• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-creation thread: Poker Night 3!

Should TF2 cosmetics be replaced with another game?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Fortnite 11
Like A Dragon 3
Multiversus 10
Street Fighter 6 3

Fortnite is the game that will primarily receive cosmetics

Well lets go over this real quick

These are the primary cosmetic categories in Fortnite
-Skins
-Backblings
-Pickaxes
-Gliders
-Contrails
-Wraps
-Emotes

For the sake of making this interesting Every character that could have a skin will have one
So for this thread, you will submit in the other categories.

Job 4 Submit a Like A Dragon Cosmetic for Fortnite

The eligible categories are
-Backblings - An item worn on the skins back
-Pickaxes - A melee weapon for Harvesting resources
-Gliders - self explanatory
-Contrails - A trail you leave in the sky as you are falling from the Battle Bus
-Wraps - A skin that goes over your weapons
-Emotes - Self Explanatory

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Wait, since Kazuma is one of the characters in Poker Night 3, does that mean there's going to be no female characters or does playing poker against them not count as fighting?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Glider: Nugget

There's been a Cacodemon from Doom as a glider, so I figure Nugget could be an option. (if gliders have to be a certain size, it could be "Giga Nugget" or some other name for a version of Nugget that's much larger than normal) When used as a glider, Nugget flaps his wings frantically like a Cucco does when Link carries one in the Legend of Zelda.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Pixaxe - Bike
A pretty common weapon in the LAD series. It would have to be sized down but I think it would be funny
Picking up phone emote
I'm going to suggest an Emote, which I'll just call "24 Hour Cinderella". It involves a (shortened) interpretation of the infamous dance that Majima does during the music video for the eponymous song.
Wrap - Kiryu's Dragon Tattoo

Trails: Fighting Styles
The colors will surround the player when falling
Glider: Nugget

There's been a Cacodemon from Doom as a glider, so I figure Nugget could be an option. (if gliders have to be a certain size, it could be "Giga Nugget" or some other name for a version of Nugget that's much larger than normal) When used as a glider, Nugget flaps his wings frantically like a Cucco does when Link carries one in the Legend of Zelda.
Bike (Pickaxe)
Picking up Phone (Emote)
24 Hour Cinderella (Emote)
Dragon Tattoo (Wrap)
Fighting Style (Contrail)
Nugget (Glider)

Vote for your top 3

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
1. Bike - Harvesting Tool
2. Nugget - Glider
3. Picking Up Phone - Emote

These are all gold, by the way. All the choices are either hilarious or really cool/creative.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Dragon Tattoo - Wrap
2. Bike - Harvesting Tool
3. Picking Up Phone - Emote

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Bike pickaxe
2. Pick Up Phone emote
3. Dragon Tattoo wrap

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bike (Pickaxe) 19
Picking up Phone (Emote) 11
24 Hour Cinderella (Emote)
Dragon Tattoo (Wrap) 8
Fighting Style (Contrail)
Nugget (Glider) 9

The Bike Pickaxe will be added as Kiryu's Item

Job 5

Submit the next player

The only rule is, no one from a Sega property

While it is not a rule, try to submit someone who is stylistically different from Kiryu. Again, not a rule.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Emmett "Doc" Brown (Back to the Future)

Presumably, this would be a Telltale game like the rest of the Poker Night series, so I figure there'd be at least one property that Telltale had been involved with in here. (since Poker Night 1 had Max from Sam & Max and Strong Bad, and Poker Night 2 had Sam from Sam & Max) While their games like the Walking Dead or Batman are likely more popular, their comedic games seem like a better fit for the tone.

Plus, he'd have all sorts of stories about his time traveling adventures (like a poker game with Jesse James that went horribly wrong, or meeting characters from the past or future of the other players, like Kiryu's adoptive father), and Back To The Future seems like it would lend itself well to unlockable table designs, decks, or background changes. (along with a recognizable theme that could be altered to be used as background music)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #005:
Character Name: Harleen Quinzel
Character Origin: Batman: The Animated Series, Episode 22 - "Joker's Favor" (1992)

I think the point that was made by Megadoomer, specifically about having a property Telltale were involved with present here, makes a lot of sense. However, I do also think it'd make sense to feature someone well-known and popular but a little unexpected - Harley Quinn! Prominently featured in Batman: the Telltale Series, she'd be a pretty decent pick - and might potentially be a little more interesting than just Batman himself or the Joker. (Though, I did initially consider Bane.) As for her design, you could really go any number of ways - whilst I initially considered going with her classic animated appearance, I'm suggesting her Telltale look because, well, this is a Telltale game, so... yeah.

Submission:

Since Halloween was over, I got something that

Frederick Charles Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
1698939122104.jpeg

"Welcome to primetime, *****!"
Frederick Charles Krueger, known as "Freddy Krueger" or "Springwood Slasher" is the main antagonist of Wes Craven's "A nightmare on Elm Street" supernatural slasher movies with the first movie coming out in 1984.

Freddy was born in Springwood after 100 maniacs that lived in mental asylum "attacked" her and his life wasn't all that good. His surrogate father "Edward Underwood" mistreated him like beating Freddy with belt (he died when Freddy killed him) and he was bullied by his classmates to the point he killed class pat hamster. He dropped out from high school and married to Loretta Krueger which his wife give birth to Katheryn Krueger (his daughter who became a psychologist) and he worked as technician at boiler room. When he didn't earned money so much, he started to kill children of people who bullied him as child and he was arrested.
However, he got released due to technicality and citizens of Springwood raided the building with boilers and burned him down with motolov cocktails and hid his remains in one of cars in the junkyard. When he got into hell, he contacted the 3 fish-looking dream demons who offer him dream-altering powers and he accepted it, becoming a "god" of nightmares in dream realm.

While he was killing teens in their dreams, some teens like Alice Johnson and Nancy Thompson stopped him, but they failed since he was immortal. When he managed to murder the children of parents who burned him down, he started to kill all the children in the town to the point where the town has became a place for insane people, but he was stopped by teens by blowing him up with a fire cracker (if he wasn't killed, he would leave the Springwood to find another town as he said "Every town has an elm street")

At the time where Springwood became normal, Freddy wanted to spread the carnage again by sending Jason to Springwood to murder them just to take Jason's credit and become a "demon of the town", but Hypnocil was invented to prevent people from dreaming and forgetting about Freddy (who is powered by belief and fear). However, he lost to Jason (kinda, since he was decapitated by Jason, but he winked, implying that he survived).

He also did stuff in comics like fighting Ash Williams and getting the necronomicon to take over the world via spreading death and carnage (he said in "Nightmare warriors" that "no kid should be left alive" as new policy, implying that he wants to drive humanity to extinction by cutting their genealogy trees. Kinda I guess since he is a insane person)

The reason why I submit Freddy Krueger is because his personality fits well for the game where people talk to each other while playing poker. Also he is an icon considering that he differs from lots of slashers as he is talkative and doesn't wear a mask unlike Michael Myers (not Mike Myers, mind you) or infamous Jason Voorhees.
Also who doesn't want to see Freddy interacting with Kiryu while bringing up stuff that Kiryu doesn't want to talk about and he would be the "gadfly" of the game.
(Also he would be voiced by Robert Englund himself)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Ren_Hoëk.png

Ren Höek
From the 90s cartoon Ren and Stimpy. R&S has the perfect over the top carton violence tone for something like this, he could have a lot of crazy animations and and would likely fill a roll a similar role to Sam\Max in the first two games. Plus that voice, you can just hear him loosing already. We know from Adult Party cartoon that R&S are not above getting involved in not child friendly pass times like gambling (though please let's try to draw form that version of the characters as little as possible). Idelay he would be joined by Stimpy in a background supporting role, but we can vote on that when it comes to it.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 5: Master Shake (Aqua Team Hunger Force)

Shake Zula, the Mic Rula, the Old Schoola.

He's a narcissistic, lazy, and horrible person who gives little regard to the well-being of others and is often seen as a jerk with little to no redeeming qualities. Despite this, he manages to be the most consistently funny character in the show (other than maybe Carl) thanks to how outlandish his schemes are and his fantastic voice and line delivery. I'd love to hear Dana Snyder break into one of Shake's classic rants as he's at the table, it's just too good of an idea to ignore.

I could definitely see him butting heads with the other characters a lot and trying to scam them, while making horrible decisions himself. He probably doesn't even know what poker is.

1698951147170.png

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
1698954207242.jpeg

Lupin the 3rd from Monkey Punch's Lupin the 3rd. Grandson of Arsene Lupin and like him, he's a gentlemen thief and the master of disguise. He has allies such as Jigen, Goemon, and his love interest, Fujiko Mine, although she sometimes betrays him for her own goal. He always gets chased by the law, especially Inspector Zenigata who wanted him to be captured.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 5: Jschlatt
Jschlatt launches 'Did Schlatt Win' debate podcast with first episode -  Dexerto

THERE HE IS, THERE"S MY FAVORITE WHITE BOY!

The moment I saw this thread, I knew I had to at least attempt to get Jschlatt in. He definitely has the personality for a game like this. For his design, I was going to do the SAD-ist Dream SMP design, but decided to go for his animated self for his "DID SCHLATT WIN?" videos.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 5: Boomstick (DEATH BATTLE)

He is the second host of the show. He could make puns and shoot at random moments.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rocket Racoon

Rocket is a beloved Marvel character nowadays who I could easily see in a game like this

Jay Sherman
View attachment 380088

An outspoken snob/slob hybrid who will not relent in making his opinions heard - seems like the perfect personality to put at the table, and makes for a second semi-obscure adult cartoon character after Brock Samson

Emmett "Doc" Brown (Back to the Future)

Presumably, this would be a Telltale game like the rest of the Poker Night series, so I figure there'd be at least one property that Telltale had been involved with in here. (since Poker Night 1 had Max from Sam & Max and Strong Bad, and Poker Night 2 had Sam from Sam & Max) While their games like the Walking Dead or Batman are likely more popular, their comedic games seem like a better fit for the tone.

Plus, he'd have all sorts of stories about his time traveling adventures (like a poker game with Jesse James that went horribly wrong, or meeting characters from the past or future of the other players, like Kiryu's adoptive father), and Back To The Future seems like it would lend itself well to unlockable table designs, decks, or background changes. (along with a recognizable theme that could be altered to be used as background music)
Job #005:
Character Name: Harleen Quinzel
Character Origin: Batman: The Animated Series, Episode 22 - "Joker's Favor" (1992)

I think the point that was made by Megadoomer, specifically about having a property Telltale were involved with present here, makes a lot of sense. However, I do also think it'd make sense to feature someone well-known and popular but a little unexpected - Harley Quinn! Prominently featured in Batman: the Telltale Series, she'd be a pretty decent pick - and might potentially be a little more interesting than just Batman himself or the Joker. (Though, I did initially consider Bane.) As for her design, you could really go any number of ways - whilst I initially considered going with her classic animated appearance, I'm suggesting her Telltale look because, well, this is a Telltale game, so... yeah.
Submission:

Since Halloween was over, I got something that

Frederick Charles Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
View attachment 380089

"Welcome to primetime, *****!"
Frederick Charles Krueger, known as "Freddy Krueger" or "Springwood Slasher" is the main antagonist of Wes Craven's "A nightmare on Elm Street" supernatural slasher movies with the first movie coming out in 1984.

Freddy was born in Springwood after 100 maniacs that lived in mental asylum "attacked" her and his life wasn't all that good. His surrogate father "Edward Underwood" mistreated him like beating Freddy with belt (he died when Freddy killed him) and he was bullied by his classmates to the point he killed class pat hamster. He dropped out from high school and married to Loretta Krueger which his wife give birth to Katheryn Krueger (his daughter who became a psychologist) and he worked as technician at boiler room. When he didn't earned money so much, he started to kill children of people who bullied him as child and he was arrested.
However, he got released due to technicality and citizens of Springwood raided the building with boilers and burned him down with motolov cocktails and hid his remains in one of cars in the junkyard. When he got into hell, he contacted the 3 fish-looking dream demons who offer him dream-altering powers and he accepted it, becoming a "god" of nightmares in dream realm.

While he was killing teens in their dreams, some teens like Alice Johnson and Nancy Thompson stopped him, but they failed since he was immortal. When he managed to murder the children of parents who burned him down, he started to kill all the children in the town to the point where the town has became a place for insane people, but he was stopped by teens by blowing him up with a fire cracker (if he wasn't killed, he would leave the Springwood to find another town as he said "Every town has an elm street")

At the time where Springwood became normal, Freddy wanted to spread the carnage again by sending Jason to Springwood to murder them just to take Jason's credit and become a "demon of the town", but Hypnocil was invented to prevent people from dreaming and forgetting about Freddy (who is powered by belief and fear). However, he lost to Jason (kinda, since he was decapitated by Jason, but he winked, implying that he survived).

He also did stuff in comics like fighting Ash Williams and getting the necronomicon to take over the world via spreading death and carnage (he said in "Nightmare warriors" that "no kid should be left alive" as new policy, implying that he wants to drive humanity to extinction by cutting their genealogy trees. Kinda I guess since he is a insane person)

The reason why I submit Freddy Krueger is because his personality fits well for the game where people talk to each other while playing poker. Also he is an icon considering that he differs from lots of slashers as he is talkative and doesn't wear a mask unlike Michael Myers (not Mike Myers, mind you) or infamous Jason Voorhees.
Also who doesn't want to see Freddy interacting with Kiryu while bringing up stuff that Kiryu doesn't want to talk about and he would be the "gadfly" of the game.
(Also he would be voiced by Robert Englund himself)
View attachment 380110
Ren Höek
From the 90s cartoon Ren and Stimpy. R&S has the perfect over the top carton violence tone for something like this, he could have a lot of crazy animations and and would likely fill a roll a similar role to Sam\Max in the first two games. Plus that voice, you can just hear him loosing already. We know from Adult Party cartoon that R&S are not above getting involved in not child friendly pass times like gambling (though please let's try to draw form that version of the characters as little as possible). Idelay he would be joined by Stimpy in a background supporting role, but we can vote on that when it comes to it.
Job 5: Master Shake (Aqua Team Hunger Force)

Shake Zula, the Mic Rula, the Old Schoola.

He's a narcissistic, lazy, and horrible person who gives little regard to the well-being of others and is often seen as a jerk with little to no redeeming qualities. Despite this, he manages to be the most consistently funny character in the show (other than maybe Carl) thanks to how outlandish his schemes are and his fantastic voice and line delivery. I'd love to hear Dana Snyder break into one of Shake's classic rants as he's at the table, it's just too good of an idea to ignore.

I could definitely see him butting heads with the other characters a lot and trying to scam them, while making horrible decisions himself. He probably doesn't even know what poker is.

View attachment 380111
Job 5: Muscle Man (Regular Show)

View attachment 380113
"And you know who is submitted?,MY MOM!"

Muscle Man is one of the main characters from a Cartoon Network show Regular Show,he is a guy who makes mom jokes and have a girlfriend called Starla

I wanted to submit Brody Foxx,but i think that Muscle man is allright
View attachment 380114

Lupin the 3rd from Monkey Punch's Lupin the 3rd. Grandson of Arsene Lupin and like him, he's a gentlemen thief and the master of disguise. He has allies such as Jigen, Goemon, and his love interest, Fujiko Mine, although she sometimes betrays him for her own goal. He always gets chased by the law, especially Inspector Zenigata who wanted him to be captured.
Job 5: Jschlatt
Jschlatt launches 'Did Schlatt Win' debate podcast with first episode -  Dexerto'Did Schlatt Win' debate podcast with first episode -  Dexerto

THERE HE IS, THERE"S MY FAVORITE WHITE BOY!

The moment I saw this thread, I knew I had to at least attempt to get Jschlatt in. He definitely has the personality for a game like this. For his design, I was going to do the SAD-ist Dream SMP design, but decided to go for his animated self for his "DID SCHLATT WIN?" videos.
Job 5: Boomstick (DEATH BATTLE)

He is the second host of the show. He could make puns and shoot at random moments.
Jay Sherman (The Critic)
Doc Brown (Back To The Future)
Harleen Quinzel (Batman)
Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare On Elm Street)
Ren Hoek (Ren and Stimpy)
Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Muscle Man (Regular Show)
Lupin III (Lupin the Third)
Jschlatt (Youtube)
Boomstick (Death Battle)
Rocket Racoon (Guardians Of The Galaxy)

Vote for your top 4

I absolutely love this selection, this is the exact chaotic energy I was hoping for.

Top Bottom