• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just waiting for more KI stuff in the future. Yep, so little hope from me, but hey, I'm a wishful thinker.
Don't worry, we'll get our upskirt shot of Pit soon enough. And you will be happy. :3

Anyways, not sure what to predict for today. But I Think it will be something most will agree is good.

That Polar Bear pic. Hehe.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
An AT would be cool tonight. Even if it's one we saw from the Direct, with a more detailed explanation. I've had the worst day, so it'd be nice if Sakurai cheered me up.

Except he won't.

Because he's a known *******.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We're totally gonna get something awesome and amazing because we always do on Mondays. :awesome:

:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
An AT would be cool tonight. Even if it's one we saw from the Direct, with a more detailed explanation. I've had the worst day, so it'd be nice if Sakurai cheered me up.

Except he won't.

Are Mondays usually good days? I feel as though we get the best stuff Thursday/Friday. But I could be wrong.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122

Except he won't.

There there. We'll get something good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would be hilarious to have stuff like that in Smash. I love all of the funny things have spawned from the CD-I games, I just loathe them otherwise for being generally bad games.
I'll presume you played them to come to this opinion(otherwise it's grossly misinformed). They were never panned by critics, and actually were given fairly decent reviews.

The CD-i Zelda games, when released, were generally decent games. People just love to hate it on without having any knowledge about them besides that Nintendo hates them(and for absolutely no legitimately good reason. Like I said before, they're being immature brats about the games in every way. It makes sense to keep them away from the canon, but that's the only thing that the CD-i games blatantly have, they weren't canon. They had more than good enough gameplay quality, the graphics were fine, the cutscenes were funny and had tons of emotion, and their reviews were overall decent and somewhat positive). In fact, the magazine critics gave them good reviews. Better games just came out later(like OOT), that's all.

I could go on, but eh.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Pic of the day. Here's wire frame Little Mac--re-envisioned from the original Punch-Out!! game. The man that actually drew the pixel art wire frame in the original was none other than Shigeru Miyamoto. He said he drew the pixels for the wire frame on graph paper.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
More excited for the caption, he might mention other alternate costumes.
Using google translate on the japanese one, no he doesn't.

It's basically just, "this is wire frame mac, from the first generation of punch-out." Them something about Miyamoto and graph paper.

One piece today. Wireframe Little Mac. It is a reproduction of the representation in the first generation of "Punch-Out!". Drew a picture of that dot wireframe, Shigeru Miyamoto, who try to hide what. Draw on graph paper, such as he was raised in the dot.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
English caption

"Pic of the day. Here's wire frame Little Mac--re-envisioned from the original Punch-Out!! game. The man that actually drew the pixel art wire frame in the original was none other than Shigeru Miyamoto. He said he drew the pixels for the wire frame on graph paper."

Morbi

Scavenger

It's basically just, "this is wire frame mac, from the first generation of punch-out." Them something about Miyamoto and graph paper.

One piece today. Wireframe Little Mac. It is a reproduction of the representation in the first generation of "Punch-Out!". Drew a picture of that dot wireframe, Shigeru Miyamoto, who try to hide what. Draw on graph paper, such as he was raised in the dot.
Oh, that is very interesting. I am so hype! Good picture, worth the wait.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You lifted my spirits... only to completely crush them.
Let's beat him up together. :3

I like Wire-Frame Mac. He's one of those alternate costumes that's simply awesome. I imagen his entire green frame will change color when a different color. Or, just hos Gloves?

D

Deleted member

I'll presume you played them to come to this opinion(otherwise it's grossly misinformed). They were never panned by critics, and actually were given fairly decent reviews.

The CD-i Zelda games, when released, were generally decent games. People just love to hate it on without having any knowledge about them besides that Nintendo hates them(and for absolutely no legitimately good reason. Like I said before, they're being immature brats about the games in every way. It makes sense to keep them away from the canon, but that's the only thing that the CD-i games blatantly have, they weren't canon. They had more than good enough gameplay quality, the graphics were fine, the cutscenes were funny and had tons of emotion, and their reviews were overall decent and somewhat positive). In fact, the magazine critics gave them good reviews. Better games just came out later(like OOT), that's all.

I could go on, but eh.
I have indeed played them, and let me explain why I hate them:

The controls are sloppy and hard to get used to, the gameplay is repetitive and boring, and sometimes very confusing, the cutscenes are cringe-worthy, the graphics were below average for the time, and the soundtrack was just...empty. I don't give a damn about what reviewers said about the games, I'm not going to go along with them just because they said they were good, and I don't dislike them because Nintendo would much rather forget they exist. I dislike them because I, personally, think they're poorly designed, contemptible games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Let's beat him up together. :3

I like Wire-Frame Mac. He's one of those alternate costumes that's simply awesome. I imagen his entire green frame will change color when a different color. Or, just hos Gloves?
His floating hair makes it look weird. I mean, I know it is supposed to be there, but it would have been better looking if the hair was also framed, or if he didn't have hair (IMO). So I am not really going to use the costume too much. But at least it has some fans.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miyamoto did that?

Color me impressed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have indeed played them, and let me explain why I hate them:

The controls are sloppy and hard to get used to, the gameplay is repetitive and boring, and sometimes very confusing, the cutscenes are cringe-worthy, the graphics were below average for the time, and the soundtrack was just...empty. I don't give a damn about what reviewers said about the games, I'm not going to go along with them just because they said they were good, and I don't dislike them because Nintendo would much rather forget they exist. I dislike them because I, personally, think they're poorly designed, contemptible games.
Then that's an opinion I can respect. You have legitimate knowledge of them. Fair enough.

I wish to play them, and since I highly doubt they'll ever be worse than Phantom Hourglass to me(which I consider the worst Zelda game I ever played. It was goddamn awful design. Worst controls ever), well... I've seen the cutscenes of the CD-i games. I loved 'em. Hilarious. But to each their own.

Getting back to this picture, I think he could've at least mentioned another alternate costume. >_> I don't mean Male Wii Fit Trainer, I mean new ones. Or mention others might exist. It's a bit lacking, imo.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
It's a Monday folks, what can ya expect. See ya'll tomorrow night.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not even sure if every character is going to get an alternative; I mean it is implied, but personally, I wouldn't mind a picture with Male Fit Trainer doing nothing with a caption that confirms that every character is going to have an alternative costume. I don't want it to be like some Wario BS, where they only get one if it "applies."

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

"Hope you're not holding your breath for more cool alt costumes than this, we only did this one 'cause it was easy as hell." - Sakurai, 2014

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Agreed, I hope all characters get alternate outfits. It'd be pretty weird for some characters to get them but not everyone else. Even if it's just some minor obscure reference, it's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member

"Hope you're not holding your breath for more cool alt costumes than this, we only did this one 'cause it was easy as hell." - Sakurai, 2014
*Points to male WFT*
I just want a Dr. Mario costume and I can die happy.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd rather it be like Wario where it makes sense for it to be done.
That is fine; but I would like every character to have at least one alternative. It is the standard, every character has its players. Blah blah, it is important. I honestly didn't even believe that Wario needed the costume in Brawl, it is just something fun that caters to player preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom