• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Or next Thursdays picture; that is always a possibility.
Or perhaps it will be the "Interrupting Pic O'Day": Randomly, Sakurai will post a pic of the day on the site, only for the pic to link to the Polar Bear pic. Doho!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Tonight could be interesting so I'm going to stay up. It could just be the Polar Bear but I'm interested in seeing what Sakurai decides to do about this accidental "leak."
"Sorry about the Irrelevant Pic. Here's a new look at the beauty of Luigi's Nose."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tonight could be interesting so I'm going to stay up. It could just be the Polar Bear but I'm interested in seeing what Sakurai decides to do about this accidental "leak."
I still think the whole Polar Bear thing is just a coincidence.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So I'm incredibly late for talking about this pic, not that there's much to say, just a new item which is cool with some unexplained mechanics such as the arrow. My question is what the heck (not thinking of Wolf's line from Starfox 64 at all) was up with the polar bear pic? I mean it looked like it had little to offer in the way of information other then mentioning the polar bear as an enemy but it's weird that it was even put up just to be taken down. My guess would be it was a mistake but maybe in some crazy way it was intentional? Heck if anyone knows but I have my doubts that it will be tonights pic though that's probably just me being hopeful that we don't get anymore repeats.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Pretty certain the polar bear picture will be tonight's pic. Probably just a mix up and Friday's pic got posted early.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Okay can someone explain to me the significance of the Polar Bear pic?
It's been stated many times in this thread. Regardless, it was the first picture uploaded today, presumably on accident, and was replaced with the Bullet Bill pics. We know nothing of it other than what our eyes can see.

Shroob

Sup?
Now the question remains. Will Sakurai actually talk about the Polar Bear? While it seems likely, we really have no idea what to expect out of it. I mean, we already got a pic focused on Smash Run enemies this week, so wouldn't two seem odd?

When was the last time we got two of the same thing in a week? Was it the Pokemon and Mii stage?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Maybe today someone will slip-up and we'll see a veteran or newcomer.
Probably not though, I can't imagine Sakurai and the team were toooo happy at the employee who had website duty (is that how it works?) and they would be extra careful from here on out. But hey, everyone's human and the pic didn't even reveal anything new really so no harm done.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Maybe today someone will slip-up and we'll see a veteran or newcomer.
Probably not though, I can't imagine Sakurai and the team were toooo happy at the employee who had website duty (is that how it works?) and they would be extra careful from here on out. But hey, everyone's human and the pic didn't even reveal anything new really so no harm done.
Goodness gracious, imagine the sheer panic and hype that would ensue if a picture of a vet was on the website but Sakurai's Miiverse post is something totally different, and the vet pic would just be sitting there.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm betting Sakurai will never explain it and we'll never see that picture again.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Goodness gracious, imagine the sheer panic and hype that would ensue if a picture of a vet was on the website but Sakurai's Miiverse post is something totally different, and the vet pic would just be sitting there.
Haha, yeah, imagine on Miiverse Sakurai posting some pic like Sheik at Gerudo Valley with some caption like "Did you know the bridge breaks sometimes? Watch out!" while on the site we see Ganondorf slashing Jigglypuff, who's using fairy wind by the way, with his sword? With Ridley playing with a star rod in the distance of course.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I am thinking the same thing, we will never know why Zelda was getting mugged by a Polar Bear. Unfortunate, really.
I'm guessing it was taken down because it was the original choice for the picture, but deemed too crappy and replaced with the more exciting bullet bill. The original was then accidentally uploaded and removed when they realized. It's a crappy photo. There's no obvious reason for it to have been a PoTD beyond an accident.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm guessing it was taken down because it was the original choice for the picture, but deemed too crappy and replaced with the more exciting bullet bill. The original was then accidentally uploaded and removed when they realized. It's a crappy photo. There's no obvious reason for it to have been a PoTD beyond an accident.
To be fair, that's never stopped him from giving us crappy pics before.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't think we'll see the polar bear tonight. I think we'll see something awesome. Come on Ice Climbers!

LET'S START THIS HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MOTHER-SAKURAI

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Tbh, I would've liked Zelda getting mugged by the polar bear better. Also, I would love to see a random veteran reveal. Perhaps Ice Climbers?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm sure he will, but it will be less info about items and characters, and more focused toward unique Wii U stuff.

Maybe even some 3DS filler.
I feel like he'd probably start posting tips and tricks. He did it for Brawl and Uprising, and I don't think it'd be worth wait for the Wii U version to launch to start revealing that kind of stuff.

Also I really don't want to see that polar bear again. Pic was lame :/

Shroob

Sup?
I'm hard pressed to think of what we'd get this week. We've gotten an item, a stage mechanic, smashrun info, and a character de-confirmation in the form of a trophy. Only things we haven't gotten are a general gameplay update or a character's move if we're going for 'smaller scale' reveals I feel.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Which is good. Remain positive. In fact, just be happy that a character you like is in the game in some form. Even if they end up being announced as NPCs. That's the best thing to do in the situation.
I really hate when ppl say that we should be glad he is in anyway, if I just wanted to see a none playable ridley I just go play metroid.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really hate when ppl say that we should be glad he is in anyway, if I just wanted to see a none playable ridley I just go play metroid.
Right? It implies that people are entitled because they were hoping for something.

Too many people excited about them for you to be, eh?

Normally I'd agree, but I really want to want know what's going on with them.
You know me all too well, Kenny.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know me all too well, Kenny.
That's what I do. After all, I am an emissary from the future.

I am actually really excited to see the Wii U version of pretty much every character, as for the vast majority of them, this is the first (and likely only) HD incarnation they'll ever get.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That wouldn't even excite me to be perfectly honest. I would just be like, "meh" and go to bed.
Well, you just stopped the hype train in it's tracks.

I'm not expecting the IC's because of last night, I just want them because they rock. Any character is a win.

I'm staying up because it's 3pm in Australia.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Tbh, I would've liked Zelda getting mugged by the polar bear better. Also, I would love to see a random veteran reveal. Perhaps Ice Climbers?
Twilight Princess Yeti & Wife slide into battle!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Im staying up because I have a final I need to keep working on and im gonna lose all my sleep on it yaaay

oh and yeah the PotD too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom