• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Buff? I'm not so sure.

Seems more like a nerf to me. Having to sweet-spot Din's will make it even worse.

I hope Sakurai means that the knock-back will remain unchanged and only be increased at the core. But it's more likely that knock-back has been decreased around the edges and it's going to be even harder to kill with now.

Oh well. Maybe less knock-back will grant some combo potential.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well the metal gear 5 part 1 is coming out on the 20th of march in japan which is the 25th anniversary of metal gear solid so that's the only reason my gut feels this could save him from being kicked
um.. the 20th of march lines up with no MGS anniversary, in fact they already had the 25th anniversary.

But i see again that the snake double standard is coming up again, with the whole "if he isnt revealed on the 20th hes out" im seeing.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Buff? I'm not so sure.

Seems more like a nerf to me. Having to sweet-spot Din's will make it even worse.

I hope Sakurai means that the knock-back will remain unchanged and only be increased at the core. But it's more likely that knock-back has been decreased around the edges and it's going to be even harder to kill with now.

Oh well. Maybe less knock-back will grant some combo potential.
Well, it was rather hard already to kill with Din's Fire. In most cases, it was possible when the foes were near the blast lines.
Plus, the words "is now stronger in its core" seems like he added a stronger sweetspot, more than "sweespotting" Din's fire power in Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice, new Din's Fire! The explosion effect looks nice too.

Now wait for the "ZELDA TOP TIER!?!?!" threads. Just wait.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was rather hard already to kill with Din's Fire. In most cases, it was possible when the foes were near the blast lines.
Plus, the words "is now stronger in its core" seems like he added a stronger sweetspot, more than "sweespotting" Din's fire power in Brawl.
Well, Din's never had to be sweetspotted in Brawl. The knockback only changed depending on the distance it had travelled.

"...but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall..."

This implies a sweetspot. Possibly a coincidental bad translation, but I doubt it.

--

At the very most, this was intended to be a buff for Zelda, but will turn out to be for the worst. Knockback definitely isn't what they need to improve on any of Zelda's moves anyway.

Sad, really. Zelda's looking to be low-tier once more. :(

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What I meant is that I don't think the power of Din's Fire is in the new sweetspot. I suppose that the sides of the explosions still hit the same, but that the core becomes a killing move. This is only speculations of course.

And this doesn't means she'll only get power buffs. And she needs it, considering Brawl's bad physic and momentum cancel. Sure, it affected everyone, but slow characters really suffered from that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What I meant is that I don't think the power of Din's Fire is in the new sweetspot. I suppose that the sides of the explosions still hit the same, but that the core becomes a killing move. This is only speculations of course.

And this doesn't means she'll only get power buffs. And she needs it, considering Brawl's bad physic and momentum cancel. Sure, it affected everyone, but slow characters really suffered from that.
What she needs is better approach.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Anybody else extremely happy about the little changes and comments like this?

Compared to Brawl, it really seems like Sakurai is spending a lot more time making the characters interesting and different, and at least trying to concentrate on balance...

Especially with the newcomers... We already have a different 2-char tag team style with Rosa, All-projectile char in Megaman, really odd char in Villager, and ground-happy char with adjustable smash attacks in Little Mac...

Honestly, I keep thinking that these new styles and such kind of remind me of what Tekken and Soul Calibur try to do... I think Namco is having a good influence on this game after all...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nice, new Din's Fire! The explosion effect looks nice too.

Now wait for the "ZELDA TOP TIER!?!?!" threads. Just wait.
Yeah, I never understood that. Why is everybody convinced that when a character is revealed, they'd be broken?

Mega Man has projectiles, yes, but is no good in close combat. Little Mac could beat him to a pulp.
Rosalina has her Lumas and can defy gravity, but is going to be EXTREMELY easy to KO.
Little Mac is beast on the ground, but you get him in air and he's screwed.
Villager can collect items, but also has several moves with lag, and a recovery that can be destroyed with a jab combo on a ledge.
Wii Fit Trainer is a very basic fighter, I don't really think anyone's called her OP.

Back on topic, though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I never understood that. Why is everybody convinced that when a character is revealed, they'd be broken?

Mega Man has projectiles, yes, but is no good in close combat. Little Mac could beat him to a pulp.
Rosalina has her Lumas and can defy gravity, but is going to be EXTREMELY easy to KO.
Little Mac is beast on the ground, but you get him in air and he's screwed.
Villager can collect items, but also has several moves with lag, and a recovery that can be destroyed with a jab combo on a ledge.
Wii Fit Trainer is a very basic fighter, I don't really think anyone's called her OP.

Back on topic, though.
It's mostly just them advertising the characters by mainly highlighting their positive qualities so they have to make them kick butt the majority of the time. Plus their probably fighting a few low leveled computers or their opponents damage percentage is very high (I believe you can see Bowser's damage counter being around 200-300% or something when you pause just right in the Little Mac trailer).

I guess this kinda lead some people to believe that these characters are more powerful than they probably are.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Absolutely. Even a buff for her running speed would be GREAT.
Heck, if I'm correct, she was buffed in Brawl.
The problem was her approach, which made the buffs useless.

It's mostly just them advertising the characters by mainly highlighting their positive qualities. Plus their probably fighting a few level-1 computers or their opponents damage number is very high (I believe you can see Bowser's damage counter being around 200% or something when you pause just right in the Little Mac trailer).

I guess this kinda lead some people to believe that these characters are more powerful than they probably are.
I think we're also forgetting that they're making the game.
So of course they'd know more about the characters than us. And are able to pull out those combos.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Arghhh, I can't wait 8 days to see if snake is in. I hope we get a double update with yoshi and snake
back-to-back

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm certain the damage is what samurai was referring to, in means of Din's Fire. Its hard to land dins fire at a distance, so if you land it properly I think that's a kill move.

But Zelda is a sweet spot character. She's difficult to master so maybe they realize that. Putting sweet spots on her and such.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Oh, I guess it was a good idea for me to go to bed when I did. I looked at the time when the PotD was posted and it was a good hour after I left. And it looks like...a buffed Din's Fire.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd rather see Ridley/Palutena get revealed than Snake. Even though it all has to happen sometime :ohwell:

If it happens at all

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt Snake would ever be shown in a normal PoTD.

But about the pic; I'm not really understanding this "at the core" talk. Does it meant to won't do knock back unless the core is what hits? What happens if you just get hit by the fire then? It'd be kinda neat maybe to have it do a PK fire/Fire Flower effect.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
IT's weird, I find myself dreaming about what the POTD could be if I don't stay up for it. Last night I dreamt that Sakurai had just done a very poorly photoshopped version of the Smash 64 Character Select screen with three characters missing and being replaced with Ridley fanart. With the caption "ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU WANT???"

I have odd dreams

andimidna

Smash Master
Not here to brag or anything, but this is EXACTLY what I said Sakurai should do to Dins Fire.
But I know he didn't actually see what I said ;_;
Still, Dins Fire is my favorite attack in Brawl out of any character. Any update with it, I like. Still waiting for Nayru's Love design in this game.... I hope they change its look up a bit again. Also, looking forward to seeing Zelda's transform being close to the speed of Melee, hell, I just want Sheik confirmed.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
God, tonight could be anything... It's been a good week so I'm not going to bother predicting anything.
"Pic of the day! Sorry about the delay for yesterday's pic of the day, so here's Pokemon Trainer for Europe's Trozei release!"
Seriously though, I have no idea what it could be, a possible build up for Yoshi maybe? That being said, a Yoshi reveal Friday isn't exactly a lock.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm still not expecting Yoshi on Friday, but that doesn't mean this week is going to waste in my opinion.

I'll predict an Assist Trophy for tomorrow though. That or an item.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Tonight... I'm calling something boring. Friday is Yoshi (it's been long enough) and no pokemon reveals. It's about time for a veteran reveal.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Zelda buffs are nice. That explosion effect was nice.

Overall Grade: B

I want to believe that Sakurai will give us something cool tomorrow, but my gut says not to expect anything outstanding.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Heck, if I'm correct, she was buffed in Brawl.
The problem was her approach, which made the buffs useless.
(Sorry for the late response)

I know she was buffed in Brawl, this doesn't mean she can't get buffed again.
She just need different buffs from brawl's one, as you suggest.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Trozei involves round pokemon, so Jigglypuff maybe?
Honestly, I see Jiggs as a post-release reveal.
If anything, it'll be Pokemon Trainer.

(Sorry for the late response)
It's alright bro.
I know she was buffed in Brawl, this doesn't mean she can't get buffed again.
She just need different buffs from brawl's one, as you suggest.
Exactly.
Maybe another thing would be a faster down special. That would do wonders...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Dear Sakurai-sama,

I know you read this thread. Please reveal the Ice Climbers tonight. I ask you this favour as a loyal fan on the day of my birthday.

Thanks,

Radical Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom