• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
She may not have been revealed this time but with Pit's FS now the 3 Sacred Treasures, Sakurai trolling us with the Pseudo-Palutena trophy and the leak I posted earlier gaining credibility, I'd say her chances for being a playable character are looking better than ever.

edit: Ninja'd.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well... at least we didn't die like a boatload of other characters did.

Pit's new Final Smash basically says she's coming though.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Oh man when I saw the green hair I almost flip s**t

Man I am so happy to see pseudo's dumb ugly face

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I really wish I recorded my reaction to that trophy reveal.

"Oh hey it's Palute- OH NOOOOOO, oh wait, that's not the same one, thank god."

Considering that Pit's new Final Smash has no signs of Palutena, and how Sakurai deliberately trolled us with Psuedo-Palutena, I feel like she's definitely confirmed at this point.

Starbound

I was screaming No when I saw the Pseudo-Palutena trophy

...and then he flipped it around.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So let's see what's there.

-New Back Shield item from KIU
-Palutena's Temple is the new giant stage
-Pit's epic light show of doom... err, 3ST as the new Final Smash
-Pseudo-Palutena as a trophy.

This increases Palutena's chances even more! And with the 3ds version coming this summer, it's only a matter of time. We still stand united my friends.

And yes, Sakurai's good at the trolling. That's why we love him so much (and for not disconfirming Palutena).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Palutena was just about the only character to get increased odds all around. Mewtwo has more competition, tonnes were stuck in assist trophies and Ridley aparently is too big.

No wait, King K. Rools chances are improved too, there were Kremlings in adventure mode showing that Sakurai hasn't forgotten the original Country games.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Palutena was just about the only character to get increased odds all around. Mewtwo has more competition, tonnes were stuck in assist trophies and Ridley aparently is too big.

No wait, King K. Rools chances are improved too, there were Kremlings in adventure mode showing that Sakurai hasn't forgotten the original Country games.
I think Ridley being too big definitely means King K. Rool is too big, and that he will be one of the 'boss' characters Sakurai described.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I wish she was confirmed but the next best thing everything is looking brighter and brighter for the goddess of light. Did anyone catch all the Palutena references?

I think Ridley being too big definitely means King K. Rool is too big, and that he will be one of the 'boss' characters Sakurai described.
K. Rool is about as Too Big as Bowser. That argument doesn't work.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just wanted to say congratulations. Palutena may not have been confirmed directly, but I think there's hardly any doubt that she's in now. There is WAY too much pointing to it.

That trophy... If anything it's far too obvious...

EDIT: You know, this could still be remembered as Divine Tuesday.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Palutena is without a doubt going to be playable. Sakurai was trolling and automatically revealed a big hint at the same time.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm not pro or anti Palutena really. I haven't played Uprising so I can't have a real opinion. But between Pit's changed final smash and the false Palutena trophy I'm pretty sure she's playable. GG guys.

Starbound

How much of the trophy resembles the model of Palutena in the leak?
It's honestly irrelevant at this point. Sal Romano's informant said she's in the game, and said informant has gotten five of the six newcomers correct. This is way more than just a lucky guess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What we need is Pit FS gifs (well I do). You can't tell me the light show + arrow storm wasn't epic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Why not? Til then, I gotta find someone who can make Pit gifs, since I want that FS one in my sig, somewhere.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Oh man that Psuedo Palutena Troll really got to me. Sakurai is having soo much fun right now. I feel like Palutena is definitely in at this point. Fingers crossed.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Something else I noticed that helps her case are the outlines. If you look closely Samurai Goroh's assist trophy has no outlines. So next time a detractor says she'll be an assist we can point out it's not the case.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I've noticed something else from the Direct: the KI:U Wii U stage was called "Palutena's Temple" in the American stream but in the European stream (which is the one I watched), the stage was simply called "Skyworld". I sense a pointless regional difference.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sakurai: asshole of the year award for that pseudo-Palutena scare.

Sorry she wasn't shown today (I would've sworn it'd be her), but hey! She's basically confirmed at this point.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The thing I'm worried about is her becoming a stage hazard for the temple like Viridi with the 3ds version.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What I said earlier was not a troll btw.

I was actually clicking between two tabs rapidly during the Direct, one for Youtube and one for the boards, and I didn't see the full Palutena trophy during that time... I feel kind of dumb now.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
To be fair, even if we did see her trophy that wouldn't exactly "confirm non-playable" as all the main characters have like 3 each. But it would be weird to show off her trophy before the character reveal. And I think this Direct did nothing but make her chances more likely, and while I'm fairly indifferent (she seems cool, but haven't played uprising yet so don't have a strong opinion either way) I think her chances are incredibly good.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
To be fair, even if we did see her trophy that wouldn't exactly "confirm non-playable" as all the main characters have like 3 each. But it would be weird to show off her trophy before the character reveal. And I think this Direct did nothing but make her chances more likely, and while I'm fairly indifferent (she seems cool, but haven't played uprising yet so don't have a strong opinion either way) I think her chances are incredibly good.
that's totally true, we collect trophies of playable characters too.

Still as for Kid Icarus trophies, they need a Viridi trophy on the 3ds version to make up for Phosphora being a Wii U trophy and this trophy of Palutena.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wasn't caught off by Pseudotena. Thought that it'd be her Classic-trophy.

Apparently not.

HOWEVER.

Sakurai. You have exposed yourself.

Pit's Final Smash wouldn't have made me happier either.

Let's keep moving forward guys. We've been blessed this night with even more assurance and proof that Paluteba will be soon show herself on the fighting turf!!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Someone brought this up in the rumors thread.

They pointed out that Mario above has more jagged hands and mustache, thoughts?

Top Bottom