• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah that's what I mean. If anything I expect a slew of "leaks" to pop up during that day. Hell maybe we'll see some sort of "official word" on the Palutena leak just to stir up problems.
I do expect a load of Smash related things that day, lol. There WILL be Pics of the day Before and after the real one, and few of them will look good at all. There will be Ridleys and Miis and Pacmans and Gokus confirmed left and right. Hell itself will crumble from the rage and hype on Miiverse who will swallow every Little lie.

Then all will turn dark, silent, and nothing but Sakurai's cat will be seen. Forever.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think we need to be more worried about what other media will do on April Fools. Sakurai isn't likely to acknowledge it, but other sites may take advantage of it and claim they have new SSB4 info.

I hope Sakurai breaks no character March on Monday...

Maybe he's slowing down the character reveals before E3 or just in general to leave some info hidden.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Nobody should be worried about anything. The only legitimate news on Smash has come directly from Sakurai and Nintendo Directs. We're gonna get a throw-away pic on Tuesday, and even if it is a character, he wouldn't be fooling us, as it's a Western tradition to trick people.

That being said I still need to pick up my multicolored light bulbs to install around the apartment while my roommates are at work :troll:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I beat Starfox 64 3D today and afterwards I listened to the sound test and it got me thinking. With the whole 3DS having portable stuff and Wii U having home console stuff was there any mention of music following the same rule? I would love to hear a large amount of Adventures and Assault music on the Wii U version, lots of Command music on the 3DS version and some 64 music on both...If only there was motd and not just potd :/ dah well also this isn't very on topic so time to resort to 'predicting'

I still believe we won't get a character on Monday and oddly enough for a potential newcomer for April, I'd like to see Toon Zelda just so we have a chance of getting Toon Ganon :3 as for veterans...:ganondorf::wolf: yeah I'm not creative but at least they aren't 'guranteed characters' Wolf is usually on cut lists and Ganon could be decloned giving him a new playstyle

...Man, weekends are surprisingly boring

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe he's slowing down the character reveals before E3 or just in general to leave some info hidden.
We got 19 out of 35 veterans so that's more than half of them

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Nobody should be worried about anything. The only legitimate news on Smash has come directly from Sakurai and Nintendo Directs. We're gonna get a throw-away pic on Tuesday, and even if it is a character, he wouldn't be fooling us, as it's a Western tradition to trick people.

That being said I still need to pick up my multicolored light bulbs to install around the apartment while my roommates are at work :troll:
It's not a western tradition, actually. Japan celebrate April Fools equally, as do a surprising number of other countries. I still doubt we'll get anything, as Nintendo have no history of joining in, but who knows? :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's not a western tradition, actually. Japan celebrate April Fools equally, as do a surprising number of other countries. I still doubt we'll get anything, as Nintendo have no history of joining in, but who knows? :)
Thank you for the insight! I feel like I've learned a lot, haha! But hey, this is exciting isnt it? Sakurai usually likes playing with our expectations but would he find April Fooling us too cruel? I'll havta go to the dojo and see if he did anything for brawl...
EDIT: Huh. For Brawl, the updates started May 22 2007, and 2008's April 1st revealed the Pirate Ship stage after the game already came out. Soooo... If Japan's April 1 is a day before ours (im on east coast of NA, darn timezone confusion) Then they announced Wolf. Sooo...that wasnt much of a joke either, but then again the game already came out so I dunno. Not like he could trick people about what was in the game when it was already out.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I anticipate a character announcement in a direct on Monday. Sakurai will likely say "April Fools!" for the "real" PotD, or at least imply it.

I don't anticipate anything particularly cruel, but I'd love to see Ridley fans rage even harder than normal at being lead on. [Though, admittedly, they likely feel lead on by such things as multiple colors in D3's Fsmash and the presence of open-air stages]

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it be bad business for them to fool the playerbase, it will confuse some fans

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, Monday prediction. I'd like to expect a veteran, since that would at least give us One for March, but I don't see it. So, I expect Another Item.

Staarih

Smash Master
I still predict Sandbag for Monday to end this item-heavy month with an item. I guess it could work for April 1st as well to fool around with it being a playable character haha.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I still predict Sandbag for Monday to end this item-heavy month with an item. I guess it could work for April 1st as well to fool around with it being a playable character haha.
Pic of the Day: "The Newcomer, Sandbag, joins the battle! Sandbag is a unique fighter, in that you don't actually contoll him. Also, he never moves."

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think we're kinda overdue for a more nuanced mechanical post either talking about some big change (like the new ledge mechanics) or just going into detail about some specific move. That could just be wishful thinking though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we're kinda overdue for a more nuanced mechanical post either talking about some big change (like the new ledge mechanics) or just going into detail about some specific move. That could just be wishful thinking though.
We have yet to see the following moves. Be nice to see if any of them have changed.

Diddy Kong: Monkey Flip
Donkey Kong: Headbutt
King Dedede: Swallow, Waddle Dee toss
Kirby: Swallow
Link: (Gale) Boomerang
Lucario: Force Palm
Luigi: Luigi Cyclone
Olimar: All of them
Peach: Peach Bomber, Turnips
Samus: Screw Attack
Toon Link: Boomerang
Zelda: Nyru's Love, Transform

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So I guess Olimar really will only have Three Pikmin at a time in this game. It's a shame, I loved seeing my own private Little army follow my every move. :(
But how will it work? if you Throw more than one Pikmin when you can only have Three, your Smash attacks will immediately be weakened. ._.

But at least Olimar is likely to have a new Up Special and Final Smash. That's awesome.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
So I guess Olimar really will only have Three Pikmin at a time in this game. It's a shame, I loved seeing my own private Little army follow my every move. :(
But how will it work? if you Throw more than one Pikmin when you can only have Three, your Smash attacks will immediately be weakened. ._.

But at least Olimar is likely to have a new Up Special and Final Smash. That's awesome.
I wouldn't stake a small number of screens as evidence, but if it is indeed true it could mean some drastic changes in strategy. I bet he'd have to get a little buffed in order to make his attacks do more damage before he loses pikmin

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I wouldn't stake a small number of screens as evidence, but if it is indeed true it could mean some drastic changes in strategy. I bet he'd have to get a little buffed in order to make his attacks do more damage before he loses pikmin
True, but in all 27 Pictures we see Pikmin in, there's never more than Three. :/ Not even in the one showing Samus killing Three of them. Of course it's not confirmed, but I can't help but Think that will be the case now. I mean, why never show more than Three? At all?

And yes, he would have to be changed up quite a lot, haha. Let's hope the Upcoming Direct will have a Developer Smash Direct where he talks about all things, veterans included.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
True, but in all 27 Pictures we see Pikmin in, there's never more than Three. :/ Not even in the one showing Samus killing Three of them. Of course it's not confirmed, but I can't help but Think that will be the case now. I mean, why never show more than Three? At all?

And yes, he would have to be changed up quite a lot, haha. Let's hope the Upcoming Direct will have a Developer Smash Direct where he talks about all things, veterans included.
If he only has 3 Pikmin now, I would certainly hope that his recovery move is the pink Pikmin now.

Staarih

Smash Master
That is pretty weird, but I wouldn't look too much into it. Maybe three just is a "default" number which is used for promotional images (and Olimar's official art). However, I do feel that Olimar might be under some changes anyway, whether it's just the amount of Pikmin or somehow implementing the new ones (Winged and Rock Pikmin)... or something else. I'd like him to be in the next "this is how we changed this character" -picture, maybe giving us a better idea whether or not he's the same. I do hope for the new Pikmin species implemented somehow, and Olimar needs to start being more prominent in the pictures anyway.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Staarih Staarih
True, but for Brawl, they immediately explained the amount of Pikmin he could have, right? It just feels odd to ONLY show Three now. :/ But yeah, maybe looking into it. But we'll see.
Also, I expect there to maybe be some late-addition clones like in Melee, with Alph being a Olimar clone, with the Changes of using Winged and Rock instead of Purple and White. ^^

@ mygamecube mygamecube
Maybe he could use two Pikmin and spin them around. Pikcopter!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I hope we get an Alfonzo scale update! I'll leave it to Sakurai, even though he's unsure of what he is creating.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well tomorrow is the final chance for a character if nothing first ever month with no character (I'm not holding my breathe at all)

And as for April fools I'm pretty sure he's not doing a April fools joke but if he did about smash 4 it woulden't be as mean as Ridley is a stage hazard or assist trophy or deconfirm anybody)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well tomorrow is the final chance for a character if nothing first ever month with no character (I'm not holding my breathe at all)

And as for April fools I'm pretty sure he's not doing a April fools joke but if he did about smash 4 it woulden't be as mean as Ridley is a stage hazard or assist trophy or deconfirm anybody)
image.jpg

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Not betting on a character tonight. I'm thinking we'll get information on a mechanic in the game, like a specific character's move or a general move change.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
No character March is real. Filler pic tonight. No acknowledgment of April Fools. Sakurai is growing up.

I'd love game mechanic info this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom