• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As happy as I am for WarioWriday to finally be a reality... :p
Meta Knight was mentioned before his reveal.

Because the stage is called "Gamer."
Not like you go to different locations in Pikmin 3 on the "Garden of Hope" stage. :p

Far as I'm concerned, if you think it's going to be a transition stage, you're making a lot more assumptions than if you think it's static.
Ok thats all i needed

I just dident exactly see anything on "this is the only zone")

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well isn't this a nice surprise! Also, Sakurai has managed to show off even more Wario content without mentioning him by name, and he even slipped in a Franklin badge in the first photo, classic Sakurai.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lol I saw this game in Game and Wario, almost made me wanna buy it...almost. Wish it was a legit Warioware title.
Anyone else here prefer warioware over wario-land?

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Lol I saw this game in Game and Wario, almost made me wanna buy it...almost. Wish it was a legit Warioware title.
Agreed, always loved the Wario Ware games, but never really liked the Wario land ones. So I was glad that Wario was representing WarioWare myself.
Never played Game and Wario, hope they make a real WarioWare for the Wii U sometime.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I've always loved WarioWare myself, but it still doesn't feel right that Wario Land has gotten next to nothing in Smash Bros. Especially annoying is the fact that, as a side-scrolling platformer, Wario in Smash could more than easily accommodate various moves from the Wario Land series. Project M is a the perfect example for that.

I like WarioWare, but it shouldn't be the only thing Wario in Smash.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Hey, where's the pre-Monday pic crowd? :laugh:

I'm calling Wii U menus

I've always loved WarioWare myself, but it still doesn't feel right that Wario Land has gotten next to nothing in Smash Bros. Especially annoying is the fact that, as a side-scrolling platformer, Wario in Smash could more than easily accommodate various moves from the Wario Land series. Project M is a the perfect example for that.

I like WarioWare, but it shouldn't be the only thing Wario in Smash.
Agreed. I'll admit, with the presence of Gamer I think all hope is lost for a Wario Land stage.. but there is, or was, a possibility of having a Shake It!! stage on the wii U since it was on a console and the most recent WL. There was a lot of potential there.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'd like to see the week start off with a bang and get a first look at Stage Builder or Event Mode on the Wii U version! ...I mean... they havta be outta menus to show off, right? I'd even take a "funny" picture over that now. Unless its a Wii U menu I guess...?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm back for a bit, so hopefully it comes up before I go to sleep.

I'm predicting a new mode today, I'm thinking Friday will be another Wii U stage (Please be Delfino Plaza!)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im so hyped for today's Menu Pic!... well not really. Sakurai probably will save the good stuff for the end of the week, so my guess today is another Menu/Smash Run image.

R0Y

Smash Master
The time between the Smash 3DS and Wii U releases in NA and the EU is pretty close.

3rd October for Smash 3DS
21st November for Smash Wii U
(according to leaks from 2 North American retailers and Nintendo France.)

Not as much time for Wii U filler before launch on modes like he had since last E3. Smash Run was really pushed hard for what it ended up being...

Hopefully Wii U starts getting some great info soon.

But expect a Smash 3DS POTD for Friday.

DarnDraper

Smash Rookie
My god, it's so empty here now....the perfect time for Sakurai to announce some Ice Climbers DLC

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Wow. It's like visiting an old gold rush town. Or Pe Ell.

Predicting... more japan online stuff.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My god, it's so empty here now....the perfect time for Sakurai to announce some Ice Climbers DLC
"Picture of the day: We could not get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS version due to technical limitations that still exist; however, through the power of DLC incentive, we managed to get it to work just fine."

:4jigglypuff:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it.

#MenuMonday lives on

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm sure one of the Pics this week will show the starting roster with the caption "Enjoy the game, *******. I know we've enjoyed it for almost a month now." Or something like that...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Wow, no one even going to bother posting the captions or the second pic? Well I guess I might as well then...

"Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do remember that in Melee, the second BGM can end up playing randomly, even if you don't press the R button. I wonder if the music choice is manual this time around.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yes! MORE MENUS! Come on Sakurai, if you are insistent on giving us filler, at least make it funny.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure someone with a copy of the game already figured this out, but I hadn't heard anything about it yet. It's a nice feature, although I hope the tracks are still randomized even if what the development team deemed the more appropriate track is the default.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Hmm, so is there no way to make it so the default track is guaranteed to play?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As far as I know, the default track just has the higher chance of playing if you don't press the R button. However, if you want to guarantee the other track to play as you start the match, you can press the R button to have it play the alternate track. Though I do agree, it would have been a little nice to also give you the option to guarantee the first track by simply pressing the L button and all but oh well. :T

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it's interesting that the music in this game works the same way as it did in Melee. I'm really looking forward to hearing more of the Wii U soundtrack since that's supposed to be one of the big draws of the game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As for this week

Reminder this is the last potd week before are version comes out

And 2 also he will leave the 3ds updates alone and go wii u updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom