• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Another change for Link I would like to see is his tether recovery being longer. I mean...Samus' grapple beam recovery goes further than Link's Clawshot recovery while Link is the one who needs it more.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Another change for Link I would like to see is his tether recovery being longer. I mean...Samus' grapple beam recovery goes further than Link's Clawshot recovery while Link is the one who needs it more.
They just need to revamp tethers in general and make it similar to Melee where they can grab anywhere on the wall. This would probably be more fun would also help some characters recovering.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Tether recoveries weren't used much anyway except in melee but that was only bcuz they were able to grab the wall rather than the ledge itself, so idk if Sakurai will consider it.
Well...I remember that DK and Snake had alot of landing lag too.
Yes... yes they did. They got punished for it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Tethers were used less in Melee because you couldn't DI down, airdodge, and grapple the ledge when you should have died.
They were used in a way that made sense... to recover.

D

Deleted member

I have been waiting for Link to get a meteor smash like this! I am hoping that Sakurai will give Link a ton of more buffs that he desperately needs and I hope this meteor smash is still within the final game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"It will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer playtests"

Well, now we know how the game is being balanced: With multiplayer, where even Ganondorf can land his Neutral B. Expect another god-tier character on this Smash.
This is what someone on another Smash forum said about this update. XD

Pretty close to what my thoughts are in regards to it. ¦D

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For some reason I expect a character to be reveald tommorrow.
I'd love it if Professor Layton was revealed tomorrow or Friday to coincide with the European release of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

But I'm 99% sure that it's nothing more but wishful thinking on my part....

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Even just in casual play, Link is an underpowered heavyweight that doesn't deal well with items or stages and has a horrible recovery, especially when you consider how far off the stage alot of items and hazards can send you.

In casual play, big characters just get slapped around and become combo fodder for everyone.

Casual Ike says hello. :p

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
This is what someone on another Smash forum said about this update. XD

Pretty close to what my thoughts are in regards to it. ¦D

This is the original update on japanese posted by Sakurai:
Original Japanese caption: リンクの下突き、出だしで先端をピッタリ当てるとメテオになるようにしてみました。が、対戦モニターにより、総合的に強過ぎだと判断したら外してしまいます。
Literal translation: Link's downward thrust. We tried making it so if you hit precisely with the tip at the start it will become a meteor. However, according to the battle monitors, if it's judged to be comprehensively too powerful then it will be removed (undone).

Multiplayer isn't mentioned once. Still, it is silly to freak out over it even if it was mentioned. 1v1 is multiplayer. What do you want them to do, test everything solely in practise mode? ^^

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Do you think that his sword glowing blue is something that always happens when Link attacks? I looked up some of his pictures on the dojo and in every one that shows link attacking, his sword is blue and all the pictures that Link is not attacking his sword is not blue.

Do you think its possible that link could charge his sword to do additional damage? Or an even more remote possibility: different trajectories?

For example, if Link's sword is charged, Dair is a meteor and if not, then its not a meteor?

Just random speculation?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

I like this change!
Im glad links down aerial is. A Metor smash now

And now Ooh noo i bet the ridley stage hazard arguement is going to start again

Oh yea whats the sakurai quote

No Control

Smash Apprentice
This is now officially the longest wait we've ever had for a character reveal!

It's been 36 days since Sonic's reveal.
There were 36 between the reveals of Luigi and Peach.

The earliest we can possibly get one now is tomorrow, which will make it 37 days.

Update soon? Surely...

The earliest we can possibly get one now is tomorrow, which will make it 37 days.

Update soon? Surely...
*Finds out that the next returnee is someone captain obvious like Yoshi or Captain Falcon*

*Sarcastic clapping*

*Goes back to reading*

That's how it usually goes. Except for TL, backlash was written all over that

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
How can link having a spike be op? Toon link had the exact same type of spike in brawl. (Except in his case it was a stall then fall)
This is an xcellent bufff and makez more sense since stabing someone down shouldnt make them fly upward.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Do you think that his sword glowing blue is something that always happens when Link attacks? I looked up some of his pictures on the dojo and in every one that shows link attacking, his sword is blue and all the pictures that Link is not attacking his sword is not blue.

Do you think its possible that link could charge his sword to do additional damage? Or an even more remote possibility: different trajectories?

For example, if Link's sword is charged, Dair is a meteor and if not, then its not a meteor?

Just random speculation?
Link always has a blue trail or glow as he attacks. It happens with all the sword characters (though it's not always blue), and it's happened at least since Melee (I never played much Smash 64, so I can't remember).

I don't think it means anything.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
This is the original update on japanese posted by Sakurai:
Original Japanese caption: リンクの下突き、出だしで先端をピッタリ当てるとメテオになるようにしてみました。が、対戦モニターにより、総合的に強過ぎだと判断したら外してしまいます。
Literal translation: Link's downward thrust. We tried making it so if you hit precisely with the tip at the start it will become a meteor. However, according to the battle monitors, if it's judged to be comprehensively too powerful then it will be removed (undone).

Multiplayer isn't mentioned once. Still, it is silly to freak out over it even if it was mentioned. 1v1 is multiplayer. What do you want them to do, test everything solely in practise mode? ^^
The thought just occured to me. Instead of removing the dair spike, couldn't they just make it LESS powerful? Idk

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I can't imagine how a meteor smash makes Link's D-air too powerful... much less even more powerful than before...

I guess it gives him another option for combos, etc... but I can't imagine a Link jumping off the ledge to spike somebody with it... and it's traditionally been one of his best vertical killers, so I'm.......skeptical, to say the least.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Update soon? Surely...
I guess we'll have to wait Zelda 3DS for a new character, which is going to be... Zelda.

I'm OK with having very few news anyway. If it was for me, I'd reveal only returning characters and stages, no newcomers.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Is it just me, or are the November updates more Dojo-ey than before?
Yes. It's quite nice.

I like this update. It's nice to have some detailed information on what the team is currently working on and experimenting with, giving us a little insight on how development is currently coming along. From Sakurai's comment, it seems that they are taking playtesting seriously, and are trying to be careful when balancing and tweaking the characters. Always great to hear.

That said, I don't think Link's D-Air needs a Meteor Smash. That was always something unique to Young/Toon Link, and considering that Toon Link is still quite clone-y in this game, I'd prefer to keep it that way. The more diverse the characters, the better.

Link could do with a general buff, though.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yes. It's quite nice.

I like this update. It's nice to have some detailed information on what the team is currently working on and experimenting with, giving us a little insight on how development is currently coming along. From Sakurai's comment, it seems that they are taking playtesting seriously, and are trying to be careful when balancing and tweaking the characters. Always great to hear.

That said, I don't think Link's D-Air needs a Meteor Smash. That was always something unique to Young/Toon Link, and considering that Toon Link is still quite clone-y in this game, I'd prefer to keep it that way. The more diverse the characters, the better.

Link could do with a general buff, though.

Who knows? Maybe they'll remove Toon Link's meteor smash.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Update soon? Surely...
Yeah man, we'll probably be getting a character reveal pretty freakin soon. But still, I feel like a barrage of character updates is going to come with all these new games coming out, so maybe we should just chill for now :grin:.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm a bit disappointed by this. One of the only attacks that Toon Link has that Link didn't was given to Link.
Although Link needs major buffs, I can agree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom