• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not new but at least it's interesting. So I guess you can go back to them after you've planted them to water them and then chop them down? That's kind of cool because you're literally planting a smash attack on the stage that you can decide to use whenever. It looks really powerful too so I imagine that you can only plant one tree at a time but, at the same time, it's like a mix between Snake's mines and Ike's fsmash so it can really pay off if used right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least the Villager is only chopping down trees that he grew. However, I think that the amount of frames required to do all of this can prove to be a fatal flaw, much like how long Ganondorf's Warlock Punch takes to be executed.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If he can plant it or water it and leave it alone it becomes viable depending on how long it can stay out.
If he has to do all three in succession, that move is absolutely terrible.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
We literally got something new yesterday and Thursday yet people are complaining already...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If he can plant it or water it and leave it alone it becomes viable depending on how long it can stay out.
If he has to do all three in succession, that move is absolutely terrible.

Sakurai using the term "tactics" makes me think you can go back to it because it's hard to be crafty with a freakishly slow move. I guess you could use it to edge guard while your opponent tries to get back to the stage from far away since it seems hard to avoid due to the tree's sheer size. I'd hate for such a creative move to wind up becoming wholly impractical due to its set up time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai using the term "tactics" makes me think you can go back to it because it's hard to be crafty with a freakishly slow move.
Sakurai using the term "tactics" makes me laugh. ¦D

Kinda curious as to how long it takes to set the thing up, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai using the term "tactics" makes me laugh. ¦D

Kinda curious as to how long it takes to set the thing up, though.
As said before, a interesting attack arises.. it could be that after the tree is planted, then the Villager can leave it, then come back to prep it some more, so it's like Snake's mine mixed with a Falcon Punch....

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As said before, a interesting attack arises.. it could be that after the tree is planted, then the Villager can leave it, then come back to prep it some more, so it's like Snake's mine mixed with a Falcon Punch....
That sounds so much more badass and manly than this move probably will actually be.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I want to know if the axe and the water are different techniques, i want to use the axe as a smash attack.
That could also mean the tree can grow as its own or with help, changing the damage, knockback or size in function of the time you spend on it.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Something to consider, in Animal crossing when you cut down a tree you hit it 2 times.
It may be possible to hit it once then leave it, then twice when you're ready to use it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Anybody thought of it being....Special>Taunt>Smash. It wouldn't be the first time a taunt isn't useless.

I want to know if the axe and the water are different techniques, i want to use the axe as a smash attack.
That could also mean the tree can grow as its own or with help, changing the damage, knockback or size in function of the time you spend on it.

The axe might be a smash attack and the watering can a taunt.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
What if we are able to make our own little photo strips using the screenshots taken in game? It would be a fun little feature, especially if you could post them to Miiverse. I can already imagine the possibilities. ~

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
I feel like everybody is forgetting the video that's linked on the website. Click on the movie list, go to the Developer Direct, and skip to 3:40. Setting up the tree itself is actually pretty quick, but chopping it down does take 2 tries, so it's a lot slower, but once the tree is set up, I'm assuming it just stays there for a certain amount of time.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I feel like everybody is forgetting the video that's linked on the website. Click on the movie list, go to the Developer Direct, and skip to 3:40. Setting up the tree itself is actually pretty quick, but chopping it down does take 2 tries, so it's a lot slower, but once the tree is set up, I'm assuming it just stays there for a certain amount of time.

Well...if you go to the smash bros website and go to pikachu, in one of his pictures you can see him doing it's down taunt near Villager's tree.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
So what happens if you try to plant a tree when you already have one somewhere else? Does nothing happen, or do you replace your old tree with your new one?

I like the way the move looks, regardless. If the tree does act as a physical obstacle, it can probably be used defensively to control fighting space.

TAnd courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. ¦(
No. Don't say that.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I think you all need to see the devloper direct again where he showcases the move.

From watching it a few times I can tell that it looks like you don't have to do this all at one time.

1. When he plants the seed he goes into crouching animation which means he doesn't have to go strait into watering it.

2. Now I'm not 100% sure about this and sakurai is good at fulling with people's common sense but I don't think once the tree has been watered part of the attack would be to force villager to walk up and cut it right away. I honestly do think it is an obstacle.

Watch the developer direct again and you will see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ around 3:41 is when the attack is shown.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Don't you guys think today's pic was the most Dojo-y update we've gotten so far?

It's probably the multi-pic aspect that made me remember the pre-Brawl days.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would have liked this picture to be photoshopped or maybe made with three different Villagers to show those phases of the move in the same moment on the stage. I don't know if I'm explained myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom