• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
No characters this month? BOOO!!!! (meanwhile we get 3 stages, new info on tilt smashes, a peanut gun buff, a din's fire buff, 4 returning items, 2 new items, 3d confirmed, new info on outlines, and 2 trophies.)
There's still Monday dude

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. Pikmin confirmed for the 3DS version, finally. ^^ But STILL no more than 3 at a time. So I guess Olimar won't have more than 3 from now on.

That will probably mean he has a new Up Special. And the Hocatate Ship Item probably means he has a new Final Smash. Can't wait to see more of Olimar.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

(Well, it's certainly a lot better than pokemon stadium 3)
I think my favorite feature is that the day progresses while you're climbing the tower. Hopefully the Gym Leader Battle theme is a selectable song.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
There's a lot of stages where you're moving around on mobile platforms, between both consoles, but very few of them seem to have gimmicks or obstacles that'll get in the way of the fight.

I wonder if he realized Isle Delfino was the perfect model for a "fair" yet exciting stage...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not for Japan man... Its April by then.
What?

Actually no. They get these pictures on the same date as us, except that they get these at about 5 pm in the evening. Don't blow the timezones out of proportion.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What?

Actually no. They get these pictures on the same date as us, except that they get these at about 5 pm in the evening. Don't blow the timezones out of proportion.
Wait wha? My ignorance is catching up with me. I guess in retrospect the only reveal that was a day off was the little mac one.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just as expected, no characters at all this month, unless we get one monday...

If I'm right about this, we're about to see a certain box soon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope you're right, but I think there's a good chance of no Direct in April:

1. All of the GBA VC launch announcements have already been made, and media have already written stories about the GBA VC games launching next week.
2. Nintendo will obviously have a big, international Direct with lots of Mario Kart 8 stuff. But this Direct will likely come in early to mid May, in order to build hype right before the game is available for purchase.
3. Because Nintendo rarely if ever has two consecutive months with a big, international Direct, I predict we'll get said Direct in May or, at the very earliest, the last week of April.

We will probably finally get a veteran reveal next week though, and if not next week the week after.
I don't think Nintendo can afford to go two months without a Direct. The elephant in the room is that the Wii U has nothing major coming out soon except Mario Kart 8 and the 3DS is stalling for time by releasing games in different regions at different times. I too think they will do something for Mario Kart 8 in May but keep in mind that the worldwide release for it isn't until the tail end of the month and that Nintendo has already done several smaller Directs focused around particular games like the Wii Fit U and Pokemon Directs we had in the fall. As other people have pointed out too, Nintendo has been pretty consistent when it has come to releasing major Directs every 2 months or so leading me to believe they won't pass up April.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't think Nintendo can afford to go two months without a Direct. The elephant in the room is that the Wii U has nothing major coming out soon except Mario Kart 8 and the 3DS is stalling for time by releasing games in different regions at different times. I too think they will do something for Mario Kart 8 in May but keep in mind that the worldwide release for it isn't until the tail end of the month and that Nintendo has already done several smaller Directs focused around particular games like the Wii Fit U and Pokemon Directs we had in the fall. As other people have pointed out too, Nintendo has been pretty consistent when it has come to releasing major Directs every 2 months or so leading me to believe they won't pass up April.
Probably but it would be weird to show off the big guns a month and a half before E3, at this point I'm thinking they're keeping them for themselves.
But again, it wouldn't surprise me if they showed two big games this month and nothing at E3.
Nothing that Nintendo did in the last few years makes any sense whatsoever anyway.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't say they have to show a lot of big games as they can easily give us updates on ones we already know about. Hyrule Warriors, X, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, FE x SMT, Watch Dogs, and Yarn Yoshi for the Wii U and, based on whatever region they haven't come out in, they could show Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, Layton x Phoenix Wright, and Tomodachi: New Life. Then there's the VC games and major indie games like NES Remix 2, Shovel Knight, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, etc to talk about too. Throw in a couple of new games for any of these platforms and there would be plenty to talk about.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Now I feel like Aprils direct character might be either ridley or mewtwo

(Too explain because of a longest wait and he rewards us for such a wait)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait wha? My ignorance is catching up with me. I guess in retrospect the only reveal that was a day off was the little mac one.
Little Mac was that week's Friday daily picture. It was morning in Japan, so that meant it was still Thursday for Europe and North America. Japan is around 9 to 7 hours ahead of Europe and around 18 to 14 hours ahead of the United States.

Daily pictures are posted on Japanese afternoons, at around 4 PM Japan time. That means morning for Europe (around 7 to 9 AM depending on the timezone) and late night (around 23 PM to 2 AM depending on the timezone) for America.

Remember the logic behind the time zones: the Earth is round and orbits around itself.

By the way, this map is quite convenient to understand time zones better: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ In fact, that site has a lot of stuff about time zones and DST, a time zone converter and so on.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
1. End of Japanese fiscal year.
2. All four major regions are all heavily promoting the GBA virtual console launch this coming Thursday.
3. The Gamexplain leak.
4. By the start of April on Tuesday, it will have been 39 days without a character, one day less than the longest drought so far.

All these put into consideration, it's pretty likely.
Ok, had to look up the game explain leak but yep, this seems sound. Hoping for a Palutena reveal.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

is it me or in this image, around the tower, we see just plain green grass while here…

we see grass and trees? like it's detail but I think they added details since the first pic which would actually explains the lack of info initially

EDIT: we should have seen the 2 gym leader sign in front of the tower in the first pic (it should have been between the magenta plaza and the tower but we don't see them)

Also, I want to point the first pic quote:
"The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really."
UP UNTIL A FEW SECONDS AGO?
does that mean that it will go back to the ground when night comes?

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I think my favorite feature is that the day progresses while you're climbing the tower. Hopefully the Gym Leader Battle theme is a selectable song.
The Gym Battle theme from X/Y was pretty good. I actually preferred it over all of the other battle themes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The Gym Battle theme from X/Y was pretty good. I actually preferred it over all of the other battle themes.
Me too and I think it's really unexpected for this type of gym leader music to be that good. The first part of the music just pumps you up and the last part despite being really slow, just fits well together and it's really something different from others gym leader theme.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I don't get why he's shown the 3DS stages so much but almost none of the WiiU ones. I hope it just means that they are still touching those up.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Probably but it would be weird to show off the big guns a month and a half before E3, at this point I'm thinking they're keeping them for themselves.
But again, it wouldn't surprise me if they showed two big games this month and nothing at E3.
Nothing that Nintendo did in the last few years makes any sense whatsoever anyway.
The Gamepad makes a lot of sense. So does the 3DSXL.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Calling a Ridley 'reveal' on April 1st only to be shown hes actually a stage hazard on the 2nd.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Little Mac was that week's Friday daily picture. It was morning in Japan, so that meant it was still Thursday for Europe and North America. Japan is around 9 to 7 hours ahead of Europe and around 18 to 14 hours ahead of the United States.

Daily pictures are posted on Japanese afternoons, at around 4 PM Japan time. That means morning for Europe (around 7 to 9 AM depending on the timezone) and late night (around 23 PM to 2 AM depending on the timezone) for America.

Remember the logic behind the time zones: the Earth is round and orbits around itself.

By the way, this map is quite convenient to understand time zones better: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ In fact, that site has a lot of stuff about time zones and DST, a time zone converter and so on.
Yea I was referencing America with that post on little mac. The site says it was the 14th but we got him the 13th iirc. Thanks a lot for thee help though. I just thought that the 24hr divide was between Japan and Hawaii. I should've realized that its actually around somewhere else.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I wish this stage was for the Wii U version too, looks really neat.

One more weekday left of March! Wonder if we will be getting that veteran reveal.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wish this stage was for the Wii U version too, looks really neat.

One more weekday left of March! Wonder if we will be getting that veteran reveal.
I doubt it. Apparently April is the start of the Japanese fiscal year, so having one show up on the last day of March seems unlikely. April 1 we might see big stuff though- maybe even a direct announced on Monday for a big reveal for the fool's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom