• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd think the tree planting move may also be pretty good at protecting yourself against projectiles no? Unless it's pretty fragile and breaks easily I guess.... :/

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, I like the picture. He's actually showing moves instead of randomness.

I looked at the Developer Direct of him with the tree. It seems as if the planting and watering are one move, possibly the down special. Chopping it down seems like a forward smash. Then again, all speculation.

But these last three pictures have been pretty good. I'm enjoying he's putting effort into this month.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
My guess is that planting, watering and cutting with the axe are all the same special move.

If you're near a tree, you use the axe.
If you're near a sapling, you use the watering can.
If you aren't near a tree or sapling, you plant the tree (and it probably won't work if you already have a specific number of trees).

I doubt Nintendo will want the Villager swinging his axe like a maniac, so it will probably only be usable near a tree. This is a family game, people. :laugh:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My guess is that planting, watering and cutting with the axe are all the same special move.

If you're near a tree, you use the axe.
If you're near a sapling, you use the watering can.
If you aren't near a tree or sapling, you plant the tree (and it probably won't work if you already have a specific number of trees).

I doubt Nintendo will want the Villager swinging his axe like a maniac, so it will probably only be usable near a tree. This is a family game, people. :laugh:
A bit of a double standard. We have swords and laser/"guns", so I think an ax is fine.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Today's multi-pic reinforced just how much I want to see more of this game in motion. If every week ended with something like a "Match of the Week" video (especially since Sakurai has said that he plays matches routinely), I would be so happy.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
A bit of a double standard. We have swords and laser/"guns", so I think an ax is fine.
Well, you have a point with the swords, though the guns are pretty watered down. Then again... Snake. :laugh:

Though to be fair, characters using swords and gun do it in their games. Villager using the axe for attack would be pushing it, I think. Or rather, I think Nintendo thinks. Embarrass

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Th
Well, you have a point with the swords, though the guns are pretty watered down. Then again... Snake. :laugh:

Though to be fair, characters using swords and gun do it in their games. Villager using the axe for attack would be pushing it, I think. Or rather, I think Nintendo thinks. Embarrass
The Villager is an Undercover Axe Murderer working under Tabuu.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What time is it in Japan bcuz where I am it is 12:40 AM (eastern standard time) so any new screenshots yet?

EDIT: I have a 3DS with no wifi connection

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
They usually show it around 11:00PM pacific time I believe, due to daylight savings time.

so in about 1hr and 25mins.
Ok cuz like I said im not able to use miiverse unfortunately so it looks like I have to rely on this thread.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Sheeit, I'll be back in an hour call me if sumthin comes up you have my number

EDIT: Its been an hour. I demand an explanation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

I like this change!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Too powerful? Don't most think Link needs buffs? also this is the 3rd or 4th time he has mentioned possible alterations to shown moves.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ooh me likey :)

This might actually make link a much higher tier character.

Now if only they could do something about that PoS recovery.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Looks like November is the Age of Enlightenment after the Dark Age that was October.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What is that slash on the left? Is that where the impact began? If so that means he can bounce off the enemies like Toon Link's Dair.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is that slash on the left? Is that where the impact began? If so that means he can bounce off the enemies like Toon Link's Dair.
No. That can't be it. Smoke is above it.

I'm honestly not sure what it is...

Tesh

Smash Hero
It seems laughable that Sakurai is posting about how Link and Donkey Kong might be overpowered when they have both been below average in all 3 Smash games. Especially link, being bottom in the bottom 3 in 64 and brawl.

Then again, maybe they actually have rebalanced these characters to be a threat. Would be nice to finally see Ness, DK, Link and Samus finally get to be good after such a long dreadful run.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a meteor smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

Finally Link gets a buff, but he's the one who's at risk of it being taken away from him. Poor Link, he might never get out of bottom tier if that's the way Sakurai views him.

Also, second Pyrosphere pic of the week, I certainly don't mind, it's so beautiful.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Indeed it's a very strange place for an effect of that shape. Perhaps Samus was in the middle of an attack when she was meteor smashed and the effects didn't fully disappear yet?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Indeed it's a very strange place for an effect of that shape. Perhaps Samus was in the middle of an attack when she was meteor smashed the effects didn't fully disappear yet?
Perhaps her mid-air jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom