• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I just went back to check character reveal times.
Up until marth, character reveals were typically late, (mostly 2-3 hours late, with marth's being 20 minute late)
However, all reveals after that have been extremely early, 30-60 minutes early with most veterans.
I'm counting this with 1:00 being the time when i get these, besides the last few weeks.

In short: if it isn't early, don't expect a character. (at least until it switches back to late characters)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh, people are still expecting characters? I gave up on that some time ago, it's really relaxing not to expect anything really. Nice pic of Lumiose, me likey!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Just to clarify since some people seem to be confused; Golden Week is a MONTH from now, not next week.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Welp. At least we got two new items and an Assist Trophy. Yay for Andross...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh my gosh. I'm not mad because I like the look of this stage but no character March sucks. I don't think we'll get one monday.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

(Well, it's certainly a lot better than pokemon stadium 3)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
3 pics in one day... Hard to complain now.

And yeah, looks like it'll be similar to Delphino Plaza.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
We need WarioWare Inc. to purchase Sora Ltd. for everyone's favorite corpulent chairman to make his return!

Oh, and first time we see the Pikmin appear on the 3DS? It looks as if they lack outlines.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm loving the fact that he's going into detail about the stages now. Still, I can't help but feel sour that we didn't get a single character reveal this month.

Steelia

Smash Champion
We've been getting 2 characters in one Month since December, fyi.
Hence the plural months :d

You know Sakurai might not think of the updates in terms of months at all?
Oh, of course. He showed off Peach, Toon Link and Sonic in pretty quick succession, no doubt he could show multiple fighters in a week if he felt like it. But the char reveals are the big sellers of these games, and he's almost~ consistently shown at least one character a month, some that share no anniversaries nor celebrate a game release.
In the end, it's still his call. Whether he has them planned per month or not, no one can say for sure, so there's an argument for both sides. Doesn't bother me much either way what things he decides to show for PotD.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Dang, is it just me, or does the 3DS version look gorgeous? I'm really impressed with the character models on the handheld, but now the stages look amazing too? It's just so good!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

Cafe deconfirmed?
Once again, 3DS Version Master Race.

Seriously, I've really enjoyed the entirety of this month. Not sure what you people are complaining about. This month has been absolutely fantastic when it comes to new details and information.

I honestly hope next month is just like this month.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Oho, another multi-pic update, huh? Well, I called not getting a character anyways, so this is a nice alternative. I was wondering how this stage would work.

juddy96

Smash Lord
What would you rather do? Wait a month for a Nintendo direct to show a newcomer? Or would you have wanted March to show Yoshi and Wario, who are locks anyway? Think about it...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo Direct almost guaranteed? Could you elaborate? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.
1. End of Japanese fiscal year.
2. All four major regions are all heavily promoting the GBA virtual console launch this coming Thursday.
3. The Gamexplain leak.
4. By the start of April on Tuesday, it will have been 39 days without a character, one day less than the longest drought so far.

All these put into consideration, it's pretty likely.

Shroob

Sup?
2. All four major regions are all heavily promoting the GBA virtual console launch this coming Thursday.
3. The Gamexplain leak.
4. By the start of April on Tuesday, it will have been 39 days without a character, one day less than the longest drought so far.

The thing that scares me about Tuesday is.....April Fool's Day.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
3. The Gamexplain leak.

I've heard of the gamexplain leak, but i haven't seen it. Linky? (or atleast info on what was leaked?)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Imagine you're playing Classic Mode on the 3DS version. Then you beat a match on Prism Tower and then it needs to save your progress to get to the next. We're going to have crashes galore!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last chance for a veteran reveal in this month is this coming Monday.

Nice to see a Lumiose city update at least. And Olimar in a pic for the first time since......a very long time.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
The thing that scares me about Tuesday is.....April Fool's Day.
They're a business that has a struggling console, I doubt they can afford to point the middle finger at their fans in one of the wii u's potential life saver's. I think their facebook post will have an april fools, nothing more.

Or, the first pic of a day will be a dumb one and the he'll say "april fools" when the real pic revealing the character is shown like what happens usually when there is a direct revealing a character.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've heard of the gamexplain leak, but i haven't seen it. Linky? (or atleast info on what was leaked?)
There's no link because they quickly took it down. They made a statement that a lot of Mario Kart 8 info was going to be revealed soon on their Twitter account. This tweet was taken down less than an hour later so many people think they jumped the gun and Nintendo told them to remove it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think this is the first time we got to see Pikmin on the 3DS. Honestly, the 3DS has some of the more interesting stages we've seen. Lumiose City and Spirit Train are my favourites.

Also changing my avatar to fit the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom