• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Bizarro world here on the main competitive site. This is just a page of joking, right? 95%+ of us don't play with items regularly (that's not "hate", just a reality of being on a competitive site), we all know the AI is super free in every smash game and never does anything a human couldn't do, and those of us who play Pokemon know the AI doesn't cheat in that either and that the Battle Whatever challenges are just hard because Pokemon is super luck based and you're being asked to win 100-200 battles in a row which really makes the chances of losing to some low% event pretty high (for XY super singles though, try Wobbuffet/Mega Kangaskhan/Azumarill which is slightly weak to bulky grass but overall is a very strong team with very low losing chances). The AI actually does cheat in most Mario Kart games for what that's worth (it cheats more in the earlier ones; I'm not sure if it still cheats in the newer games).
We're not joking, and I'm pretty sure a good amount of us, despite being on the competitive side, enjoy playing with a few items if we just want to play for fun. And it's not so much that the AI cheats, but that it tends to have almost inhuman reaction, such as blocking attacks when given almost no warning or grabbing you immediately after you shield.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm just happy anytime I see anything from the Kirby franchise....I'm like the Kirby version of Admiral Pit, I guess.

Kirby on a Dragoon in glorious HD = Why no Kirby Air Ride 2 on WiiU? :kirby2::(
I would lose my FFFFing mind. My friends and I probably sunk at least a year into City Trial (which is ridiculous, really, it's not THAT deep, it's just fun)

I just hope the Dragoon doesn't drop immediately in any match that a Final Smash does not. That used to drive me nuts! I love both of those items, but you HAVE to turn them off occasionally because of over saturation.

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Are we gonna be able to take screenshots from the other side of the stage? Because the picture of Kirby riding the dragoon looks like it's facing the opposite direction.

R0Y

Smash Master
We're at over 80 confirmed items so far aren't we? Over 70 at any rate. Unreal. I hope the character roster is expanded by such an extent, but I'd be surprised if we got the 50 characters I'm hoping for.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
We're at over 80 confirmed items so far aren't we? Over 70 at any rate. Unreal. I hope the character roster is expanded by such an extent, but I'd be surprised if we got the 50 characters I'm hoping for.
Nah, we're at 69, 72 if you count all the containers as different items.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
We're getting massive amount of content that much is confirmed.
I'm expecting a 50-character roster with at least 50 stages per version, and around 1000 trophies in total, if not more.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm expecting a 50-character roster with at least 50 stages per version, and around 1000 trophies in total, if not more.
1000 Trophies sounds like a LOT to me. Remind me, how many trophies did Brawl and Melee have?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Bizarro world here on the main competitive site. This is just a page of joking, right? 95%+ of us don't play with items regularly (that's not "hate", just a reality of being on a competitive site), we all know the AI is super free in every smash game and never does anything a human couldn't do, and those of us who play Pokemon know the AI doesn't cheat in that either and that the Battle Whatever challenges are just hard because Pokemon is super luck based and you're being asked to win 100-200 battles in a row which really makes the chances of losing to some low% event pretty high (for XY super singles though, try Wobbuffet/Mega Kangaskhan/Azumarill which is slightly weak to bulky grass but overall is a very strong team with very low losing chances). The AI actually does cheat in most Mario Kart games for what that's worth (it cheats more in the earlier ones; I'm not sure if it still cheats in the newer games).

Either way, my experiences with the Dragoon in single player were that it was always really easy to make sure no single AI player got all the pieces so I never really tried dodging it but that it fired so slowly that there was really no reliable way to hit with it when I got it (the AI would randomly dodge it, and it was way too slow and limited to force any situation that would prevent that). If I assembled a full Dragoon, I'd just mash the fire button to fire at the first possible moment and hope I hit something; that seemed to produce the best results (maybe the AI committed to something so crazy slow that you can punish with Dragoon?). Does anyone actually know how many frames it takes to hit after firing? It seems to me to be slow enough to be probably consistently dodgable on reaction which means that it should hit a human very rarely (mostly in special circumstances like stage transitions, long recoveries, or doubles with your partner setting you up), but I've never taken frame data on it, do know the animation has all kinds of potentially misleading slowdown, and wouldn't know where to look in the game's files for that number. I just ask because everyone is talking like it was a strong item whereas my experiences were that it was a very weak item, and I'm actually kinda curious now who is right and whether the item is any good or not.
This isn't just the main competitive smash site though. This is just straight up the main smash site in general, regardless of skill level or play style. A lot of the people here are competitive players, a lot of people aren't.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd expect around 700-800 trophies this time. Kid Icarus: Uprising had the similar idols and they were around 500 (with animations!), if I recall correctly, so the 3DS can handle that amount of trophies.

There will also be the question of exclusive version trophies, but I'd assume the total number of trophies will be around 500 for the 3DS version and 700 for the Wii U version. There will be some overlap, such as playable characters or items, but it's likely some of the Smash Run enemies will only have trophies on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
While 50 playable characters is a lovely scenario, I wouldn't expect more than 45, just to be safe. I don't think we will get this huge amount of stages either, sadly.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
All this talk about trophies is reminding me how much time I wasted trying to get them all in Melee and Brawl.

And then that reminds me of all the stickers in Brawl and how THE LAST TWO NEVER MANIFESTED FOR ME :mad:

R0Y

Smash Master
Nah, we're at 69, 72 if you count all the containers as different items.
Ah, thank you very much.

No way, as big budget as Smash appears to be, I can't seen 1000 trophies, at least per version. 3DS is probably also going to be let down in some area other than graphical quality, FMV's, and amount of music for price alone.

EDIT: It'd be cool if the trophy collectibles popped up in the top left hand corners with a chime like PS3 or PS4 trophies, but with the details of the trophy and a small image of it instead.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I wonder when a new AT will be revealed. Im hoping for the return of Isaac and to have medusa, magnus and a few new series' AT's.

also.........is trying to collect all normal trophies and stickers/stamps really that hard andl ong?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder when a new AT will be revealed. Im hoping for the return of Isaac and to have medusa, magnus and a few new series' AT's.

also.........is trying to collect all normal trophies and stickers/stamps really that hard andl ong?
Oh ye poor naive fool. Ye know not of the wrath that ye bring upon thyself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
All this talk about trophies is reminding me how much time I wasted trying to get them all in Melee and Brawl.

And then that reminds me of all the stickers in Brawl and how THE LAST TWO NEVER MANIFESTED FOR ME :mad:
What were the last two? It's been so long since I've played Brawl I forgot that some required specific actions? Regardless, I'm gonna collect everything in Smash 4. EVERYTHING! (please let there not be any stickers this time, plz plz)

Morbi

Scavenger
What were the last two? It's been so long since I've played Brawl I forgot that some required specific actions? Regardless, I'm gonna collect everything in Smash 4. EVERYTHING! (please let there not be any stickers this time, plz plz)
I am pretty sure that they are randomized, so the last two could be anything.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
@ Morbi Morbi is right, they were randomized

But some genius (sakurai) decided to make it so the more you had, the lower chance you got new stickers. So, if you were to look at it as an exponential graph, it reached a plateau keeping completion just out of reach. Forgive me, I'm not a math whiz, I probably don't sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Either way, the Krystal and Lollipop stickers will haunt me forever. Even more reason to hate Krystal.

R0Y

Smash Master

But some genius (sakurai) decided to make it so the more you had, the lower chance you got new stickers. So, if you were to look at it as an exponential graph, it reached a plateau keeping completion just out of reach. Forgive me, I'm not a math whiz, I probably don't sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Either way, the Krystal and Lollipop stickers will haunt me forever. Even more reason to hate Krystal.
Wait, the trophies affect stickers too? Damn... Another odd Brawl decision.

Come now, there's never a reason to hate Krystal, not that she'll probably ever appear in Smash playable.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
E3 is actually less than a month away. It's so close and it seems to be going by faster now, but it was pretty slow. The wait is hard, but time's passing fast. Don't understand.

So Mother's Day, Earthbound.... who knows. Maybe the last reveal until E3? But... I'm calling no more character reveals until E3. It's just so close so why even bother.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

That's... a really messed up system! :D Seriously, that's awful for completion. It just means the more you get the harder it is to get the last ones, and that doesn't seem like a very nice way to reward all your hard work.

Man, makes me glad I never tried to get all the stickers. I feel your pain though.

E3 is actually less than a month away. It's so close and it seems to be going by faster now, but it was pretty slow. The wait is hard, but time's passing fast. Don't understand.
Yaaassss! I got to thinking about this yesterday and realized E3 is less than a month away, and just a little bit ago it seems it was more than a month and a half away. I'm glad time is going by fast. I want the E3 reveals now! These daily pics are nice, but they're really nothing but tiny morsels. I want the main course.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just saw something dreadtful in one of the profile pics above.

anyway......maybe at e3 there will be more veterans revealed like in the direct? if so captain falcon and ice climbers and ganondorf are what im expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom