• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I think we'll just get a picture explaining exactly what Mother Brain does just because it's not obvious enough already :3

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
So something like Project M did?
Sure. Though I don't pay attention to Project M or know what changes they actually made. I know that if they both make it in both of the things I requested are almost guaranteed to at least somewhat happen. The question is: to what extent?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This isn't just the main competitive smash site though. This is just straight up the main smash site in general, regardless of skill level or play style. A lot of the people here are competitive players, a lot of people aren't.
I like to think of myself as competitive, but I play with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, so...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I would actually be pretty upset. Not wrathful, because it's a ****ing video game, but certainly disappointed. Tingle has some people who love him!
Doesn't every assist trophy have some people who love them? Isn't "they have some people who love them" practically the very essence of what makes an AT?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I predict a better than average week. Tonight will be a move.
A...customized move? For some reason I feel like we might start to see a few of those. Though, logically I don't believe we'll see any on the site before release. I guess I have conflicting feelings and ideas. So let's just call my feeling of seeing custom moves a hunch!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm predicting a veteran this week. It's about the time of the month we get a character reveal.

Dissapointment incoming =(

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Based Sakurai, please show off a Charizard move this week. Also some more info on the Reset Bomb Forest. I really want to know how that stage plays out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now that there's less than a month before Nintendo's E3 blowout, I can see them dropping some major bombshells between now and then. I'm still doubting that we'll see any veterans this month but what I can see is some more ATs, new Wii U stages, and new final smashes. With Dillon going down two weeks ago and Wonder Red taking a dive last week, I think people need to brace themselves for some more major character disconfirmations. By the end of this month, I think a good number of us will have a lot of slash marks through our personal wish lists.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I've got a feeling

That tonight's gonna be a good night

Tonight's gonna be a GOOD GOOD night

Donkey Kong shrugging holding a homerun bat

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd actually love to see ANY custom moves. In the direct, that was probably the greatest thing for me along with For Glory mode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like I've been arguing the merits of Tingle a lot today, so tonight Sakurai is probably gonna reveal that he's an assist trophy again just to **** with me.
Well, there's no question he's an important character in Zelda, and the only one to get spin-off games(that were personally approved by Nintendo) that starred someone besides Link. That's some serious cred. Zelda herself can't even give that, her only two starring games being ones Nintendo refuses to acknowledge exists.

That said, whether Sakurai decides to note that or not is another story. Tingle, if he was playable, could also rep his own series, respectively. He's also the most likely playable Zelda character in any realistic way for a sixth rep. Impa isn't acknowledged as existing in the Smash universe to this date. Tetra is completely dependent on Toon Zelda to be notable, as that's what tied her to the main story. The triforce is gone by PH and ST, so they're not highly important games in the overall series canon. Fun games(arguably), but weak stories overall. Midna had similar problems, as the triforce had zero important in TP as is. It's there and nothing more, just a poor excuse for some Link and Ganondorf to transform and Zelda to suddenly be able to transfer her energy into someone else. Otherwise, nothing to do with the actual story proper.

D

Deleted member

Well, there's no question he's an important character in Zelda, and the only one to get spin-off games(that were personally approved by Nintendo) that starred someone besides Link. That's some serious cred. Zelda herself can't even give that, her only two starring games being ones Nintendo refuses to acknowledge exists.
For good reason, mind. I think we'd all rather forget the CD-I games actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Huh. Is it just me, or does the pic on the main site not provide a link to miiverse anymore.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I forgot how ready my body was for PotD. I guess that means it's not yet ready. Preparing body.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For good reason, mind. I think we'd all rather forget the CD-I games actually happened.
Yeah, cause they were forced to license it. Actually, that's craptastic reason since they're just being whinebags over a non-problem. It's petty and pathetic, really. Just grow up. You tried to dive out of a deal you made and are being sore losers. Get over it.

No other reason. The games got fairly decent reviews, and while they have nothing to do with the canon of the other games, there's nothing wrong with them whatsoever. If they really wanted to save face, they could act mature and just make Zelda playable fully in a game they want to make. Wow, problem fixed. That's why people even bother with things like Zelda Classic and the CD-i games, they want to play as the character its named after.(the other reason for ZC is for unique ideas and classic controls without random bullcrap ideas. No touch screen, no waggle, just simple gameplay that always worked)

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm currently in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time so I predict something aquatic. Kyogre Pokeball summon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just waiting for more KI stuff in the future. Yep, so little hope from me, but hey, I'm a wishful thinker.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually, no, CD-I references on Smash would be both awesome and hilarious beyond reason, a King Harkinian AT that throws DINNER at you, or CDI Ganon as a stage boss, shouting DIE! and killing people, Mario could have the toaster that toasts toast as one of his customizable moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, no, CD-I references on Smash would be both awesome and hilarious beyond reason, a King Harkinian AT that throws DINNER at you, or CDI Ganon as a stage boss, shouting DIE! and killing people, Mario could have the toaster that toasts toast as one of his customizable moves.
It would be. Sadly, Nintendo would never allow it. :|

Same as Gamefreak would never allow Sakurai to acknowledge Missingno.(Nintendo acknowledges it exists, Gamefreak does not)

D

Deleted member

It would be hilarious to have stuff like that in Smash. I love all of the funny things have spawned from the CD-I games, I just loathe them otherwise for being generally bad games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am hoping for something Pokemon related, something Hoenn related. But we might learn how the Blue Shell works instead, or actually, that would be closer to Mario Kart 8. I have no idea what we are going to get. Dark Samus assist trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom