• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm around 98% sure there won't be a character tomorrow. There has never been a character on a Monday, and I feel like that would be a harder trend to break then the at least one character a month trend.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I'm around 98% sure there won't be a character tomorrow. There has never been a character on a Monday, and I feel like that would be a harder trend to break then the at least one character a month trend.
I think the opposite, there were only two characters that were revealed on random dates, Peach and Marth. All other characters were tied down to a game release/direct/special occasion (Lucario). And for the case of Peach and Marth it seemed like they were put in so that they could filled in the character reveal for the months of September and November, Since they are only two characters it isn't enough data to say whether or not the days of the week play a significant role nor they are enough to show that Sakurai wants to reveal a character a month even if there is no Direct or game release but I'm leaning on the latter since their reveals seem like they were filling in the gaps.

Of course, that's just my interpretation of it, so I guess we might find out in like 2 hours or so.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, no rules for what Days a character will get revealed. However, I do not expect one for today anyways. Would love to be pleasantly surprised, though~

So, not gonna guess what we'll get today. But I do not Think we'll get something April Fools related. Maybe a in-pic joke, but that's about it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If we end up getting some sort of cruel update that isn't a character reveal, I'll be disappointed that Sakurai would starve an entire month out for not even 1 veteran. I mean, the Challenger Approaching banner is down and it has been roughly 4 weeks since Diddy Kong. Would be perfect for a random choice of character too because of no important dates. The sooner the better, Sakurai!

So, for veterans I would like to see:

Wario - I dunno why, but I'm feeling that he's coming soon. Ashley beat him to the first point of repsmanship, so it's safe to say he should be expected if his series is getting some item priority. Would be nice to showcase his WarioWare and Wario Land/Mario Bros. costumes maybe in one pic on his page. Would be a nice clarification of alt costumes and maybe even recolors. Oh, and I want to see more of dat blushy blue eyeshadow of your's this time around! Don't forget your fat pouches.
Captain Falcon - Like the rest of the 4 out of the Original 12 left, it'll be a relief to see him any day now. Sakurai references the Falcon Punch in one interview when speaking about balancing characters for free-for-alls and 1v1s. Pretty much a nod that somewhere within the game's files, our high octane, swear-slurring (****IN' PUNCH! ****IN' KICK!) racer looms. Would appreiciate a nice visual upgrade too. Particularly having the edges of his gloves to his elbows and his boots to his knees protruding out a bit and having a spikier edge. As well as the golden falcon emblem on his helmet extend out with its wingspan going slightly behind his crown and the neck and head of the falcon extending forward. Oh, and dose scarf physics will be awesome updated for HD.
Jigglypuff - Yet again, another one of the Original 12. There have been so many points to have a Pokemon-related reveal and Lucario really caught us off guard for taking the Brawl anniversary. Then again, that wouldn't be relevant to Jiggs. I expect some changes in her moveset & special effects to reflect its Normal-Fairy retyping and some nerfs to make her time dealing with other characters a bit easier. Disarming Voice? Sweet Kiss?
Ness - Do I really have to explain what group he's part of? Earthbound content has been creeping around through ambiguous details such as Mr. Saturn in the blackboard drawing. Wait, no. That's the only piece of evidence support Earthbound characters returning. And with that, a stage or two and the Mr. Saturn item. Wonder if he's going to look any different this time around.
Ice Climbers - That lovable pair of Melee vets who everyone loves to piss others off with their desync chaingrabs. No, but seriously, it would be kind of a bummer not to have them after so long. Sakurai implicitly referenced them when referring to 3DS limitation, leading many to believe they would be cut because of complications with their AI. But seeing as Pikmin & Olimar are back even with reduced count, what's going to sway them from another return?

Dairz

Smash Ace
A reveal? I wouldn't expect it... the PotD will probably just be Sakurai sitting at his desk while a creepy fan hides behind his chair.
"Pic of the day. (The back of my neck sure feels warm...)"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If there were ever a time to bank on Sakurai's predictability its today.... right?.... right?

So its confirmed to be a character..... right?....
right?....

Definitely.... I mean the last time Sakurai was predictable was back at the DeDeDe reveal so I think we are over-due for a predictable character reveal... maybe...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Part of me thinks you guys were so swindled with Yoshi denial (who wasn't?) that you are thinking Sakurai's not going to do the expected and not reveal a character today. Well, if I become disappointed from my predictions being wrong, I can only blame myself. I'll try to maintain neutral mindset. But godsdamn, the prospect of another veteran feels good to just think about!

Welp, Hotcakes is going to get some shuteye for college. See ya later, Smash brethern!

Staarih

Smash Master
C'mon Sandbag! Or Kirby hat! Or alt costume/colour! Or mechanic update!

A character reveal today would be very surprising.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Imagine... Sakurai has made us believe that March and Monday's won't have a character reveal... then he blows our minds with a character tonight.

He is the troll master, after all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I find it interesting so much info is being shown about stages we already have seen...
Yet we've seen plenty of Battlefield, Punch Out, and Pyrosphere...
Must mean they don't have interesting stage elements...

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
A now that nobody is expecting a character. Sakurai will reveal a character just for the sake of being unpredictable.

D

Deleted member

And now you have jinx'ed it, and he will post a pic about Luma not having a nose. Thanks a lot. >3>
Why not take it a step further?
Post a picture of Mega Man, Kirby, AND Luma, and point out in the caption how none of them have noses.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Tonight will be info about a Little Mac move we've already figured out for ourselves.

I want it to be move info, but for characters like Olimar and Peach who still have a little bit of mystery surrounding them.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We will probably get a series of 18 pictures showing a new 3DS stage
Pic of the Day: Here is every frame in the Rainbow Road stage! I know there's a lot of pictures, but if you scroll down fast enough, it's like a moving picture of the olden days! Amazing!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
We did get Lucario on the last day of January. So here's hoping Sakurai doesn't (cut our hearts out) leave us out to dry.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All this talk about noses makes me think the Ultimate nose should be an Assist Trophy...

Specknose! The... weirdest enemy ever. Kid Icarus rocks.

Specknose_final.png

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
All this talk about noses makes me think the Ultimate nose should be an Assist Trophy...

Specknose! The... weirdest enemy ever. Kid Icarus rocks.

View attachment 11132
That would be Amazing. But what's more amaing is what a pain that enemy is in Uprising, AND the first KI. D:

But anyways. Let's hope we'll get Another Lucario reveal. As in, character last day of the month.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I just got a BIG Deja vu right now. Talking about noses in a black/dark forum. ._. I hate it when that happens, it's so creepy! Has it or hasn't it happend me Before?!

Ahem. Anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom