• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I have convinced myself that Sakurai cares not for Star Fox.

Fox is almost never in PotD, he's waited till now to reveal a stage, and still no other Star Fox representatives aside from the obligatory McCloud have even been hinted at.

That being said, I'm elated over this. So happy it's getting some attention.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
Wow, so we got the Great Fox as out Star Fox stage.

It's kind of anti-climatic IMO, while it looks good, it seems to be Sector Z from SSB64 with an Assault skin. Didn't Brawl also play up the Assault aesthetics for Lylat Cruise, or was that mainly Command-based?

Either way, they're definitely referencing most of the Star Fox games, with the Assault stage, Fox's Command-styled appearance and the voice acting from 64 (F-IYER!). I wonder if we'll see any content from the original Star Fox, the 64 3D remake and the upcoming Wii U installment, but I'm doubting that last one. But any Stairfax content is good Stairfax content.
Content from the original?
How could you forget Andross?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Peppy is retired... so that must mean her and Slippy are in those Arwings. :p
[collapse="Assault Spoilers"]He could pilot just the front part of the Great Fox.[/collapse]
Anyway neat. It's not like I like Star Fox stages or anything.
epiclaplz.gif

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I have convinced myself that Sakurai cares not for Star Fox.

Fox is almost never in PotD, he's waited till now to reveal a stage, and still no other Star Fox representatives aside from the obligatory McCloud have even been hinted at.

That being said, I'm elated over this. So happy it's getting some attention.
Shhhh when there are 4 Star Fox characters this time around you will be wrong...

Sakurai loves StarFox. He had to pretty much invent the character move set wise. Blaster? Reflector? Fire Fox? Phantasm? All made up junk. Then copied another 2 times. Thats a lot of love imo. Star Fox will get more love this time around even if Fox may not be as good as before.

Sakurai is saving the best for last heheheh

Last edited:

CaptainSyrup

Smash Rookie
Just. spectacular.

Also, it serves the dual purpose of getting me hyped for both Smash 4 AND the next Starfox game. (It's about time you showed up, Miyamoto - you're the only hope for this franchise! /pepper)

Well played, Sakurai, well played.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Inb4EveryOneWantsABattlefieldVersionOfEveryStage

To be perfectly honest, there is no other locale from Star Fox I'd rather be fighting at/on than the Great Fox.
You know, it'd be awesome if the FD version of this stage(if there is one) took place on the wing, but angled sort of exactly like the picture. Sort of sideways. Not like Sector Z, not like Venom, but I'm between.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Star Fox content, but no Fox in the picture? Hey, I'll take it! I love the "streamlined" version of the Great Fox on Assault.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
In a world where only the two Star Fox games that are universally remembered as legendary are the original and 64, beggars can't be choosers. I still like the looks of this stage, even if we had the Great Fox before. Come to think of it, have any of those stages even been called Great Fox?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't wait to see a Final Destination variant of the Great Fox. The ship would look so weird

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I hope this is the background and the level itself will be from Assault.

Maybe the Sargasso Hideout, space zone or Aparoid City!

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
If this is the actual stage, I'm wondering if it's mirrored in comparison to its Melee and 64 counterparts. It faced to the left originally, but the perspective the screenshot is taken from shows it facing the right. Hm.

Also wondering if it's going to be just Corneria 2.0 (which I wouldn't mind too much, honestly) or if they will add anything else interesting to the stage to shake things up. One thing I notice is that the head of the ship points out so far that the guns don't look like they will be reliably reachable. Looks like some characters could reach it, but maybe not make it back to the main ship.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Star Fox PotD? That's nice.
But where's Fox himself? He still hasn't been in a PotD since like... April I think? Maybe before that?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Why did they have to make the same set of stars noticeable throughout the stage? This repeated seamless texture is unacceptable. THIS NEEDS FIXING. :facepalm:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I look closely enough I can see a constellation used twice

But it's not that noticeable to me

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A spiritual successor to my favorite stage in the original Smash Bros? Yes, yes, and yes. This was so long overdue. Now I hope Sakurai actually shares some details about it instead of going dead silent like he has for most of the Wii U stages.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It's about time!

A part of me was a little disappointed it's the Great Fox, again, but then what else could it possibly be? Just bring on that Star Fox Assault soundtrack baby

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I thought if we got a stage any time soon, it would be a 3DS one. Sakurai continues to surprise us, but at least we got a little Star Fox love. I'd guess later this week or early next week we'll see some fighters on the stage.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Actually, as I look at this picture, I notice something. Is the lower area behind the fin gone? It seems really shrunk down if not totally removed though it's hard to tell from this camera angle. That could be a really big deal.
The Star Fox: Assault Great Fox doesn't have an area to stand on behind the fin (if this stage is an exact replica).

EDIT: Upon closer examination, it kind of does, but it's a lot lower than previous stage versions, and looks like it'd be really awkward to get to and from by certain characters.

Also, *secretly prays for Krystal*. #istillbelieve

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So...do you think this stage affects Krystal's chances?
No. It was very likely to be an Assault stage either way because 1. Namco developed Assault and 2. it was the last console Star Fox game. With this being confirmed though, it practically confirms that the 3DS stage will be Star Fox 64 3D related instead of Command related.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's not that unheard of to see texture parts get reused though.
True, but as a texturer and modeler, I disagree for this day & age! Especially in sky textures. They're layered textures, often even just 1 for each specific time of day in huge open-world games. Here is just 1 stage.

What happened to better hardware? After Mario and Luigi's polygon hats, anything goes.:p

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
This stage looks cool. We've pretty much had no Star Fox content. Maybe this is hint of things to come...

Falco pls

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Star Fox Assault costumes for all Star Fox characters, please.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pretty sure the new F-Zero stage will be an HD GX track after this update. Wouldn't even be opposed to redoing Big Blue.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
I hope this opens up the possibilities of HD remakes of past stages, like in Mario Kart 8. I'd love to see the Hyrule Temple revamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom