• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No caption still? Well, not like we need one anyway.

As a fan of outlines, I am pleased.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
"In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look."

Posted on the Facebook page.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is one of the best additions to the game. You can now use any color when playing team battles. I've long wanted this since Melee.

On Classic mode, 2v2 battles are now proper team battles as well, with the player and the ally CPU being red and the two foes being blue.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Am I missing something here? The English Miiverse still only shows yesterday's pic of the day.
They only updated the Japanese Miiverse/Facebook/Twitter with the English version not updated yet. But overall, he's saying that the Wii U version will have a similar outline scheme like in the 3DS when it comes to distinguished between teammates.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Who would've thunk they'd take some ideas from a heavily SSB inspired game that was TMNT Smash Up.

This is awesome!
I've wanted to do team battles in the colors that WE could choose since SSB 64, when only Classic Mode allowed it.

Who would've thunk they'd take some ideas from a heavily SSB inspired game that was TMNT Smash Up.

This is awesome!
I've wanted to do team battles in the colors that WE could choose since SSB 64, when only Classic Mode allowed it.
No, they just took the outlines from the 3DS version. :smirk:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Dang, I've gotten so used to seeing 3DS pictures and videos lately that I forgot how beautiful the Wii U version looked.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh cool, so your colors don't change anymore when ya change teams...yet every character still has a RED BLUE and GREEN alt, no matter how bad it may look.

I'm kinda iffy on this, its definitely gonna take some getting used to. Blue Link on Red team will definitely be a mind #@$%

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So good to see Wii U PotD's again.

When the 3DS sees a worldwide release, let's never, ever see another disrespectful bloated image for a Potd ever again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So good to see Wii U PotD's again.

When the 3DS sees a worldwide release, let's never, ever see another disrespectful bloated image for a Potd ever again.
The 3ds updates won't be out of the woods yet

Theres the unshown unlockables for the 3ds version

But im sure it will be more wii u focus's after this week.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I do hope we can still turn off those outlines if we don't want them. I actually liked the forced alts for team battles, but I would change teams every so often to avoid colors I didn't like. Would be fun to have team battles with other colors, but I'd like to be able to turn the outlines off as it goes along. Otherwise, that could become an irritating visual for me.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
*starts up campfire* Well, hello friends. Welcome back to waiting for the PotD. Come, take a seat. It should be up any minute, eh?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*starts up campfire* Well, hello friends. Welcome back to waiting for the PotD. Come, take a seat. It should be up any minute, eh?
So many people with Nerd Bowser avatars now. I love it.

Also, pic of the day will totally be a 3DS one, but I expect a first look on one of the exclusive stages this time. :3

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is quite the gorgeous stage (and I don't even like Star Fox).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Edit: Captions moved to above post.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Great Fox has been resized.

Great Fox's character has been ruined.

:troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Captions:

"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

"Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!"

"The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
While it looks awesome, fun, and gorgeous, I was hoping it would be a more stationary Stage. Both the 3DS and Wii-U version has a Little too many stages that moves around so much. :/ They are fun, but... still.

Still awesome and surprising update.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This stage looks AWESOME, but also looks like is hard to navigate; jumping from the Great Fox to the Missiles and then to the Arwings (unless the trasitions between scenaries is like in Castle Siege), but still, this stage oozes Epicness from every glorious HD angle.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I can't even imagine how gorgeous this will look in action...

I really love stages with dynamic backgrounds. I'm hoping if there are stage hazards, they aren't too intrusive because I'm really loving this stage in every way so far.

I'm also hoping for Lylat Cruise to return for more HD outer space action. :4falco:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Whoa, talk about winning me over. This stage looks SO damn amazing. Will main new Star Fox stage.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
AHAHA WOW! And we were worried it was ganna be another Sector Z / Corneria stage!
Wow, I guess I'm kinda glad I played StarFox Assault (though, Pigma's...transformation still haunts me) This is kinda nostalgic!
And the Fox and Falco codecs will be amazing, and the final destination of this will be amazing, and...well, look at it! Its amazing! Great stage, even higher hopes for those we haven't seen yet~

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I love how there's a Great Fox stage in every Smash game ever, even if this time it's only a portion of a stage this time around.

#origonal13

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Finally, a full preview of this stage, so hyped!

Looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom