she's been talking in almost every chapter. He needs to review Chapters 1, 20, and probably others, but I assure you the Goddess of light is much more important.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
And more important than anything in japanise the franchise name is Parutena no Kagami , the mirror of Palutena when Magnus appears in the title he will stand a chance

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. Staff, Shield, Magic, Centurion Army,
2. Can't argue that really
3. Palutena's 24/25 vs. Magnus's 3/25
4. Besides already having Ike, there are unarguably better options: Takamaru, Chrom, Shulk, etc.

Given we haven't seen a KI Assist Trophy yet, I'd bet money on Magnus (and potentially the Eggplant Wizard).

andimidna

Smash Master
Better put an ambiance background music about these mysteries.

Twilight Princess music on a Palutena thread.
Where was andimidna when this was happening?

Now we need to change the title back.

Looks like you can't kill a Goddess.
What was the title when the leak was "fake"?

Regardless, new title is perfect.
So... is the leak still alive or not?

I didn't really get how the picture BluePikmin posted on the previous page disproved it.
If a leaked image taken by taking a picture of a 3ds has a full clean image, than it isn't real.
Example: Chrom Leak.
We saw it on the TV, then it was deconfirmed with the full image that was displayed on the TV.
However, the Chrom deconfirm picture was made by the same person that leaked it, the Palutena one wasn't.

----------------------

I'm glad the leak lives though!
I certainly wouldn't mind a different Palutena design, but who am I to judge a 3ds picture of a beta model?
Her Wii U look and artwork will look spectacular no matter what.

andimidna

Smash Master
I want to get in on the fun!

Magnus is not more unique than Palutena.
Magnus is not more recurring than Palutena.
Magnus is not more important than Palutena.
Magnus is not more well-known than Palutena.
Magnus is not more requested than Palutena.
Magnus is not as leaky as Palutena. :troll:
Magnus is not as popular as Palutena.
Magnus does not have the moveset potential Palutena has.
Magnus wouldn't add anything special to the roster, Palutena could, would, and should.

Get that generic heavy swordsman off mah roster!
Ike was already not too unique. But Magnus would be a freaking clone of him.
Except he could also make tornadoes with his sword/club... BUT WAIT! Everybody can now that the Ore Club is an item!
Basically, everybody can wield a Magnus sword now.
But you don't see the equivalent to Palutena's scepter/staff as an item!

Can you be more specific? Besides better textures, shading and lighting Rosalina looks nearly identical in both versions.
Look at her dress, I think that's the best example from those specific pictures.

The rest could be blamed on the lighting, but Palutena's leak was also on Battlefield, so who knows?
Link is a better example of looking different on both versions.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ironically the day when someone tries to disprove the leak... this happens:

We see Assist Trophies on the 3DS. They lack outlines.

Palutena leak has outlines on Palutena.

So any doubt about this leak leading to assist trophy Palutena should be erased. If this leak is true (and given how it survives the biggest attempted debunk of any Smash 4 leak thus far... things look good for it), the goddess of light is playable!.

Now I've got to figure out who I want to main more: Palutena or Rosalina. Hrm.

andimidna

Smash Master

So any doubt about this leak leading to assist trophy Palutena should be erased. If this leak is true (and given how it survives the biggest attempted debunk of any Smash 4 leak thus far... things look good for it), the goddess of light is playable!.

I'm in the exact same spot!
I think I may have to main both Palutena and Rosalina equally.
It may also come down to Palutena's moveset...
Rosalina is my 2nd favorite videogame character, Palutena is my 3rd, and both my 1st and 4th are deconfirmed.
So they are the 2 I'm extremely excited for.

D

Deleted member

Also, I can't help but notice the staff in the "debunk" is longer and thinner.

Could that be on account of obvious image manipulation? Weird.
The other way around; it shows that the initial leak image was manipulated further from this new clearer version.
In the clearer image, the staff is proportionately thick from the part that is held to the rest of it.
In the initial "leak", the thickness of where is held is the same as the other image, but the rest of it is abnormally thicker and disproportionate.

Alone, the initial image would look decently natural. When compared to the new image, it looks entirely unnatural.

The leak is a fake.
Despite that, it doesn't mean anything in regards to Palutena's chances. She's still just as likely as she was before.
Just that those fabricated "leaks" aren't reflective of the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The other way around; it shows that the initial leak image was manipulated further from this new clearer version.
In the clearer image, the staff is proportionately thick from the part that is held to the rest of it.
In the initial "leak", the thickness of where is held is the same as the other image, but the rest of it is abnormally thicker and disproportionate.

Alone, the initial image would look decently natural. When compared to the new image, it looks entirely unnatural.

The leak is a fake.
Despite that, it doesn't mean anything in regards to Palutena's chances. She's still just as likely as she was before.
Frankly it's not a matter of it affecting her chances to me. She's in, or if she's not, I'm devastated, because nothing would make sense anymore.

All the same, the leak was a pretty interesting symbol, and seeing it go away is nothing small to supporters who believed in it just because it hadn't been disproven. Oh well, there's still countless other things, not the least of which is SalRomano, and better yet Sakurai himself. All the same, I'm disappointed to see it go.

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
The leak is a fake.
Suits me, there's something odd about her face in that shot and I'm hoping it looks more like her Uprising model when the game is released. Mind you there's also something very odd about Pit's face in a lot of the early Wii U photos, so who knows.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As I've said, her face in the leak did always bug the hell out of me. Hopefully it looks more like Uprising, because her Uprising face is great. The leak face is/was just awful.

andimidna

Smash Master

The leak is a fake.
Look closely at both images side by side.
The fake version shows it's not getting thicker and thinner randomly, it's a shadow.
Now look at the real leak, the shadow is getting further darkened by an outline.
That's what looks amiss. But it is perfectly fine.

I'll try to find an example of when we've seen this before in a 3ds screenshot tomorrow.

As I've said, her face in the leak did always bug the hell out of me. Hopefully it looks more like Uprising, because her Uprising face is great. The leak face is/was just awful.
Awful is a strong word, but yea, wouldn't mind if it was fake.
Rosalina, Zelda, and Zero Suit look perfect to me.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

At this point, all you can do is flip a coin.

D

Deleted member

Look closely at both images side by side.
The fake version shows it's not getting thicker and thinner randomly, it's a shadow.
Now look at the real leak, the shadow is getting further darkened by an outline.
That's what looks amiss. But it is perfectly fine.

I'll try to find an example of when we've seen this before in a 3ds screenshot tomorrow.

Look. At. The. Hand. The staff frigging CUTS OFF where it shouldn't cut off!

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like many don't even care about the leak anymore haha. I personally choose to believe that the leak is indeed fake, but my support for Palutena still remains stronger than ever. And if someone wants to believe the leak is real, then so be it. I just don't think people should cling onto the leak too much, as Palutena has so much other stuff going on for her right now, which all point towards her being playable. The leak is starting to sound like old news by now, fake or not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno. It just didnt evoke the personality, even from a pensive expression I came to expect from her in Uprising.

Just couldn't enjoy it as much.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I suppose that if the image is fake, it doesn't change anything at this point. Unless the Gematsu leak is confirmed to be fake, she's still in the game.

I was just hoping I wouldn't have to wait as long...

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedCkXIO7SM
Look. At. The. Hip. The dress frigging CUTS OFF where it shouldn't cut off!

(Not trying to say "this is real, this is fake". We have plenty of official hints of Palutena's playable.)
Inexplicable difference in thickness between where the hand is holding a staff and where it's not =/= clipping of clothing in motion (a common, near unavoidable issue in games).

Also irrelevant to the point that was being made; which was that the initial "leak" image is an edit of the newer clear image.
Which should be clear if you actually compare the two images in question.

Try again. Or don't, if you're not going to put up a half-decent counterpoint.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Inexplicable difference in thickness between where the hand is holding a staff and where it's not =/= clipping of clothing in motion (a common, near unavoidable issue in games).

Also irrelevant to the point that was being made; which was that the initial "leak" image is an edit of the newer clear image.
Which should be clear if you actually compare the two images in question.

Try again. Or don't, if you're not going to put up a half-decent counterpoint.
Well, sorry ._.
Thought you were just saying about the staff clipping through the hand.

(note for myself: trying to do counterpoints while waking up is a bad idea)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apology accepted.

EDIT: I suppose one way to look at what I'm saying is the initial "leak" image has the staff pulling an hourglass-like shape that has no point of origin.

|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
-|||-
-|||-
-|||-
-|||-
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||

Like it's thick, suddenly thin, then suddenly thick again.
The new, clear image has the same level of thickness all the way through.

|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||

Does that make sense? If not, I'm sorry, can't make good examples while half-awake.
...and the example looked better in the preview than in the post itself. Even with extra minus signs to try to get the three lines in the center didn't do the job like I wanted...

andimidna

Smash Master

Look. At. The. Hand. The staff frigging CUTS OFF where it shouldn't cut off!
It kind of looks like her thumb is clipping through the staff...
When I look at it for a long time it looks really weird.
And then when I look at it for too long it starts to look normal.
EDIT: Oh, I was late.

Last edited:
Top Bottom