• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Olimar only has one Pikmin in this screenshot.

Sakurai confirmed to have cut Olimar's Pikmin down to one due to 3DS difficulties.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
The site still has that Pit picture... For me anyway...

Edit: Oop, there it goes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reminds me of Garrymon

"That's not a spaceship that's a-" BOOM! "Experamental bomb!"
*cough*

Keeshu

Smash Ace
So...

What does this mean for Olimar's Final Smash?
His smash could still stay around. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a game just have an ultimate attack, and an item that is just a mini-version of that ultimate attack being around at the same time.

It could always be changed to something else. I like the idea of a swarm of pikmin coming out of no where for a short amount of time to beat up stuff. But I'm sure there's a lot of other idea they could do for Olimar.

Though if they were to change Olimar's smash, I would have to ask why? Is it because they'd want to get rid of annoying camera adjusting smashes? Would they change some other smashes?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
His smash could still stay around. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a game just have an ultimate attack, and an item that is just a mini-version of that ultimate attack being around at the same time.

It could always be changed to something else. I like the idea of a swarm of pikmin coming out of no where for a short amount of time to beat up stuff. But I'm sure there's a lot of other idea they could do for Olimar.

Though if they were to change Olimar's smash, I would have to ask why? Is it because they'd want to get rid of annoying camera adjusting smashes? Would they change some other smashes?

Maybe it's because Olimar's original FS was too easy to use and get kills with. You needed to be Pit of Meta Knight to avoid taking damage at all. I could imagine other Final Smashes changing. I imagine Pit would have an Uprising based one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know if anyone noticed, but this new Hocotate ship item is smaller than the real Hocotate ship.

Compare this picture from Brawl with today's picture.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If it was his final smash, wouldn't he be glowing?

I'm guessing a new item. Regardless, this is a type of picture I was talking about!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it was his final smash, wouldn't he be glowing?

I'm guessing a new item. Regardless, this is a type of picture I was talking about!
Judging by Sakurai's description, it looks like this is going to be an item.

Olimar is in his standing animation with no glowing from a Final Smash. Sakurai stated it's a bomb shaped like Olimar's spaceship, which would explain its smaller size: it's a fake. Sounds like it's going to be one of those heavier items like Crates and Barrels.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
"Pic of the day. Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship. After liftoff, it will drop down when you least expect it." Sounds pretty difficult to hit someone with that. Well, its not like I could come up with a better item from Pikmin and I do love explosives. I feel bad when he shows off these cool features that I'm gonna turn off right away.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
"Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship."

That means that it can be smaller because it is not Olimar's ship... come on, man.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only one reminded of that scene in Spongebob, where Spongebob and Patrick were trying to build Spongebob's pineapple home but creates a downsized model of it instead?

Ah well...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Am I the only one reminded of that scene in Spongebob, where Spongebob and Patrick were trying to build Spongebob's pineapple home but creates a downsized model of it instead?

Ah well...
Nah you're not the only one, I even imagined Sonic with a big bandage wrapped around his thumb.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's probably still gonna be End of the Day despite the Hocotate Bomb being an item.

:laugh:
Thats what im thinking item 4 is a fraud version of olimars ship but i think olimar still has his final smash i mean his ship is a bigger version of it but with the slugs doing some damage too every one and you can controll where it lands

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It is confirmed to be called "Hocotate Bomb"? because sakurai said a "bomb shaped like a spaceship" maybe he was referring to the way the Spaceship WORKS, but, oh well, i cant deny that sakurai is giving us headaches.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Semi-random fun fact: in a combination of pictures, CG & game play scenes, Mario was showed off exactly 50 times for Smash 4 on the day of e3. Stumbled across that as I was working on the update list, thought it was pretty cool.

You know, I wouldn't mind playing as Louie. Other Captains for alternate skins? Sounds realistic to me. Maybe Olimar and Louie would share a character slot, and the other three captains could share another separate slot which would make use of the new Pikmin. I still find it rather odd that none of the new Pikmin have been shown yet.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
...why in the world is the ship a rocket bomb? I don't get it. If Sakurai wanted an item to represent Pikmin, why not use the sprays instead of re-skinning an item from Kid Icarus Uprising?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, I like how none of you people have even once considered the possibility of this being a new B-move. ¦D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well one thing nobody notices that the ridley thread. This helps ridley if olimar has a different final smash but very slim chance olimar gets a different one. But this picture still shows sakurai does not care about character sizes again olimar is almost as tall as sonic again. And olimar real size is about the size of a dime

And its a big coincidence that its on the pyrosphere stage

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
This picture means nothing for Ridley's chances. Don't read into it too hard.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Since Pikmin Chain was kind of... unhelpful, it's possible this is Olimar's new recovery, and this is him after landing. The spaceship could be similar to Sonic Spring, as it stays on the battlefield, but instead of just spawning underneath you and staying there, it comes with you to wherever you want to go. I think it's basically a combination of Diddy's Rocketbarrel and Sonic's Spring/Mega Man's Rush Coil.

Of course, it could be a bomb item that makes no sense whatsoever in either Pikmin's universe or the Smash Bros. universe and would be made up on the spot to represent a series, but who am I to judge?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Of course, it could be a bomb item that makes no sense whatsoever in either Pikmin's universe or the Smash Bros. universe and would be made up on the spot to represent a series, but who am I to judge?

Why would it need to make sense in those universes? This is Smash Bros. The fire flowers don't act like flamethrowers in the Mario games, deku nuts don't do damage in the Zelda games, warp stars don't act as an attack in the Kirby games, etc. I don't even think I have to mention how a lot of the characters' movesets completely break the rules for how they function in their actual games so to say "it doesn't make sense" is kind of a moot argument.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well one thing nobody notices that the ridley thread does this helps ridley if olimar has a different final smash but very slim chance olimar gets a different one but this picture still shows sakurai does not care about character sizes again olimar is almost as tall as sonic again and olimar real size is about the size of a dime

And its a big coincidence that its on the pyrosphere stage

man I don't normally do this, but you gotta use punctuation... This post is next to unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom