• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why would it need to make sense in those universes? This is Smash Bros. The fire flowers don't act like flamethrowers in the Mario games, deku nuts don't do damage in the Zelda games, warp stars don't act as an attack in the Kirby games, etc. I don't even think I have to mention how a lot of the characters' movesets completely break the rules for how they function in their actual games so to say "it doesn't make sense" is kind of a moot argument.
Deku Nuts can kill spiders in Zelda, so that's a lie. NEVER BELIEVE THIS GUY AGAIN :troll:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Another proof that Sakurai doesn't give a f**k about the size's bulls***.

I mean, there's Olimar in front of this ship.
And this ship is from Pikmin 2.
And it was also used in Brawl as Olimar's FS, which was also about 3 times taller than him.

Besides, that screenshot is taken in the Other M stage.

Reference get ?
Actually, Sakurai explicitly said it wasn't Olimar's ship, just a bomb that looks like his ship.
Speaking of which, when are we gonna get a non-bomb item? I would love to see how the Beam Sword looks, but any normal projectile or melee weapon would be spectacular.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, Sakurai explicitly said it wasn't Olimar's ship, just a bomb that looks like his ship.
Speaking of which, when are we gonna get a non-bomb item? I would love to see how the Beam Sword looks, but any normal projectile or melee weapon would be spectacular.
Well, we've gotten two so far... so I'd say one is in your future!

EDIT: A melee weapon that is.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Wow, this is only the 2nd item confirmed so far... there's just still SO much about this game we don't know. :upsidedown:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow, this is only the 2nd item confirmed so far... there's just still SO much about this game we don't know. :upsidedown:
4th actually.

The capsule and Smash Ball have been shown.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's good and bad. Good in that we get to be fully surprised and immersed when we get the game. Bad that people are getting fed up with the pictures. Though this picture was certainly a good start to the week.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I think we're gonna get a Masked Man reveal tomorrow, it being The 5th of November and all.

Oh! That's right, Sakurai's not British.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November, the day we saw Toon Link making bug eyes at Pit's man-skirt.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think he means the actual playable Toon Link on Spirit Tracks so we can see him next to the other Toon Link.
Nevermind. Went back to the picture I was thinking about.

Forgot it was Normal Link who was next to the Spirit Tracks TLink.

Sorry. XD

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Am I the only one reminded of that scene in Spongebob, where Spongebob and Patrick were trying to build Spongebob's pineapple home but creates a downsized model of it instead?

Ah well...

Pyrosphere hazard confirmed to be Frigate Orpheon clone.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Maybe Olimar will have the same final smash but this time he'll use the S.S. Dolphin (his ship from Pikmin 1) instead of the ship from Pikmin 2 that he uses in his final smash/the ship that this bomb is designed after. Mostly just wishful thinking on my part since I like the Dolphin.

D

Deleted member

A 3-part image of Villager's tree attack.

With no border (despite being of the Wii U game).

Sakurai's changing **** up again.

EDIT: Never mind. Border's been added.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
WHY IS THE SHOVEL GREEN?!?!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Tactics like never before indeed. Wonder what happens if you plant it right next to an edge. It'd be neat if you can edge guard with it in a way.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This strongly implies that the move must be used three times total before the tree can be knocked down for damage. I highly expected that it would be executed in a similar manner to Snake's D-special since it was first shown and now I'm convinced it's the case. and so I'm guessing the attack deals very heavy damage and/or knockback. This also indicates that the tree can be passed through.

Though actually, that may not be the case, seeing as how the Villager may be able to bury players. Edgeguarding comes to mind too. In most situations, the attack would prove ineffective.

Tesh

Smash Hero
We've seen his entire moveset already, kind of a lame picture, but nice caption.

I strongly feel that they've used Snake's character design as inspiration for Villager's moveset. His lunging dash attack and projectile upsmash will likely combine for a similarly fun DACUS. I'm seeing him as a pretty tactical character with traps that might baffle people for years (like Snake did).

His A attacks are alot more enjoyable than Snake's "i'll just kick everything from too far away" moveset. His range and weight are likely to be more fair than Snake too.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nothing new but Villager is really shaping up to be the most interesting newcomer so far.
What have you seen of his specials?
Balloon Fighter was probably the recovery right? And that gyro missile maybe his side-B. This is possibly his normal special, or maybe a combination of down and side B. Like, side B is an axe attack, but if you combine it with down B (planting and watering a tree) it becomes a different move. Would be neat.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wonder if popped balloons will be able to hurt people like an abandoned cypher.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wonder if popped balloons will be able to hurt people like an abandoned cypher.
I don't remember how Tingle's balloon worked on Great Bay in Melee. From what I remember, it knocked you a little but made no damage right?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't remember how Tingle's balloon worked on Great Bay in Melee. From what I remember, it knocked you a little but made no damage right?
You could stand on it for a few seconds, but it sinks as long as you are on it and pops after a few seconds. It will also pop if hit by an attack. Either way, anyone close enough to it when it pops will get damaged a little.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's nothing new, but Villager hasn't been shown much as of late. I'm 50-50 on it.

We've seen his entire moveset already, kind of a lame picture, but nice caption.

I strongly feel that they've used Snake's character design as inspiration for Villager's moveset. His lunging dash attack and projectile upsmash will likely combine for a similarly fun DACUS. I'm seeing him as a pretty tactical character with traps that might baffle people for years (like Snake did).

His A attacks are alot more enjoyable than Snake's "i'll just kick everything from too far away" moveset. His range and weight are likely to be more fair than Snake too.

Yeah. But Snake is Snake. I much prefer the tactical espionage badass supersoldier. His Aerial combo kicks and Heel Drop of doom are sick, but the rest were a bit boring I can admit. His Dair could have been an Elbow drop that was slow if you missed, but if you hit them while they are on the ground Snake pins them to the ground with his elbow and gives them a punch. his Uair could have been the Stun upper cut, kind of how Snake had the Stun Knife in Metal Gear Solid 4. His Back air was fine as a backwards drop kick. Needless to say his ground moves were excellent.

Man, I really want Snake back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom