• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Millified Luca

Milln

Smash Champion
Sup guyz. Just got back from Kumite. I'm on a friend's computer just so I could tell you all about it and how I did because you know I heart you all so much. <3

First. It was AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME I got to meet lots of cool people and hang out and made friends and I even have a couple places I can go to play for competitive smashers for better practice than what I have around here. =D

About placing, lemme john real quick. Sweaty hands john. All the matches I lost I should NOT have lost. I should have made it to at least semifinals. But eh, what can you do. First big tournament and I choked a bit. BUT ARRRRGH it makes me so frustrated I should've done a lot better.

Scenario1: You press C-stick for fsmash that would kill a Dedede. Sweatypalmjohns make you upsmash instead and it whiffs and Lucario dances for an hour and gets crunched by a mallet. =\

Scenario 2: You can't kill this Wario because your faster moves are too stale and you're both at very high percentage with him being higher than you. Crowd's cheering for you and you notice the clock has ten seconds left. You decide to run out the clock. At four seconds you fat finger and whiff an Aura Sphere and Wario back airs you and you die. =\

Scenario 3: You're recovering against Luigi's Mansion and you just flatout mess up and hit the ceiling under the lip cause you did it too late. =\

Unhappiness aside, I got lots of compliments and did destroy tons of face. For the compliments, see my new sig.

Anyway. None of my matches were recorded so that's a downer, but i'll see about heading over to a new friend's place and recording some matches with him.

The results for my first actual big tournament?

14th out of 47 people. Rawk. It's because I didn't have my Lucario shirt, that's why. XD I'll have it for next time and then get stomp on everyone's face. Smashers in Tennessee (and in general) are awesome people.

Did you guys find out anything in the past three days?
I got the chance to test some stuff in friendlies. I tried reverse Pseudo-sticking an aura sphere from the ledge and got Knee of Justice'd so.. uh... >,> Only do it if you have a sphere already half charged. I did get him with the sphere but it wasn't large enough so it didn't stick him before the knee came out.

ExtremeStop2 confuses people and works if you have exhausted all your options. Doesn't work on Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

Keeping a sphere almost fully charged is the best mind game ever. Can fire it with pretty much full power and you can still use it to charge on people. Gawd I love Aura Sphere.

I'll try to keep in touch. Connection from my LCD to my computer (Motherboard) is down for the count so I have to get it repaired.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Sounds awesome; 14 sounds nice considering the mistakes you stated. Messing up still sucks though -- one time I actually lost a match by throwing a close-range Gordo at a Wolf and getting it reflected back at me; multiple times I've slipped up on Extreme Speed and missed a wallcling from curving it at the wrong moment. But I guess that just teaches you what to work on I guess. I'll probably finally get to start going to tournies also in the fall and maybe find some people to play with then.

I was going to test out some things over the weekend, but I kind of picked up EO2 and I need to grind my Hexers to level 13... so I guess Brawl is off for a few days.

Timbers

check me out
Very cool, glad you had fun Milln.

AND THE SHIRT YOU WOULD HAVE WON SO EASILY. Wear it next time =3

Been experimenting with Lucario's ES on stage. I'm sure you're well aware how you can curve it to get no lag when used midair. Problem still is getting is timed near perfectly, as you get that crummy landing lag if not. I like the potential of it, as it does mix it up. Approach with fair, but if the shield goes up, you DI away and then pivot-ES behind them. Basically the extreme stop or extreme speed on ground, but you can mindgame it into your air game much better than on the ground.

I don't know if it's even worth using, but I want to check it out. Lucario's approach is kind of..meh.

Milln

Smash Champion
Yeah. I was absolutely dominating in all the other matches. Even in the matches I messed up I had the upper hand in, but then you SD or make a mistake that costs you an entire second and you lose a stock. It's horrible. XD I'll have the shirt by next time so i'll definitely wear it and then that'll propel me to victory on its own. =3

I even met another Lucario user that watched all my videos and was ecstatic to fight me. He was pretty good, makes me happy that I know I'm helping Luc players. <3

Hmmmm...sounds like you had much fun Milln. Way to represent Lucario!

P-Sticking is very fun. One of the funniest things to do is jump backwards towards them with an ALMOST fully charged AS and then pseudo stick so you move away from them and turn towards them. They usually either put up their shield if they've seen you do it before or run right into it. If they put their shield up, well...that's why it's ALMOST fully charged, because then you can sit there and just charge it to max and then wait for them to roll/spot dodge or for their shield to wear down and then launch it. Just don't p-stick too far away from them, or it loses the intimidation factor. Works best at higher percentages, because the ball gets so big they can't spot dodge the entire thing. Either that or have one almost fully charged on the ledge then jump backwards and land on the stage and blast them like you did. Or turn around and charge it in their face if they are too close to the ledge. That's not recommended until higher percents though, when the ball can actually reach and engulf your opponent.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Good to see you again Infi-tan.

dr00

Smash Apprentice
YES, pink lucario is god tier. you must unlock its power.

nice compliments in your sig lol. especially the first one

tedward2000

Smash Champion
(thumbs up Milln)
Way to go!
First major tourney too.
And, I hate stupid mistakes like that too. One tourney I did, for some reason Extremespeed kept failing me. It was not fun in the slightest. Ended up getting 6th...
Anywho, good jorb!
-t2

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, does someone want to explain to me how this shirt business is working? I've asked several times, but have never really gotten a straight answer. For one, are we able to order these shirts? And if so, from whom? How much do they cost, etc? Someone wanna fill me in?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, does someone want to explain to me how this shirt business is working? I've asked several times, but have never really gotten a straight answer. For one, are we able to order these shirts? And if so, from whom? How much do they cost, etc? Someone wanna fill me in?
Step 1. http://www.zazzle.com/lucario_instant_win_nurocustom_customized_shirt-235835881096742299

Step 2. Make a Zazzle Account

Step 3. Customize Shirt

Step 4. Order Shirt.

Step 5. ????

Step 6. Profit!

Oh, and I don't get sweatypalmsjohns, but I do accidentally usmash when I could've fsmashed for a kill... ;=;

But 14 out of 47 is still pretty darn good, I'd think. <<

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Just ordered mine, Like 5 minuets ago.
Kita said everything but... the price
its $27.94, thats normal 2-5 business day shipping cost.
the max you have to pay for fastest shipping is $9 and you get it two days.
-t2

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I am unfamiliar of how the item bonuses work on this game as I have never played it. But I have tried anyways. It must be submitted because I want it to!

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
You forgot the important step of CHANGE THE NAME ON THE BACK OF THE SHIRT, Kita.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I am unfamiliar of how the item bonuses work on this game as I have never played it. But I have tried anyways. It must be submitted because I want it to!

(speechless)

That gets a gold star, no questions asked.
The awesomeness of Lucario is spreading into other games even as we speak.
-t2

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Way to go, Milln!

I've yet to attend a (Brawl) tourny. And I always get sweatypalmjohns.

You know, I was looking for the which stats that shirt boosts. Thanks for that list Xavant.

THANK YOU KITAMERBY! I actually know what I'm doing now. You're a lifesaver.

Oh and btw, where did you guys find that picture of Lucario? It's pretty interesting, but seriously, where'd it come from? Did you photoshop it?

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Nice one on the WoW thing Xavant. Reminds me of that South Park Episode...

Speaking of which....

Good song for Lucky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvpzForHyU

*Is hoping for a hat trick of epic's in a week*

One for first post, one for Pink Lucky vid, One for song C'MON!!!!

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Funny, I'm going to my first Smash tournament ever in a week.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, but I can't promise Meta Knight's not going to be running the show for me... >>

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Its cool that u had some funtastic time Milln. Dont worry about those silly mistakes because the make u enter into panic mode or heart arrest mode so just keep it cool.

btw... thats a very cool sprite JDgreat

Hey...you guys won't kill me if I move the name somewhere, will you? I mean, we'll it's not like I'm gonna break the Lucario bonding if I move it, right?!?

Sadly, everyone in Cali. does play Snake. Or Rob. Or Falco. Or anyone but Lucario.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Hey...you guys won't kill me if I move the name somewhere, will you? I mean, we'll it's not like I'm gonna break the Lucario bonding if I move it, right?!?
Why not move it? If you would prefer it somewhere else on the back thats fine -- its your own shirt. ^_^

Timbers

check me out
We'll kick you out of our circle >: \!!!

I can't believe this shirt idea got created so quickly. lol.

I was half-kidding with that one. But only half-kidding. I knew you would kick me out!! Boy...that one must have made me sound like a complete noob. Can't have that.

Anyways, my shirt's ordered. Now I'm guaranteed to win the 4 corners tourney that's happening in 4 days. YES!! I'm takin' Forward out, and...a lot of other good people. *Gulp*JK. No but seriously, with those stamina boosts, I shall propel Lucario to victory.

Milln

Smash Champion
I was half-kidding with that one. But only half-kidding. I knew you would kick me out!! Boy...that one must have made me sound like a complete noob. Can't have that.

Anyways, my shirt's ordered. Now I'm guaranteed to win the 4 corners tourney that's happening in 4 days. YES!! I'm takin' Forward out, and...a lot of other good people. *Gulp*JK. No but seriously, with those stamina boosts, I shall propel Lucario to victory.
They'll see the shirt and faint and get Ultimate Win Poisoning and have to leave. Making you the victor, undefeated.

...... I need some Lucario pants, now. Not pants styled after Luca's, i'd die from Awesome Overdose. Just like, pants with Lucario or something on 'em.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
...... I need some Lucario pants, now. Not pants styled after Luca's, i'd die from Awesome Overdose. Just like, pants with Lucario or something on 'em.
No, we must go with the first one! Time to get someone who can sew... well!

And did your shirt come in yet?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
They'll see the shirt and faint and get Ultimate Win Poisoning and have to leave. Making you the victor, undefeated.

pants...
then its socks, shoes, burlap sacks, head gear, suits, watches, cars, buildings, names of new borns.

Lucario apparel line, 50% cotton, 50% pure awesome, 50% Aura.
-t2

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
I could post my Epic Thread picture here...problem is, no Lucario on it....hmm....Gimme a sec

EDIT: No can do. Can't edit the pic. I'll have to make one myself.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Congrats on 14th. Ermm Lucario boards... I picked up Lucario about last week, and I don't main him, but he's my secondary :3

If I buy a shirt, i'll still be accepted right?
lolz

Ya know? I think we oughts to make a Lucario hoodie like this T-shirt. I for one would use it a whole lot more than the T-shirt. What do you guys think of that, Milln and Nurotasama?

Top Bottom