• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It'll be interesting to see the range on the Bullet Bill as it seems like it'd be easy to fly off the stage and SD with the item. I'm still more interested in a description of the blue shell, however, so hopefully that will be one of the next items picked.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It'll be interesting to see the range on the Bullet Bill as it seems like it'd be easy to fly off the stage and SD with the item. I'm still more interested in a description of the blue shell, however, so hopefully that will be one of the next items picked.
Yes inwould love to know about the blue shell

We know green is unguided the red one just tracks where the character is but stays on the ground and does not as much damage as green

But i really want to know about blue that completes the family tree

But one item i would love to know more about is the S flag but i am 90% sure we are never going to know about it till june 10th or one of the other E3 days

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Even if we technically knew that the bullet bill was there, there was still some questions on how it worked, so I can live with this.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
As you said, that's terribly unlikely. From what we've seen so far, all the enemies represent franchises that have playable representation so unless something comes up from something that's already been disconfirmed like Dillon's Rolling Western or Sin and Punishment, I'd say the Ice Climbers are essentially a lock to return.
Just for the off topic record, Sin and Punishment as a series isn't confirmed to have no playable rep yet since it still has another main protagonist left and some people were expecting over Saki (Isa Joe). I don't think he's at all likely but it's premature to say the series is "disconfirmed" at this point.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Smash Run stuff have been getting common lately. No complaints here since we got the Orne... though I'm gonna hate that thing just like I do in Uprising.
The Orne is not Smash Run specific, we know that the pic took place on Reset Bomb Forest where the Orne was shown so either stage hazard or boss or assist with stage hazard most likely.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Orne is not Smash Run specific, we know that the pic took place on Reset Bomb Forest where the Orne was shown so either stage hazard or boss or assist with stage hazard most likely.
That's what happens when I don't read closely. Regardless, seeing an Orne in the Reset Bomb Forest is just weird since it was never in there, but I may be worried.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That red marking on the picture must mean that no matter where you go as a bullet bill, you'll return to that spot. Hope I'm not too stupid and just discovered this now.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
When I first saw the picture, my eyes were acting blurry, and I thought the Bullet Bill was Gooey from Dream Land 3.
What's this polar bear talk all about? What happened exactly?
Before the Bullet Bill picture came up, a picture of Zelda being attacked by a Polar Bear was shown. The picture was then replaced with the current picture.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Tomorrow's caption: "Pic of the Day: Everybody slips up once in a while. Not Polar Bears, though. These enemies can walk on ice without losing traction. Which reminds me of a certain pair of characters..."

Monday's picture: "Here's what characters look like when they've picked up a Metal Box. The HD texturing is quite nice. Here, you can see the entire stage reflected in Luigi's nose."

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Also: Sakurai, why you be putting Mario Kart-styled items in mah Smash?
Well, the Lightning Bolt and Banana Peel are preexisting Mario Kart items...
First the Boomerang, then the Blue Tortoise Shell; now this?! I expect the Piranha Plant next; probably closer to Mario Kart's release date, it would be a cool pic of the day.
Wouldn't that be more of a SM3DW item? That's where it came from first, and the effect in MK8 is not unique to it. The Boomerang is also originally from regular Mario games... The POW Block could've been inspired by MK Wii, I suppose.

I guess the remaining possible Mario Kart items are Golden Mushrooms, Blooper, Item Box, Fake Item Box, Thunder Cloud, Feather, Boo, and the special items from Double Dash. Most of them seem hard to implement...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The fact that you turn into a Bullet Bill when using the item clearly means that the pic of Bullet Bill on Pyrosphere was Ridley using it. Oh you clever Sakurai you.

Obligatory "this post is in jest" disclaimer.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Tomorrow's caption: "Pic of the Day: Everybody slips up once in a while. Not Polar Bears, though. These enemies can walk on ice without losing traction. Which reminds me of a certain pair of characters..."

Monday's picture: "Here's what characters look like when they've picked up a Metal Box. The HD texturing is quite nice. Here, you can see the entire stage reflected in Luigi's nose."
Tuesday's picture: "Newcomers Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina! We really hope you enjoy these two amazing new fighters!"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I see a Little Red Arrow. Probably means that, when Bill goes Boom, you will come back there. Kinda like Ganondorf's Final Smash.

Also

*posts a Little*

*leaves for a big chunk of the day*

*comes back*

*has 22 notifications* Which is odd, as I don't have anyone to talk to, so most must have been Likes, which is also odd, as I don't Believe I say much like-worthy.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I see a Little Red Arrow. Probably means that, when Bill goes Boom, you will come back there. Kinda like Ganondorf's Final Smash.

Also

*posts a Little*

*comes back*

*has 22 notifications* Which is odd, as I don't have anyone to talk to, so most must have been Likes, which is also odd, as I don't Believe I say much like-worthy.
I LIKE the way you think :applejack:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
That red marking on the picture must mean that no matter where you go as a bullet bill, you'll return to that spot. Hope I'm not too stupid and just discovered this now.
So far it's likely to be as you say, it's simply the destination you will return to. The only other thing I can think of is it being like smash 64's red triangles above items.

The only reason I believe it COULD be the later is that the first screen shot also has a mini grey triangle over the bullet bill item. So far that's the first item with a grey arrow though, meaning it's either special to Bullet Bill, or it's a dev tool for items/toggled option for items.

Also

*posts a Little*

*comes back*

Pure nonsense is what you speak. You are liked by all, if all is me.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
im gonna laugh my *** off when Mii's are confirmed.....AS ASSIST TROPHIES!!!!
I will be surprised but everyone is allowed to be wrong.
still ......I would have like 9/10 correct :p

edit: since it seems like the internet knows about sakurai's mistake.....I don't think we will get the same picture tomorrow.

also considering it was obvious sakurai knew about the palutena leak since he showed viridi the day after.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, the Lightning Bolt and Banana Peel are preexisting Mario Kart items...

Wouldn't that be more of a SM3DW item? That's where it came from first, and the effect in MK8 is not unique to it. The Boomerang is also originally from regular Mario games... The POW Block could've been inspired by MK Wii, I suppose.

I guess the remaining possible Mario Kart items are Golden Mushrooms, Blooper, Item Box, Fake Item Box, Thunder Cloud, Feather, Boo, and the special items from Double Dash. Most of them seem hard to implement...
Probably; I don't Mario. I suppose Nintendo recycles a lot of items, it makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Most items in Mario Kart exist prior to Mario Kart. Those that exist because of Mario Kart are rare unless the Arcade titles are taken to account.
[/topic]

Last edited by a moderator:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
That's true, but the Bullet Bill effect is only in Mario Kart. Bullet Bills were in Brawl, in the SSE, but there they were enemies and they behaved like they normally do. This Bullet Bill behaves specifically like the Mario Kart item.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's true, but the Bullet Bill effect is only in Mario Kart. Bullet Bills were in Brawl, in the SSE, but there they were enemies and they behaved like they normally do. This Bullet Bill behaves specifically like the Mario Kart item.
yes.

The bullet bills (as non-item)are also in smash run.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So after the 3DS version releases, do you guys still think Sakurai will do the pic of the day till the Wii U version comes out?
I'm sure he will, but it will be less info about items and characters, and more focused toward unique Wii U stuff.

Maybe even some 3DS filler.

Shroob

Sup?
Alrighty, let's get this pic of the Polar Bear and close this somewhat strong week out...

Honestly though, the Polar Bear must have some information behind it. Two pics of Smash Run enemies in one week seems strange.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
When I saw the Bullet Bill in the Wii U pictures I thought it would do what it did in Mario Kart but then I assumed it was a new projectile weapon like the bullet bill blaster that Roy (koopa) had:

I'm glad it works like it dose in MK and it looks like an interesting item to use ^^
Also I think the red arrow is there because when it first activates you have to aim before you launch yourself

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
New crapshot as the upcoming pic of the day. I can feel it.

A pic of Luigi adjusting Mario's nose while Peach watches at the side.

IMG_132678761318619-1.jpg

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When was the last time we got a picture like that? It has been a really long time, I think. He has been cranking out the news since December.
You're right. How silly of me.

Luigi will adjust Ridley's nose and Samus will be running away from the beauty that is Ridley. Confirming Ridley at the same time.

It's possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom