• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
First of april... am I the only who expects some cruel joke like confirming Ridley as a Stage Hazard?

And then a second picture with "nah jk, Ridley is way too popular, instead he is an Assist Trophy".

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
First of april... am I the only who expects some cruel joke like confirming Ridley as a Stage Hazard?

And then a second picture with "nah jk, Ridley is way too popular, instead he is an Assist Trophy".
I'd probably be depressed for a while...

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
It's not only that he obviously doesn't know the characters at all but still judges them worthy or not to be in the game, it's the same old "This doesn't fit.".
For ****'s sake, EVERYONE FITS.
EVERYONE.
I previously stated I'm a big fan of both characters (particularly Wright), and made no mention of worthiness. It seems to me you're allowing your status as a fan to prevent you consider other points of view, and instead resorting to CAPS LOCK and memes to try to make your point. I understand perfectly well that other people may not share my viewpoint, but I'm equally entitled to it, and if you're willing to continue the discussion in a reasonable manner I'd happily do so in the appropriate thread.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Come on guys you really can't complain that we're going off topic during the week-end. We have to or we'll go insane.
But there's plenty of other places to do that. I admit, it's going to be hard to stay on topic this weekend with the high prospect of a Direct this week and the fact this is our first character-less month but that just means we'll have to migrate to other threads until Monday.

On the topic of the PoD this month, has it really been that disappointing? Aside from last week with its underwhelming updates, this has been a great month. We're currently 18 for 20 for this month with 1 filler, 1 throwaway, and 16 pics with new stuff. A whopping 90 percent. Last month was 11 for 21 and January was 11 for 20 in comparison. That's almost a 40% jump from both months. Despite the lack of a character, almost every day was something new and we even had two weeks where every pic was new, something that's never happened in the previous months. If anything, March probably started a trend that's not going to end until the game comes out so I don't see why so many people are devastatingly disappointed with how things went down.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I previously stated I'm a big fan of both characters (particularly Wright), and made no mention of worthiness. It seems to me you're allowing your status as a fan to prevent you consider other points of view, and instead resorting to CAPS LOCK and memes to try to make your point. I understand perfectly well that other people may not share my viewpoint, but I'm equally entitled to it, and if you're willing to continue the discussion in a reasonable manner I'd happily do so in the appropriate thread.
I'm sorry, but if you're really a fan of both characters and you don't realize they can fight without any problem, I have an hard time believing that.
Come on, don't pull my leg.
And obviously you are entitled for your opinion. That doesn't make it any less stupid.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'm sorry, but if you're really a fan of both characters and you don't realize they can fight without any problem, I have an hard time believing that.
Come on, don't pull my leg.
And obviously you are entitled for your opinion. That doesn't make it any less stupid.
And you're clearly incapable of intelligent conversation, and therefore wasting my time. If you don't possess the ability to hold a reasonable debate then you're clearly not worth bothering with.

On the topic of the PoD this month, has it really been that disappointing? Aside from last week with its underwhelming updates, this has been a great month. We're currently 18 for 20 for this month with 1 filler, 1 throwaway, and 16 pics with new stuff. A whopping 90 percent. Last month was 11 for 21 and January was 11 for 20 in comparison. That's almost a 40% jump from both months. Despite the lack of a character, almost every day was something new and we even had two weeks where every pic was new, something that's never happened in the previous months. If anything, March probably started a trend that's not going to end until the game comes out so I don't see why so many people are devastatingly disappointed with how things went down.
I think this month's been pretty good in retrospect. We've had stages, items - lots of worthwhile bits and bobs to tide us over until the next Direct. I think it's the break from monthly character reveals that's got everybody riled - but who knows, Monday could still bring good tidings.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
And you're clearly incapable of intelligent conversation, and therefore wasting my time. If you don't possess the ability to hold a reasonable debate then you're clearly not worth bothering with.

I think this month's been pretty good in retrospect. We've had stages, items - lots of worthwhile bits and bobs to tide us over until the next Direct. I think it's the break from monthly character reveals that's got everybody riled - but who knows, Monday could still bring good tidings.
If we got a character this month, i wouldn't be complaining. Like you said, it's honestly been a really good month. It's just that I can't play AS any of the stages or items...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think it'll be one of three characters because I feel like Sakurai has used this "strategy" before. I don't think it'll be someone super popular but, instead, is someone who is more on the obscure side or has a small (but dedicated) fanbase. Why do I think this? Look at how Sakurai revealed newcomers for Brawl. Pit was revealed during the E3 trailer. Why? To build hype for a relatively obscure character. Fast forward 15 months; who was the newcomer that broke the newcomer drought after E3? Ike. Why? Again, to build hype for a relatively obscure character. Fast forward five months; who was the newcomer that ended the three month character drought? Olimar. I feel like this was deliberate especially when you consider how Sakurai chose to reveal significantly more popular characters like Sonic, Dedede, and Diddy between Ike and Olimar.

Fast forward to E3 last year. Who was the big shocker character at E3? Wii Fit Trainer. Again, I feel like Sakurai took advantage of the hype of E3 to build hype for a character virtually nobody cared about beforehand. Fast forward one last time to December of last year. Who was the character who broke the 6 month newcomer drought and the 40 day character drought? Rosalina, a character many people readily dismissed in favor of more popular Mario characters. See what I'm seeing?

I feel like Sakurai does this on purpose so the fans associate the thrill of seeing a new character after a long time with a character that isn't that popular or well known so that they'll actually be excited to play as them, even if they haven't a clue who they are or didn't particularly want them. As a marketing strategy, this is brilliant. In all honesty, would as many people have been excited for Wii Fit Trainer if she wasn't revealed at E3? Would Ike have received the fanfare that he got if Diddy had been the one who broke the newcomer drought with Brawl? This all being said, I expect the newcomer revealed to be someone who may not top many people's fan lists, but still be a well welcomed addition when they're recognized for breaking yet another character drought. If and when a Nintendo Direct is announced next week, I'll post my theories on who the three potential characters are.
Well your probably right so for that it would be either palutena or Mach rider (if confirmed anyway)

Staarih

Smash Master
It's just that I can't play AS any of the stages or items...
Cucco, if only!

But yeah, I don't think I'll expect or speculate much unless a Direct is officially announced... which is still quite a wait even if it was to happen next week. I do hope we get some sort of character extravaganza revealing not only one, but maybe three or four characters at once (like a newcomer + few veterans) to make up for quiet March. I do agree that information-wise this month has been good, but characters is what we desire the most.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I will laugh if monday's pic announces another character and then everybody starts saying March was the best month considering everybody is already saying we didn't get a character in March.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Layton can fence /debate

also ridley for april will make the march pain all better

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Enough guys he did no April fools update on brawl so if he did no joke update for brawl he won't do ssb4 either
To be fair though, the Dojo didn't come about until May 2007 and Brawl had already been released in Japan and North America by the time April 1st rolled around in 2008. Is April Fool's Day even culturally relevant in Japan? That's why I doubt anything related to it on Tuesday.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I can see him possibly mentioning in the comments that some places celebrate April Fools Day and maybe reassure them that the potd isn't a joke or he could try a Phosphera-esque update. Speaking of April holidays, does Japan celebrate Easter? I would guess not but I honestly don't know

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair though, the Dojo didn't come about until May 2007 and Brawl had already been released in Japan and North America by the time April 1st rolled around in 2008. Is April Fool's Day even culturally relevant in Japan? That's why I doubt anything related to it on Tuesday.
I know New Leaf has April Fool's day, though I guess it celebrates most 'holidays'.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can see him possibly mentioning in the comments that some places celebrate April Fools Day and maybe reassure them that the potd isn't a joke or he could try a Phosphera-esque update. Speaking of April holidays, does Japan celebrate Easter? I would guess not but I honestly don't know
Nope. Easter is a Christian holiday, and only 1% of Japanese are Christian.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Google says Japan also celebrates April Fools Day (as do a surprising amount of other countries). So heck, it's a possibility.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Nope. Easter is a Christian holiday, and only 1% of Japanese are Christian.
Ah okay, many thanks. I knew Easter had some sort of religious background but I wasn't sure what kind. Too bad, it could have been another chance (albeit a slim one) for Yoshi being revealed since he's got relation to eggs. Either that or some relation to rabbits like maybe Duggersby as a background Pokemon for Lumiose City.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
A little late to the party, but the Prism Tower stage looks decent. I always liked the idea of a vertically scrolling stage, but I wasn't too fond of the DK one in Brawl.

The top of the tower reminds me of the Saffron City stage in 64. Now that was a cool stage...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A little late to the party, but the Prism Tower stage looks decent. I always liked the idea of a vertically scrolling stage, but I wasn't too fond of the DK one in Brawl.

The top of the tower reminds me of the Saffron City stage in 64. Now that was a cool stage...
I agree. Actually, both DK stages in Brawl sucked. So disappointing seeing as there's so many cool locations in that series.

I really love the new stage too. You're right about it being reminiscent of Saffron City. As long as the platforms don't change too radically I'll be happy.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If Prism Tower does end up being closer to Halberd then something like Rumble Falls, I'm pretty sure it'll be my favorite 3DS stage. Now if the music selection ends up being on point... might be candidate for one of my favorite stages ever.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If Prism Tower does end up being closer to Halberd then something like Rumble Falls, I'm pretty sure it'll be my favorite 3DS stage. Now if the music selection ends up being on point... might be candidate for one of my favorite stages ever.
It appears to me thay is might act similar to Castle Siege, except it takes you upwards then you fall back to the ground.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Makes me wonder how exactly you'll transition back to the ground. Will the platform just fall like a sack of bricks, or will it be like a fade away? I liked castle siege all right, but I thought the transitions between areas was kinda awkward. I dunno. No big deal either way, I spose.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Makes me wonder how exactly you'll transition back to the ground. Will the platform just fall like a sack of bricks, or will it be like a fade away? I liked castle siege all right, but I thought the transitions between areas was kinda awkward. I dunno. No big deal either way, I spose.
Look at the one PoD where you can see Prism Tower (+Town) at night.
It probably will cruise around the tower and it is slowly getting day, and then you are at the bottom of the tower again. :)

Last edited:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Look at the one PoD where you can see Prism Tower (+Town) at night.
It probably will cruise around the tower and it is slowly getting day, and then you are at the bottom of the tower again. :)
Aha! That makes sense, good point...although it would be pretty funny if you just all of a sudden fell straight down to the street.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Someone said there's likely to be a Direct this/coming week? That'd be wonderful.

Maybe they are gonna talk a lot more than usual about Smash this time, thus they decided to include veterans there as well instead of showing them in PotD?

Injusticefan14

Smash Rookie
Semi Off-Topic but since its a Pokemon picture.....

I havent played pokemon in a while. I thought Diggersby was this:

I was severely disappointed.

Please no Diggersby cameo.....

Please.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a reminder....

For off topic discussion, go to the social thread.

For rumors, go to the rumors and leaks thread.

And to discuss characters, go to the character discussion thread.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I just had the best Idea ever for the April fools pic. It is a picture of a massive Ridley doing a sweep attack on pyroshere, then the next day it reveals that it was actually his final smash the day before, and that Ridley is playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Monday is the last day of March and Tuesday is the day where misinformation on the internet suddenly becomes funny. We have some things to watch out for to be sure.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
OKAY. So here's what I want to happen. They announce tomorrow a direct on Monday and have a pic of the day be... I dunno, some newcomer lots of people want as an assist trophy or stage hazard. Best example, I'll use Ridley, though I'm pretty neutral on his inclusion. They do some camera trick with Ridley in the back and write "Pic of the day. Oh wow! Ridley makes an appearance in the Pyrosphere! Good for him!" and then later at the direct they have some great new trailer for him and later write "REAL Pic of the day. April Fools! Ridley will be making an appearance on all stages as a new character! Look at those huge wings!" AND ALSO at the direct they say ProfLayton vs Ace Attorney is coming out everywhere else on... April 2 or something...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I just want people to consider/make me aware... Has Nintendo EVER done anything significant for April Fools? I know it's something relevant so we like to discuss it in order to be able to discuss anything at all, but it just seems like people are expecting something with no little to no precedent.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I just want people to consider/make me aware... Has Nintendo EVER done anything significant for April Fools? I know it's something relevant so we like to discuss it in order to be able to discuss anything at all, but it just seems like people are expecting something with no little to no precedent.
There's Always a LOT of Nintendo-related things for April Fools, but I don't Think Nintendo themselves have ever done anything noticable, no.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
There's Always a LOT of Nintendo-related things for April Fools, but I don't Think Nintendo themselves have ever done anything noticable, no.
Yeah that's what I mean. If anything I expect a slew of "leaks" to pop up during that day. Hell maybe we'll see some sort of "official word" on the Palutena leak just to stir up problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom