• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If it is called Game & Wario it will be a big break through.
Hate to burst the bubble, but it's ゲーマー, 'gēmā', the Japanese transliteration of 'Gamer'.
Perhaps it was just being vague like the "Pokémon from X and Y = Greninja". Game & Wario was probably what they assumed it was called.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

So is this true?

One of the stages was Game and Wario I believe. That's a good guess if it was fake, but this is now a lot more intriguing.
It's not a good guess at all.

Game & Wario is the only recent Wario related game to appear on consoles and we know Wario will be in the game. It stands to reason the Wii U version would get a Game & Wario stage. (At least it was more likely than not)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can confirm myself the stage has the same name in the Japanese version.

ゲーマー does indeed translate to "Gamer".

Anyway, this new stage looks crazy. I like it.

The original WarioWare stage from Brawl is still one of my favorites of the series. Craziness and memories from the first WarioWare game in one package, after all.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Is it just a coincidence that the first pic had the Franklin Badge in it or was it some sort of joke?
Cause MOTHER?

And that Gamer minigame in G&W looks crazy. You try to beat Microgames on the Wii U game pad screen like in a normal WarioWare game, while simultaneously trying to hide from 9-Volt's mom on the regular TV screen. I wasn't interested in G&Wario, so this is the first time I've heard of it.

Last edited:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Wario Wriday!

We gonna get Wario's Annoucment now, right? I hope he's in.

/s

D

Deleted member

Then the Final Smashes, now a stage called "Gamer".

There's nothing to say, I definitively am the Chosen One.

#DealWithIt :cool:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's not a good guess at all.

Game & Wario is the only recent Wario related game to appear on consoles and we know Wario will be in the game. It stands to reason the Wii U version would get a Game & Wario stage. (At least it was more likely than not)
Still, even if it's not an excellent guess, it's still correct. It was also the most broad of the reported stages. From what we can get from this, the leak isn't solidified more, but it has enough notoriety to have gotten something unannounced right.

It's planting its feet in the ground more so than taking a step closer, if I could personify it. We mainly just need to wait for less predictable specifics, like Forest Haven, Endless Ocean, Green House, Mt. Dedede, Patch Land, or NES Remix.

All this said, I for one welcome our motherly overlords.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
God dammit, it's another WarioWare stage. >_>

Are we gonna get some sort of tribute to the Wario Land games? The lack of recognition is saddening.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
God dammit, it's another WarioWare stage. >_>

Are we gonna get some sort of tribute to the Wario Land games? The lack of recognition is saddening.
No. Sakurai hates Wario Land apparently.

About the stage, I want to believe this matches the leak, but I'm not really sure because the name of the stage is Gamer... I guess we'll have to wait until another stage is shown.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
A new stage reveal is always a welcome surprise. While the stage might not see a ton of play since the hazard looks pretty destructive, it still seems to be a fun stage that will force players to focus on both the match and the hazards pretty equally.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
HEY AN ACTUAL WARIOWRIDAY!!!!!!

The stage looks great... just wish we could see Wario in HD now.

Also, please note that He called it Gamer, not Game & Wario.

This is cause Wario is not announced yet so he just gave it a code name. He never mentions unannounced characters by name

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

This is cause Wario is not announced yet so he just gave it a code name. He never mentions unannounced characters by name
Yeah, that's true. That gives me hope that the stage leak is true. I really love that list.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dreamed that Ice Climbers were confirmed for the Wii U version, woke up to this. Can't say I'm disappointed given how so many people are genuinely scared of this mini game in Game and Wario. Glad to finally see a new Wario stage too.

Off topic, I wonder if the Wii U is going to have the same unlockable roster as the 3DS version. For example, could Wario be a starter in the Wii U version while Toon Link is an unlockable? It would be interesting if they chose to go that route.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Awesome. Definitely wasn't expecting a stage from Game & Wario. It seems less gimmicky than Warioware, so YES. Too bad, it's still going to be banned.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I see the 3ds version is the yea oldie wario stage from brawl and this is the version of the wii u version.

By the way i think both version work the same i think that mom thing is just one of the challenges for the wii u version.

And holy cow this has credibility now
http://archive.moe/v/thread/264550923/#264550923
If by credibility you mean list a whole bunch of guesses and hope at least one of them is correct, then yes. It's as credible as randomly ticking a box from a quiz and hoping it's right. :facepalm:

If we get a couple of other stuff confirmed overtime in the next few weeks, then yeh, it'll start to look credible. One slip up, though, and it will crumble gloriously. :evil:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If by credibility you mean list a whole bunch of guesses and hope at least one of them is correct, then yes. It's as credible as randomly ticking a box from a quiz and hoping it's right. :facepalm:

If we get a couple of other stuff confirmed overtime in the next few weeks, then yeh, it'll start to look credible. One slip up, though, and it will crumble gloriously. :evil:
I'll admit though. Maybe if they outright said it was Gamer, that I'd understand. But how it is right now it's certainly vague at best. I don't see how that's credible.

But nonetheless, I'll wait and see.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Accually 2 correct

Castle seige is on the retro stage list.

And im with you i need atleast 10 more correct before i can take this bait.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sadly BANNED. It looked tourney legal had it not been for the overkill gimmick...
Well wouldn't it have been a walk-off anyway? Curious to see how the final destination version looks though.

And guys... its pretty exciting and all, but all this talk of leaks and stuff? I mean, Game & Wario came out more than a year ago I believe, they definitely knew about it when making Smash, and a stage guessed "Game & Wario" is a preeetty safe bet. Especially this late in the game. Forest Haven would be amazing, and if that was shown off I might start looking at the leak with significantly more interest.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well wouldn't it have been a walk-off anyway? Curious to see how the final destination version looks though.

And guys... its pretty exciting and all, but all this talk of leaks and stuff? I mean, Game & Wario came out more than a year ago I believe, they definitely knew about it when making Smash, and a stage guessed "Game & Wario" is a preeetty safe bet. Especially this late in the game. Forest Haven would be amazing, and if that was shown off I might start looking at the leak with significantly more interest.
Walk off? No, it seems to be on a table.

On the left side, you can see where the fighters can fall off.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Walk off? No, it seems to be on a table.

On the left side, you can see where the fighters can fall off.

Second image shows it better
Oh wow, sorry, didn't notice! Well that's interesting, guess final destination version will just be a cleaned up table and no mom. Nice spooky stage with interesting lighting! And I guess you can spike too!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Oh wow, sorry, didn't notice! Well that's interesting, guess final destination version will just be a cleaned up table and no mom. Nice spooky stage with interesting lighting! And I guess you can spike too!
Or the Omega version can have 9 Volt in the background

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It being banned or not depends on how violent Mom's attacks are, or if Mom stuns you before the hit, or if the attack has a single hitbox, I would think. Halberd locks onto fighters as well, but those attacks are telegraphed. If Mom comes in at set intervals, and her attacks don't auto-hit and don't have lasting hitboxes, Gamer could be fine, legality-wise.

Btw.

#FinalSmashBallFriday

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hold it your jumping the gun slightly

How are you sure its not going to be different environments for game and wario stage (you know the different minigames)

R0Y

Smash Master
Oh my god, I have a new favorite Wii U stage. This looks amazing.
Wait, wait, wait. I thought you hated the Wii U version and were never going to get a Wii U?

That stage looks like fun. A much better 'gimmicky' stage than WarioWare Inc. from reading it.
Oh god yes...I hope that stage isn't back, not my favourite, that's for sure.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

As happy as I am for WarioWriday to finally be a reality... :p
Meta Knight was mentioned before his reveal.

How are you sure its not going to be different environments for game and wario stage (you know the different minigames)
Because the stage is called "Gamer."
Not like you go to different locations in Pikmin 3 on the "Garden of Hope" stage. :p

Far as I'm concerned, if you think it's going to be a transition stage, you're making a lot more assumptions than if you think it's static.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I'm not sure! But seeing as all the focus was on the game with "Mom" which sounds awesome by itself, I just figure the stage doesn't need anything more, and if it had something more we mighta got a hint. But I dunno!
Or the Omega version can have 9 Volt in the background
Maybe! Im not sure why, but I kind of expect him to flicker a bit on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom