• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Someone needs to do a Jeopardy parody thing featuring the Smash characters as contestants (and Master Hand or Sakurai as the host). XD

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Why not Luigi's nose in WFT's butt? You can have two if you can't settle for one!

Someone needs to do a Jeopardy parody thing featuring the Smash characters as contestants (and Master Hand or Sakurai as the host). XD
I might just be your man for that job.

Could make a nifty forum game too.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Let's say he doesn't reveal a character in March. Why would he forsake us like that? Let's examine the possibilities:

Optimistic reasoning: he's planning a massive, multi-character reveal for the net Direct as well as at E3, and wants to save as many characters as possible for these huge reveals.

Pessimistic reasoning: SSB4 will be releasing in December, and Nintendo told him/he decided to slow down the hype train so that he'll have plenty of veterans to reveal in October, November, etc.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Let's say he doesn't reveal a character in March. Why would he forsake us like that? Let's examine the possibilities:

Optimistic reasoning: he's planning a massive, multi-character reveal for the net Direct as well as at E3, and wants to save as many characters as possible for these huge reveals.

Pessimistic reasoning: SSB4 will be releasing in December, and Nintendo told him/he decided to slow down the hype train so that he'll have plenty of veterans to reveal in October, November, etc.
I think there's an even worse reason that the game won't be done in time to make it's 2014 deadline.

Steelia

Smash Champion

If I'm remembering correctly, the last time he did a two-characters-in-one-month thing, the following month he didn't reveal any veterans or newcomers at all. If there's no veteran reveal in the remaining days in March, I'm going to guess he's using previous 2-in-1 months to compensate for it.

Shroob

Sup?
If I'm remembering correctly, the last time he did a two-characters-in-one-month thing, the following month he didn't reveal any veterans or newcomers at all. If there's no veteran reveal in the remaining days in March, I'm going to guess he's using previous 2-in-1 months to compensate for it.
We've been getting 2 characters in one Month since December, fyi.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm stuck at work. That's a good sign for a vet reveal. I've missed over half because of this job.

Get hype.

juddy96

Smash Lord
We are on the final stretch. Battling the end of March. Battling sleep. Battling hype. Battling the almighty king of trolls that is known by the name of Masahiro Sakurai. To commemorate these battles, I present to you, one of the best songs from Brawl.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You know Sakurai might not think of the updates in terms of months at all?

fromia

Smash Cadet
We are on the final stretch. Battling the end of March. Battling sleep. Battling hype. Battling the almighty king of trolls that is known by the name of Masahiro Sakurai. To commemorate these battles, I present to you, one of the best songs from Brawl.

Wow I just listened to that song a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really want a character reveal today or next week or any time, really.

But my gut says we'll see something new but not a character.

So can anyone recap the pic delivery times for the Eastern Timezone this week?
It should be up in about 10 minutes. Do the math.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If there is a character reveal wouldn't it be tonight? I can't see them revealing someone on a monday or a day that isn't friday but who knows.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Welp, Sakurai usually updates early when he intends to reveal a character. It's almost time for the regular update, so lose hype...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Let's say he doesn't reveal a character in March. Why would he forsake us like that?
Pessimism and optimism are two sides of the same coin. It could be neither, it could be both. Personally I see two likely scenarios.

A) Sakurai could be slowly building down hype to really hit us out of nowhere with something amazing. @Venus of the Desert Bloom noted recently that it's almost the end of the year there, and while he believes something for the end of the year would be appropriate, I think the inverse is equally possible, and he'd be starting out the new year/month with a bang.

B] They've already shown us all the "good stuff" they are willing to show us for now, and are going to expand on vague areas rather than just overcompensating for delays/news droughts with characters. It may even be possible Sakurai is waiting on Nintendo's say to reveal certain things (Yoshi being pushed back to New Island's international release, for example).

All in all, I don't think it matters much. We'll likely forget all about it once we get inevitably closer to E3, aside from the "at least it wasn't as bad as March" comments from time to time.

Truth be told, I do kinda hope the game comes out later than sooner. I'd rather a 2015 release so they can fine tune everything/include as much as they can (no not characters/anything specifically, but I'd hate to see cool ideas scrapped again).

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah, an early heads up, but apparently Golden week starts exactly one month from now...

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, an early heads up, but apparently Golden week starts exactly one month from now...
Which either means
A.No updates for a week.
B.Fantantasic themed updates every day that week.
C.Terrible themed updates every day that week.
D.Mediocore themed updates every day that week.
E.Absolutely nothing.
So in short, it could mean anything.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Pessimism and optimism are two sides of the same coin. It could be neither, it could be both. Personally I see two likely scenarios.

A) Sakurai could be slowly building down hype to really hit us out of nowhere with something amazing. @Venus of the Desert Bloom noted recently that it's almost the end of the year there, and while he believes something for the end of the year would be appropriate, I think the inverse is equally possible, and he'd be starting out the new year/month with a bang.

B] They've already shown us all the "good stuff" they are willing to show us for now, and are going to expand on vague areas rather than just overcompensating for delays/news droughts with characters. It may even be possible Sakurai is waiting on Nintendo's say to reveal certain things (Yoshi being pushed back to New Island's international release, for example).

All in all, I don't think it matters much. We'll likely forget all about it once we get inevitably closer to E3, aside from the "at least it wasn't as bad as March" comments from time to time.

Truth be told, I do kinda hope the game comes out later than sooner. I'd rather a 2015 release so they can fine tune everything/include as much as they can (no not characters/anything specifically, but I'd hate to see cool ideas scrapped again).
What does Venus mean by the year almost being over? Is it like a fiscal year or some labor thing?

Also, October 2013 was worst month for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom