• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions for PotDs of this week:
July 22 - New Disconfirmation: Paper Mario for Paper Mario TTYD's 10th anniversary
July 23 - New alt: Dedede's mask for the release of DeDeDe's Drum Dash Z in Japan through eShop

July 24 - New stage: Yoshi's stage for the release of Yoshi's New Island in Japan (at last...)
July 25 - New character: R.O.B., Lucas, Dr. Mario, and/or new-comer(s) for San Diego Comic-Con
This post made me aware of Kirby Fighter Z. I need this in my life now.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Wow, so we got the Great Fox as out Star Fox stage.

It's kind of anti-climatic IMO, while it looks good, it seems to be Sector Z from SSB64 with an Assault skin. Didn't Brawl also play up the Assault aesthetics for Lylat Cruise, or was that mainly Command-based?

Either way, they're definitely referencing most of the Star Fox games, with the Assault stage, Fox's Command-styled appearance and the voice acting from 64 (F-IYER!). I wonder if we'll see any content from the original Star Fox, the 64 3D remake and the upcoming Wii U installment, but I'm doubting that last one. But any Stairfax content is good Stairfax content.
Remember that Corneria was simply Sector Z with a Melee skin.

Actually updating it to the most recent game is what was going to happen regardless. Remember guys, Starfox 64 3D and Command were both handheld games. Assault was the last console game.

Therefore, the Wii U stage should resemble as much. (Lylat cruise wasn't much of a reference)

Anyway:

OH MY GOODNESS IT LOOKS SO GOOD!

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Wow, so we got the Great Fox as out Star Fox stage.

It's kind of anti-climatic IMO, while it looks good, it seems to be Sector Z from SSB64 with an Assault skin. Didn't Brawl also play up the Assault aesthetics for Lylat Cruise, or was that mainly Command-based?

Either way, they're definitely referencing most of the Star Fox games, with the Assault stage, Fox's Command-styled appearance and the voice acting from 64 (F-IYER!). I wonder if we'll see any content from the original Star Fox, the 64 3D remake and the upcoming Wii U installment, but I'm doubting that last one. But any Stairfax content is good Stairfax content.
Lylat cruise was more of a tribute to the whole series. It warped through several areas ranging from the intense space dogfights in Area 6 to the serene atmosphere of potentially Aquas. I don't think Lylat Cruise was based on any particular game, because it had elements akin to Meteo, Area 6, Macbeth, and the Sargasso Hideout and others I'm sure I'm missing.

I just want some nice gameplay footage and/or a trailer for Star Fox U.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Star Fox stage. I wonder if this means anything else.
I'm just glad we get to see more stages though. I hope we get another pic of it with fighters in action.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If the Starfox series is as blessed as it was in Melee and it gets two new stages, I would love to see Sauria (also known as Dinosaur Planet) and/or Sargasso Base with the latter being just so I could say "You're on my terf now. Watch. Your. Step. -insert character name here-"

Also, thank Andross it isn't the Command Great Fox. That thing looks so bad in comparison.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the Command Great Fox could be used as a stage in the 3DS version since Command is a handheld game.

Last edited:

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
"Guys, we need a new StarFox stage."

"Remember Sector Z and Corneria?"

"Yeah."

"Flip it backwards. Great Fox faces the right."

"Perfect."

That said, I love the Great Fox as a stage so no complaints here. I know size consistency is never really taken seriously in Smash, but I hope it's closer to scale relative to all the characters this time around. Everyone in Brawl (and to an extent, Melee) looked like giants on top of the Great Fox.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
"Guys, we need a new StarFox stage."

"Remember Sector Z and Corneria?"

"Yeah."

"Flip it backwards. Great Fox faces the right."

"Perfect."

That said, I love the Great Fox as a stage so no complaints here. I know size consistency is never really taken seriously in Smash, but I hope it's closer to scale relative to all the characters this time around. Everyone in Brawl (and to an extent, Melee) looked like giants on top of the Great Fox.
This kind of bothered me too, solely because when you play the Star Fox games the Arwings are stored inside it and the Great Fox is like, massive.

Oh well, I have nothing to complain about, I've been hoping for a Star Fox update for a good 13 months.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This stage is quite stunning. I don't even care if it is essentially like all the other Starfox stages, it's gorgeous.

About damn time for some Starfox stuff. Though, I was expecting us to start seeing more 3DS stages since it's closer, but this is fine too.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Falco just moved into top position for a veteran reveal at ComicCon. Another beautiful new stage.

Aqueducts

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1713-0780
I do like how we finally see a Star Fox stage, but I kind of wish we can also see a Star Fox stage that is more than fighting on a ship. I'm sure I'm going to love this stage too, but it would be cool for the series' stages to have a little bit more variety. Maybe an unlockable stage....

Hong

The Strongest

Hell... It's about time.

We can't get enough stage reveals at this point.

Apparently I quoted someone from a few pages back. Must have opened the thread and forgot to refresh it.

Good lord this stage is gorgeous! I wonder how big it will be? I hope it's massive.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
That picture gave me a crisis in my pants.

Now that I'm done changing, my hype is building. Starfox is getting attention, and that Great Fox design likely ain't something Sakurai conceived himself...

How much you guys wanna bet its taken straight from Star Fox for Wii U, and he's using Assault as a cover because Nintendo hasn't formally announced the game?

How much you guys wanna bet he introduced this stage to pique our curiosity and put us on Starfox high alert to prepare for said announcement?

How much you guys wanna bet he will reveal Falco, Wolf or both on the day it gets announced? I see only two Arwings, and no Wolfens...

How much you guys wanna bet that I'm stoked for the possible return of Wolf?

How much guys? How much?

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Holy freaking CRAP! It's the SSB Great Fox! I loved how the original took place in space, yet, in Melee...it was in the sky? >_> Hated that. I get it was supposed to be like the N64 one, but I just don't like it.

I. AM. SO. HAPPY!

I LOVE SPACE STAGES! Lylat Cruise was my absolute FAVORITE. It is gorgeous and just so awesome!!!

BUT THIS! THIS!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
With this picture, and a quick glance at the big Nintendo series, Starfox stands out as the only series to not get a second character so far whose from a series that deserves one/the O12 series'. This makes me believe that a Falco/Wolf reveal is in order, and will probably be our next reveal. Something tells me its going to be Falco, although I'd rather it be Wolf.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I really do hope he's not trolling us and its ACTUALLY a stage.
"It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

That's his sense of humor at play, not his trolling attempts. If it wasn't a stage, he wouldn't have implied so.

Heck, for all we know, this stage could be like the Halberd. You fight off the ship, around the ship, and on different parts of the ship, in addition to that space station moon in the background. It's not unreasonable, in Assault the Great Fox is MASSIVE.

Seriously, go play Assault, go to multiplayer, go to the Great Fox stage. Fly around that thing for a while, and then remember how big the characters are in comparison to the Arwings.

And speaking of the Halberd, remember in the SSE how the Great Fox lost in the fight against the Halberd? Yeah, that was the 64 Great Fox. Had it been the Assault Great Fox, well, that would be a very different story. ;)

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
With this picture, and a quick glance at the big Nintendo series, Starfox stands out as the only series to not get a second character so far whose from a series that deserves one/the O12 series'. This makes me believe that a Falco/Wolf reveal is in order, and will probably be our next reveal. Something tells me its going to be Falco, although I'd rather it be Wolf.
You wanna know something that tells me?
Falco and Wolf will be in a trailer, alongside Newcomer Krystal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom