• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, people, place your bets! Who's gonna be in tomorrow's picture?

I'm guessing Peach or Kirby.
Either the 3DS corner logo or the Wii U one.

And now I have no possible way of losing this bet. ¦D

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, when can I expect the update? I know it's very early in the morning, but it's Daylight Savings Time in the West, so I don't really know.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Okay, people, place your bets! Who's gonna be in tomorrow's picture?

I'm guessing Peach or Kirby.
And here we have TumblrFamous taking MaskO'Gears' place as the bet announcer... wow. :troll:

I predict Kirby or Olimar. Call'in it!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I predict Pikachu. Everyone could use more Pikachu. Or Donkey Kong, we haven't seen much of him for a while.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So just because one character that didn't get in means that my entire logic is false? I said that Sakurai looks at polls and it is considered during development. That's why we got Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, etc.

Maybe he'll finally add Ridley. But just because a character is high on the polls does not mean they will get in. I meant they'll be considered. I think Palutena and Ridley have been considered for Smash due to their placings on the polls.
I was just playing, but in an actual argument you do need qualifiers or your logic won't hold. Again just playing and I could see it going either way, but there really is no pattern or logic so who knows.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Well, the picture is up, but I have no idea what the deal is. It looks like a ship from Pikmin on the Pyrosphere except it's way too small compared to Olimar. It could be some kind of item, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it would do. I'm not having an easy time finding the comment or even anyone discussing the picture; people may be thrown off by daylight savings. Anyone have any guesses?

EDIT: I keep reloading to see if the miiverse link is going to go live, and the picture is randomly changing back and forth between the new one and the one from last week. This is weird.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you could screencap it, perhaps I may assist. I'm still seeing Friday's update.

Not gonna lie, a Pyrosphere pic would be a pretty decent birthday gift from Sakurai.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, the picture is up, but I have no idea what the deal is. It looks like a ship from Pikmin on the Pyrosphere except it's way too small compared to Olimar. It could be some kind of item, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it would do. I'm not having an easy time finding the comment or even anyone discussing the picture; people may be thrown off by daylight savings. Anyone have any guesses?

EDIT: I keep reloading to see if the miiverse link is going to go live, and the picture is randomly changing back and forth between the new one and the one from last week. This is weird.
My picture didn't update yet, it is still Pit.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Stickers? Maybe the stage is just a background?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
New item apparently LOL, it works in an interesting way. I played Pikmin 3 but I don't remember anything like this, I suppose it's an original idea.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, we have confirmation it's an item.

Sakurai said:
"Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship. After liftoff, it will drop down when you least expect it."
This sounds like a fun one too though perhaps one of those that doesn't work well on certain stages, in particular those with high platforms or lots of vertical geography in general.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
On a related note, I have to mention that this hour earlier thing is pretty awesome. At first these were 3 AM for me, then they became 2 AM a while back (why I'm still not sure), and now it seems we might be getting them at 1 AM as a standard time thanks to daylight savings pushing everything back an hour. I suppose it's not super huge for me (I was up at 3 AM all the time in the first place), but I'm always a fan of having to wait less!

Also this is an obligatory post pointing out that this picture showed us something new. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, right?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
On a related note, I have to mention that this hour earlier thing is pretty awesome. At first these were 3 AM for me, then they became 2 AM a while back (why I'm still not sure), and now it seems we might be getting them at 1 AM as a standard time thanks to daylight savings pushing everything back an hour. I suppose it's not super huge for me (I was up at 3 AM all the time in the first place), but I'm always a fan of having to wait less!

Also this is an obligatory post pointing out that this picture showed us something new. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, right?
I get it at midnight. Even better for me! :D

It's certainly interesting...it looks really odd, though.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman

They first became early at the same time the Miiverse comments were made public. By posting the comment earlier they can prepare the link on the actual site on time,

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Whenever Olimar shows up in a pic, something new pops up within the day. We had the Luigi and Sonic reveals. And now we have this rocket item that acts like the bomb rocket in Kid Icarus Uprising. Oli's gotta stop this, otherwise we're all gonna get suspicious when he shows up.

Sonic looks positively Classic in that pose.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

That's the message. So is it an item? But then from the way it sounds, it reminds me of Uprising's Boom Rocket, except weaker.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point but THIS GAME, IS GORGEOUS. The models alone are such a pleasure to look at.

D

Deleted member

Another proof that Sakurai doesn't give a f**k about the size's bulls***.

I mean, there's Olimar in front of this ship.
And this ship is from Pikmin 2.
And it was also used in Brawl as Olimar's FS, which was also about 3 times taller than him.

Besides, that screenshot is taken in the Other M stage.

Reference get ?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What does this mean for Olimar's Final Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom