• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Eh, nice stage. I don't remember that last part in X/Y though. Also I'm tired of all these lifeless cities Sakurai, put someone in there for ****'s sake.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
There's no link because they quickly took it down. They made a statement that a lot of Mario Kart 8 info was going to be revealed soon on their Twitter account. This tweet was taken down less than an hour later so many people think they jumped the gun and Nintendo told them to remove it.
Oh, cool. That certainly implies a direct coming up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well look on the bright side, you guys.

You still have Monday~

Ha ha ha.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
1. End of Japanese fiscal year.
2. All four major regions are all heavily promoting the GBA virtual console launch this coming Thursday.
3. The Gamexplain leak.
4. By the start of April on Tuesday, it will have been 39 days without a character, one day less than the longest drought so far.

All these put into consideration, it's pretty likely.
I hope you're right, but I think there's a good chance of no Direct in April:

1. All of the GBA VC launch announcements have already been made, and media have already written stories about the GBA VC games launching next week.
2. Nintendo will obviously have a big, international Direct with lots of Mario Kart 8 stuff. But this Direct will likely come in early to mid May, in order to build hype right before the game is available for purchase.
3. Because Nintendo rarely if ever has two consecutive months with a big, international Direct, I predict we'll get said Direct in May or, at the very earliest, the last week of April.

We will probably finally get a veteran reveal next week though, and if not next week the week after.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

(Well, it's certainly a lot better than pokemon stadium 3)
I'm guessing that it will be nighttime on the way down based on the original PtoD.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Can never complain about in-depth stage details. This has been a great month for information. Night y'all.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I hope you're right, but I think there's a good chance of no Direct in April:

1. All of the GBA VC launch announcements have already been made, and media have already written stories about the GBA VC games launching next week.
2. Nintendo will obviously have a big, international Direct with lots of Mario Kart 8 stuff. But this Direct will likely come in early to mid May, in order to build hype right before the game is available for purchase.
3. Because Nintendo rarely if ever has two consecutive months with a big, international Direct, I predict we'll get said Direct in May or, at the very earliest, the last week of April.

We will probably finally get a veteran reveal next week though, and if not next week the week after.
Nintendo's big directs have always been bi-monthly, regardless of the games coming out.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My favorite 3DS stages are Spirit Train and Arena Ferrox. Wii U wise, Wuhu Island looks so amazing. Can't wait to hear the music and see the flight paths for that one!

I just thought of something that would be really bad. Imagine that Monday's pic will show a veteran or possibly a new character with an ambiguous caption and then on Tuesday, April 1st, Sakurai reveals the character to be a cameo character! Oh, the rage would be priceless. XD

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You guys are thinking too much. It's clear by now that Nintendo isn't capable of generating hype in an healthy way, nor of living up to the expectations of the hype they generate.
There are no rules, they go random, so really a Direct can come anyday, or simply not come.
I stopped giving a **** really.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Warning Received
No charcter this month is the reason veteran characters should not be revealed on days related to a release or aniverssary date. The idea contradicts itself cause there has been mutiple dates that have been ignored so why do people think it should be a tradition if we only got reveals during 1/2 of game related dates. While April will get alot of dates they will probably be ignored unless there is a direct happening soon.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
We might not get any more veterans at all until E3. They might want to have an E3 trailer that not only shows us 3 awesome newcomers, but also gives us the first HD look at a bunch of veterans. Maybe we'll get something like G&W or Ice Climbers, though.

If there is a Direct next week (or any time in April), it'll likely reveal a newcomer.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Respect the 3DS version. The stage info we got is amazing. Coincidentally this is the 2nd 3DS we got more than 1 pic the same day describing it. The first one was that Mario 3d land stage.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Respect the 3DS version. The stage info we got is amazing. Coincidentally this is the 2nd 3DS we got more than 1 pic the same day describing it. The first one was that Mario 3d land stage.
To be honest though the more I look at this stage the less I like it. That last picture is just ugly.
Mario 3D Land looks much better.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is the best one of the week by far for sure, and it's only disappointing in the sense that it's pretty much all we got this week.

I don't think this stage is like Delfino; I get a sense it follows a fixed path on a loop like Rainbow Cruise with today's pictures showing us what's basically the first half of the loop. It looks like a good stage so far; I'm looking forward to seeing it in action when the game hits.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You just need to look at the first Lumiose pic, with the colorful lights at night. That will truly be a beauty.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To be honest though the more I look at this stage the less I like it. That last picture is just ugly.
Mario 3D Land looks much better.
You just need to look at the first Lumiose pic, with the colorful lights at night. That will truly be a beauty.
That, and for people to stop judging how a 3ds game looks until they see it on a 3ds. :rolleyes:

Anyway this stage looks amazing. Adding to the collection of the growing number of amazing stages for the 3ds. Seriously, I'm loving the 3ds version. As it is the version I'll probably play more, I'm glad it is getting all these awesome stages. <3

Also, more Pikachu and Olimar is always good. :3

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm yearning a bit for new character reveals.

Whether Sakurai wanted it or not, his Miiverse account is basically the Dojo all over again in terms of hype building. He should use it well.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It seems to me that Sakurai is trying to keep us on our toes, and since people started predicting character reveals around anniversary dates or game releases, it's like Sakurai said "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" and is just toying with us now.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
The new stage reminds me ore of of the halberd stage from brawl, other than that the stage looks pretty nice visually wise.
I am kinda disappointed that the WiiU stages aren't as interesting or lively as the 3DS stages shown far.

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
Sup ******s. Decided to jump back in after years of silence and lurking. Whats the haps?

Update pissed me the **** off. I mean okay thats fine I guess, I just really want more veteran info already dammit!!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Even without a character reveal, this has been one of the best weeks we had. We literally got something substantial every single day, the Cuccos, the Kid Icarus club thing, characters without outlines on 3DS, Andross, and now we get another stage analysis like the 3D Land one for Lumiose City.

As for what's taking the character reveal so long, my guess is that we're getting a newcomer next.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
You know there are two additional pics of the stage on miiverse...
EDIT:nvm. was scrolling fast and thought no one had brought it up.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The 3DS version sure has its share of travelling stages... Super Mario 3D Land, Rainbow Road, Spirit Train and now Lumiose City. Not that's a bad thing, though.

Anyway, this stage looks great. Quite a faithful recreation from the original game and I also like its day/night cycle. Here's hoping there are some Pokémon cameos in the background.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad it's another pokrmon stage from an actual existing location and I thought this was a pretty good month.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is a pretty neat pic of the day, it's nice having an explanation of the stage rather than the vague shot we had of it initially. With that said, I think it's fairly sure to say that March went without a character reveal, given that Monday has never once yielded us a character, the best to expect from a Monday is an item it seems. I'm surprisingly okay with it, I don't really thirst that much for a veteran reveal, at the moment I'm more interested in what an April Direct can give us.

By the way, European Summer Time also begins on Sunday, so now our pictures are going to be late too.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is a pretty neat pic of the day, it's nice having an explanation of the stage rather than the vague shot we had of it initially. With that said, I think it's fairly sure to say that March went without a character reveal, given that Monday has never once yielded us a character, the best to expect from a Monday is an item it seems. I'm surprisingly okay with it, I don't really thirst that much for a veteran reveal, at the moment I'm more interested in what an April Direct can give us.

By the way, European Summer Time also begins on Sunday, so now our pictures are going to be late too.
No, our clocks are going to be early. Everything is relative.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No, our clocks are going to be early. Everything is relative.
Don't you mean late? You're setting the clock one hour forward.

That means Europe gets the pictures at around 8 AM instead of 7 AM. Doesn't make much difference to me, honestly.

Edit: I mean on the GMT time zone, which only the UK, Ireland and Portugal have. The rest of Europe uses CET or EET, which is GMT+1 or +2.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No characters this month? BOOO!!!! (meanwhile we get 3 stages, new info on tilt smashes, a peanut gun buff, a din's fire buff, 4 returning items, 2 new items, 3d confirmed, new info on outlines, and 2 trophies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom